Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2015 10:18:51 PM EDT
Last week I purchased an SLR-104-31 from budsgunshop.com, and I just went to my FFL today to check it out.

As soon as I picked it up and looked down the sights, I could clearly see that the rear sight is canted to the left.

I left the rifle with my FFL dealer, as he is also a gunsmith so he is going to put some levels on it tomorrow and see what he thinks about it.

I'm still new to AKs so I'm not sure if this is something that can be easily fixed, or if I should just reject the shipment and ask budsgunshop.com to send me a new one?

The rest of the rifle looked pretty good quality, although the rear sight is far enough off that I expected better quality from Arsenal.  I just got a VEPR 54R 23" a few weeks ago and the quality of that, the sights and all are top notch.

What are some of you other guy's experiences with new SLR-104s?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine was pretty much perfect. The spot welds could have been nicer, but that's about it.

Buds will most likely tell you to send the rifle into Arsenal for warranty support. Could you post a picture of the rear sight? Have you done the table top test where you rest it upside down on the sights to see if there is any movement?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Either way I would have buds send it into Arsenal.  I know that normally if I already accepted the rifle then they'd probably have me just send it to Arsenal, but then I'd get hit with all the shipping charges.

What exactly is the table top test?  Do you have any links that explain it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You rest the rifle upside down on the sights, front and rear. You'll know if there's something canted if both sights are not on the same plane and resting flat.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top