Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2014 6:08:11 AM EDT
Never heard of this Bulgarian AK-47 and no information from my weak Googling. Any leads or details from the ARFCOM collective?
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it and I'm pretty sure they don't exist. Where did you hear about them in the first place?
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Most I could find was this, and it looks like the seller is confused

gun broker
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've also never heard of an SLR-46, but must admit that I'm curious about the rifle in the auction. And that's because it has the muzzle brake of the SLR-95 and SLR-96, but the 45 degree gas block and vented gas tube of the SA93.
I would email the seller and ask for a model number confirmation and close-up picture of the part number engraved on the receiver. If it actually is engraved with SLR-46, then I will be shocked.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats where I saw it, Gun Broken. I emailed him to get closer pics of the receiver. I thought he made a mistake and that it was a "96".
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure it's a SLR 96, as they have the 45 degree gas block like a 93. GARY
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure it's a SLR 96, as they have the 45 degree gas block like a 93. GARY
View Quote

Actually, it seems that the SLR-96 may have been import with both gas blocks. My best guess is that early runs were imported with the 45deg GB that the SA93 used, and later runs were imported with the 90deg GB, as they transitioned away from the T3 components.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm fairly certain one of the SLR-95s that I owned during the ban had a 90d block.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top