Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2014 7:52:49 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm considering buying a 5.45 rifle, and considering the recent "sanctions" barring the importations of Saiga rifles and their subsequent rise in price, I am looking at the Arsenal SLR104 (I really like the ribbed dust cover anyway).

I have one problem, I like to have an M4/collapsible stock on my AK, preferably a Magpul CTR... So, there are many stock adapters but as you know they are for 5.5mm, not 4.5mm... I can't find any way that I would be able to put a collapsible stock on this rifle. I don't care if it still folds or not, it is almost a requirement for me. I will probably buy the rifle regardless, I can run a regular AK stock... I'll just have to sit and hope a good adapter comes out.

Does anyone have any ideas on how you could put a Magpul CTR stock on an SLR104 without jury rigging it or changing the trunnion? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I'm considering buying a 5.45 rifle, and considering the recent "sanctions" barring the importations of Saiga rifles and their subsequent rise in price, I am looking at the Arsenal SLR104 (I really like the ribbed dust cover anyway).

I have one problem, I like to have an M4/collapsible stock on my AK, preferably a Magpul CTR... So, there are many stock adapters but as you know they are for 5.5mm, not 4.5mm... I can't find any way that I would be able to put a collapsible stock on this rifle. I don't care if it still folds or not, it is almost a requirement for me. I will probably buy the rifle regardless, I can run a regular AK stock... I'll just have to sit and hope a good adapter comes out.

Does anyone have any ideas on how you could put a Magpul CTR stock on an SLR104 without jury rigging it or changing the trunnion? Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Will this work for you?
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200082
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will this work for you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will this work for you?

Ive been wanting ine of these for awhile. That's affordable, I'm not really digging the overall look though
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the first AK to AR folding adapter for 4.5 pin to be US MADE and is available for purchase?

Quoted:
Ive been wanting ine of these for awhile. That's affordable, I'm not really digging the overall look though

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will this work for you?

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is this the first AK to AR folding adapter for 4.5 pin to be US MADE and is available for purchase?

View Quote

I know that there is at least one more in the works but I believe that this is the only one available currently.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Manticore Arms possibly?

Either way this is on the market now it seems and it kind of baffles me as to why it has taken this long for someone to step up to the plate with this adapter.

I had a small (FB) exchange with another reputable builder/manufacturer who implied they would have something soon also earlier this year but have not seen anything from them.

The JMAC folks also have built a AIMR crutch folder replica that is fantastic and more money than I would spend on my little DRACO

http://www.jmac-customs.com/ak/aimr_stock

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Man that's a good looking stock adapter! ;)
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It loses the ability to fold flat (still folds enough to stuff in a bag) but gives a rear of stock sling attachment point. I think it looks slick myself.

http://www.jmac-customs.com/ak_parts_and_accessories/45mm_ak_to_ar_buffer_tube_stock_adapter

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Interested in this setup too. I am concerned that it does not incorporate the backplate, which could make it hard to index the buffer tube and could make it come loose unless the castle nut is staked. I read on AK Files that JMAC is working on a product where the buffer tube is integrated into the hinge. I would pick one up in a heartbeat if or when they release it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interested in this setup too. I am concerned that it does not incorporate the backplate, which could make it hard to index the buffer tube and could make it come loose unless the castle nut is staked. I read on AK Files that JMAC is working on a product where the buffer tube is integrated into the hinge. I would pick one up in a heartbeat if or when they release it.
View Quote

I don't see a need to stake mine. It's not a integral part of the gun unlike an AR. Not a big deal if it becomes loose. My only request was the addition of a sling mount - which jmac will add on the next generation. Pretty happy with mine though.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the JMac adapter on my SLR-107.  Indexing the buffer tube so it was straight while trying to tighten down the castle nut was a royal PITA.  They really need to add a pre-drilled hole for a pin or set screw to keep the tube from rotating.  Overall its a great piece of gear.  Glad I ordered it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have the JMac adapter on my SLR-107.  Indexing the buffer tube so it was straight while trying to tighten down the castle nut was a royal PITA.  They really need to add a pre-drilled hole for a pin or set screw to keep the tube from rotating.  Overall its a great piece of gear.  Glad I ordered it.
View Quote

i need pics
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Any word if the new version will fold flat?

ETA: I meant the next gen adapter from JMAC
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have had problems installing buffer tubes even on ARs. Even with the end plate keeping the buffer tube indexed, there is still play which allows the buffer tube to pitch to either side. Tightening the castle nut while keeping the buffer tube perfectly straight is frustrating, which is why I put PWS Enhanced Buffer Tubes on my ARs.

I will buy it if they incorporate a way to help keep the buffer tube aligned. I emailed JMac today asking if they had any plans for one and did not get a straight response.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Any word if the new version will fold flat?

ETA: I meant the next gen adapter from JMAC
View Quote
It can't fold flat, the AR stocks are too thick.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Now they have one with an end plate, LOL
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Costs quite a bit more than the one I just bought.  Not sure if its worth it for me to upgrade at this point but I do like the QD socket.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Didn't Sven at Manticore arms say they were coming out with a fold flat M4 stock?  He referenced it in the GD thread about their keymod HG.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Does their adapter come with the castle nut? Their site says it doesn't have the tube or stock but no mention of the castle nut.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#21]
@R850R:  Yes, he did. He also mentioned that a few things still needed to be worked out as it is not the easiest of projects to have taken on.  I'm looking forward to the end result, though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:21:00 AM EDT
[#22]
New to ak's here and just got an slr104, does the new rifle dynamics adapter not work on the 104? Also am I to understand that you can change out the poly folder and put on a triangle folder if you have one? Not to thread jack op, just figured it's kind of the same question really.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
New to ak's here and just got an slr104, does the new rifle dynamics adapter not work on the 104? Also am I to understand that you can change out the poly folder and put on a triangle folder if you have one? Not to thread jack op, just figured it's kind of the same question really.
View Quote

The rifle dynamics adapters are for AKs with a rear tang, the SLR series doesn't have one.

The 4.5 mm triangle stocks are a drop in replacment for the polymer side folder.

I just swapped mine out, most people prefer the looks of the triangle over the poly but opinions on ergonomics vary. I find the poly stock to be slightly more comfortable than the triangle, but not enough to make a difference.

The push button on the 100 series stocks that release the stock from the latch in the folded position will spoil you though.

The only real negative I see with the triangle is a lack of storage for the cleaning kit.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top