Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:49:17 PM EDT
Hey guys I'm kind of new here so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.  I recently purchased this unit and I'm very happy with it.  At a 100 yards its pretty much dead on target (it came that way out of the box), every round is in a 5 inch circle, and thats good enough for me.  I would take the gun into battle any day?  LOL.  Here is the problem, I purchased some Russian ammo MFS 124 Gr Fmj and in a brass case.  I got it dirt cheap a number of years back from Cabelas.  When I shoot the gun the brass ejects with no problem and clears everytime.  When I pick up the brass there is a small dent in the case about a half inch down from the case mouth.  The rest of the brass looks perfect.  Guys I would like to save this brass because I like to reload and its something I can do with my time.  Yeah I know you can buy the bullets cheaper than a person can reload so why waist my time.  But like I said I like to reload.  Ok now with the small dent,  what can be causing it?  As near as I can figuar the spent case must be hitting the finger pull on the bolt when its ejecting?  Could there be some kind of timing issue here?  Am I off base?  Any other ideas?  Any help here would sure be appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Dented brass is common in the AK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD7palHcaqE

cases hit the dust cover.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top