Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443/IMG_4526_jpg-3164943.JPG
I wouldn't let the wood HG hold you up on getting a PSA Krink.  Its not furniture from a Krink parts kit, but it looks great.

If you don't like it when it arrives you could always refinish it, or find some for sale and drop that extra $500 and get real stuff
View Quote

Thanks for posting pics - It Doesn't look too bad - Geometry looks right on - The red Color is entirely from the stain - and looks like Color can be changed by strip and refinish -  looks like birch or beech? maple? Something with not much grain.  I have some of the correct Garnet shellac chips I use to create an orange top color, it won't be laminated but It be closer to Russian red/orange.

Seems like a lot of home brew recipes for the Russian colors to taste.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Go ahead and adjust them.  I ground off a little bit of wood on my PSA spiker and they fit flush now.
View Quote

@DoorKicker
Good to know! Did you just shave a bit of wood off one end or both ends? Any other details about the process? and of course pics??? lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:02:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#3]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

@DoorKicker
Good to know! Did you just shave a bit of wood off one end or both ends? Any other details about the process? and of course pics??? lol
View Quote

The majority of the trimming/shaving I did was on the pistol grip.  The rest of the furniture, I attempted to strip off the shiny finish and then actually roughen it up a bit.  I rounded all the finished edges off so they didn't look so "Nice and New"

I used water to get the wood to swell a bit also. This along with the sanding of any edge removed the uniform and precise edge of the PSA furniture.

I also did some grinding on the metal to allow the spike bayonet to fit up into the lower HG properly.  And grinding was required to to install a cleaning rod under the spike as well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Finally, I rubbed some grease into the grain of the wood to get a worn look.  I just didn't like how nice and shiny the stocks were.
I also installed a buttstock trap door for the cleaning kit, as well as adding a rack number. "56" in chinese writing.. At least I think thats what it says.  LOL

There is a detailed video on YT by a member here that inspired my modifications.  I believe it is the same guy that posted a review on the PSA website as well, on the spiker page where it is listed for sale.

ETA: looking at my own picture, I need to work on that butt plate a bit to get a proper fit as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
these stocks cut for a cleaning kit? I thought about adding the trap door to my spiker, but haven't bothered to even look if it was cut for the kit.

I still need to cut the HG retainer for the bayo, but then it will be loose. Which then means I'll need to weld a bead and sand that down....I ain't got time fo dat!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nictra:
these stocks cut for a cleaning kit? I thought about adding the trap door to my spiker, but haven't bothered to even look if it was cut for the kit.

I still need to cut the HG retainer for the bayo, but then it will be loose. Which then means I'll need to weld a bead and sand that down....I ain't got time fo dat!
View Quote

The bayonet shouldn't be loose when you grind a channel deeper into the HG retainer. At least mine is not.  The deeper channel just allows the spike to snap in place more securely and deeper into the HG.  And YES, the stock was pre-drilled for the cleaning kit
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, and thank you
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M1Lou] [#7]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
A Krink isn't even a thing. It's a made up word.  So PSA has as much right to use it as anyone else.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/18/krinkov-the-definite-origin/

Also, didn't the Bulgarians make a version of the AKS-74U in 5.56?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

I'm not even an AK guy/aficionado/snob, but even I know that you didn't get a Krink.  If it's in 5.56, it's not a Krink.  

A Krink isn't even a thing. It's a made up word.  So PSA has as much right to use it as anyone else.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/18/krinkov-the-definite-origin/

Also, didn't the Bulgarians make a version of the AKS-74U in 5.56?

сучка it's nickname. I have a picture of my father in law carrying one in Tajikistan during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. My Tula kit build on a NDS receiver is set up for NVG shenanigans and during the last Red Oktober I had no problem with the stages due to the short barrel. I now have a Galil MAR set up in a similar manner because I can grab 5.56 anywhere. 5.45 is not that affordable anymore and If I want to shoot a lot, I am grabbing the MAR.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't believe I've ever had an AK I didn't have to tweak something on, it's all part of the AK experience. That's the way they are, that's the way their suppose to be.
Basic AK tool kit includes...
Hammer
Vice grips
Screw driver
Duct tape
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I still have a ton to learn about the AK platform. I really would like to learn to build one from receiver up.
I think that is part of the reason that I started buying AKs.  I had just about done it all with AR15s.  Ironically, with ARs I went in reverse.  The old Model 1 kits that required just about EVERYTHING to be installed.  Stuff like the sights and forward assist.  The BCG without an installed gas key. Even barrel extensions, and installing a Delta ring... Now you can buy complete uppers.
My first AR builds were UGLY.  It took years for me to perfect a build and more importantly, acquire all the proper tools to assemble an AR15 correctly and without marring the finish or outright damaging things.
But when I finally did, or got very close, I got bored.
Now the AK offers me a challenge and I am learning stuff everyday.  I only wish I would have started with AKs back when they were dirt cheap and stuff like bakelite mags could be purchased by the box @ 2-5 bucks each. A chinese AK was 250-350.  But back then the bakelite mags and chinese AKs were ridiculed and considered junk...My how time changes things.  Now there are people that consider PSA junk...
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:12:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak4784] [#10]
I like how that wood turned out after you roughed it up and fitted it. Looks like I will have some work to do to my spiker and krink once I get back home(working out of state right now).

How stupid is this…I booked a flight back to KC from WV next week so I can go pick up my Krink. I am going to chill at home for a couple days then fly back to WV Krink is serious business

ETA- I also just ordered 4 of those Bulgi 556 mags to try out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By d16man:
Shot the Krink suppressed at The Gathering.  Great gun, too much gad to the face suppressed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002706-3166370.jpg
View Quote

so that is a PSA gun they had for people to shoot?  Thats cool.  I notice the lack of optic rail.  I wish they offered one like that for us to buy...
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#13]
Originally Posted By M1Lou:

it's nickname.

View Quote
What is that in English?

I've read of a few nicknames that the Soviets had for it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I still have a ton to learn about the AK platform. I really would like to learn to build one from receiver up.
View Quote
That's the way to do it. I built both my FALs from parts, then rebuilt both again.  Every one of my ARs have been assembled from individual parts.  

I've never built an AK from parts, but I converted three Saigas from sporters to bare barreled receivers then pressed on the barrel parts, riveted the trigger guards, etc.

They were all fun projects and thanks to helpful people on the various forums, I've learned a lot about how the guns work.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:47:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#15]
Shot the Krink suppressed at The Gathering.  Great gun, too much gad to the face suppressed.
View Quote
What can was on there?

I have an OSS/HuxWrx to use with mine. That should solve the gas problem.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#17]
That's the way to do it. I built both my FALs from parts, then rebuilt both again.  Every one of my ARs have been assembled from individual parts.  

I've never built an AK from parts, but I converted three Saigas from sporters to bare barreled receivers then pressed on the barrel parts, riveted the trigger guards, etc.

They were all fun projects and thanks to helpful people on the various forums, I've learned a lot about how the guns work.
View Quote

This is the way. I just prefer to do it myself whenever possible, then I KNOW it's done right.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I got my PSA Krink.  Wood is really nice. Obviously the guy who said the wood was crap, doesn't have one.  I figured as much.

I am adding an ALG trigger tonight.  I have the plum wood version.  I will shoot it in the next few days. Serial # is 109x
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
I got my PSA Krink.  Wood is really nice. Obviously the guy who said the wood was crap, doesn't have one.  I figured as much.

I am adding an ALG trigger tonight.  I have the plum wood version.  I will shoot it in the next few days. Serial # is 109x
View Quote

If I get a second one it will be the plum version.  Not sure what the second caliber will be, but we don't know what comes next so I have some time.

Speaking of ALG triggers, I have a PSA AK-102 and it shipped with an ALG trigger. I don't remember why, maybe a deal of the day special but I like it a lot.  I will definitely get more ALG triggers in the future.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:49:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#22]
View Quote

Well at least from this angle it looks like those handguards fit right, and the front part of the groove in upper looks like it's matched to the front part on the lower.

ETA: No side rail, i'm digging it!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MGYSGT8541] [#23]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

Well at least from this angle it looks like those handguards fit right, and the front part of the groove in upper looks like it's matched to the front part on the lower.

View Quote
I noticed the lack of a side rail mount on pictured Krink.. that is the first PSA Krink I've seen without a mount.  Mine came with one and I mounted the SM-13k Krink side mount by Arsenal. I love it.  It just made this weapon one of my Truck guns.  Just need to zero the dot.  I'm going to use Gold Dot 62gn 223
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
View Quote

Yes, seems like they realize some prefer the No Optics Rail look.

Maybe that will be an option soon, and that would give me a definite reason to get my second Krink, or 3rd if I can count my ZPAP 92
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes, seems like they realize some prefer the No Optics Rail look.

Maybe that will be an option soon, and that would give me a definite reason to get my second Krink, or 3rd if I can count my ZPAP 92
View Quote
So are you saying they make a Krinkov model without the side rail?  It doesn't show on the website?  I don't even think the posting photo of that krinkov is in fact a PSA.  It's SBR'd already?  Someone BS'g here..  PSA does not list a Krink without a rail that I see
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#26]
So are you saying they make a Krinkov model without the side rail?  It doesn't show on the website?  I don't even think the posting photo of that krinkov is in fact a PSA.  It's SBR'd already?  Someone BS'g here..  PSA does not list a Krink without a rail that I see
View Quote
They don't currently sell one without the side rail.

The one in that image is a PSA gun, but it's a pre-release one they took to some event to demo to people.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
They don't currently sell one without the side rail.

The one in that image is a PSA gun, but it's a pre-release one they took to some event to demo to people.
View Quote
Oh ok thanks.   I am glad they have the rail but completely understand that some want without it.  I wanted to put a red dot for a carry weapon.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man] [#29]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:05:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#30]
Better pics of full gun.  The first one you should be able to zoom in on.  Serial in 1xx and model is Krink.  Soviet Arms roll marks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002818-3169441.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002705-3169443.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002851-3169445.jpg
View Quote

Holy shit.  Is that a 5.56 45rnd PSA magazine I see?  Sure looks like the Soviet Arms logo

ETA bottom right of first picture.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Holy shit.  Is that a 5.56 45rnd PSA magazine I see?  Sure looks like the Soviet Arms logo

ETA bottom right of first picture.
View Quote
Those are 9mm AK-V mags.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 18B30:
You’ve chosen……wisely!
View Quote

Reason I left marlinowners.com.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Congrats, man! Diligence paid off. Good for you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Those are 9mm AK-V mags.
View Quote

Well POOP!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bcw107:

Isn't it "little bitch"?
View Quote

The AKS74U is little bitch.

I love mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
The AKS74U is little bitch.
I love mine.
View Quote

The AKS74U is called Little Bitch by some, Krink by others, as well as Krinkov and a few others I can't remember.

Any clone of an AKS74U could be called any of those names as well. PSA has marketed their version as Krink.  If your gun is not a FULL AUTO AKS74U, guess what it's a clone
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#38]

The AKS74U is called Little Bitch by some, Krink by others, as well as Krinkov and a few others I can't remember.

Any clone of an AKS74U could be called any of those names as well. PSA has marketed their version as Krink.  If your gun is not a FULL AUTO AKS74U, guess what it's a clone
View Quote
A Simi auto Krinkov is just a clone?  Capt Obvious strikes again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:58:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#39]
A Simi auto Krinkov is just a clone?  Capt Obvious strikes again.
View Quote

It is indeed obvious to MOST, but some want to claim that a parts kit built to look like a Krink is somehow more entitled to be called a Krink than a PSA built to look like a Krink.

I was simply reminding those of the fact that THEY ARE ALL CLONES

It is a tiresome argument

ETA:  but I love my PSA Krink...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MGYSGT8541] [#40]

It is indeed obvious to MOST, but some want to claim that a parts kit built to look like a Krink is somehow more entitled to be called a Krink than a PSA built to look like a Krink.

I was simply reminding those of the fact that THEY ARE ALL CLONES

It is a tiresome argument

ETA:  but I love my PSA Krink...
View Quote
After the way you just explained that, I apologize for saying Capt Obvious.  I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately people always try to discredit other people's weapons so to feel better about their own.  I like what you said. It is such a tired argument and or troll that some use.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#41]
After the way you just explained that, I apologize for saying Capt Obvious.  I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately people always try to discredit other people's weapons so to feel better about their own.  I like what you said. It is such a tired argument and or troll that some use.
View Quote

Agreed

I have a safe, actually 4 safes, chock full of guns that somebody would not approve of I am sure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#42]
When I saw it I assumed it was one of the first runs they did for testing.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#43]
So how long did it take PSA to ship out your krinks? I got my order in 7 days ago and nothing yet. Is that normal? Pretty sure my Spiker was shipped in a few days. Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#45]
So how long did it take PSA to ship out your krinks? I got my order in 7 days ago and nothing yet. Is that normal? Pretty sure my Spiker was shipped in a few days. Just curious.
View Quote

I received my Krink 7 days after I ordered it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:05:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#46]
View Quote
PSA can be slow to ship sometimes. Average is about 7 days, but I've had orders in the past take almost two weeks to ship.

If it goes longer than two weeks, then I'd call them.

Log into the site and double check your order history, just to make sure the order did go through.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#47]
PSA can be slow to ship sometimes. Average is about 7 days, but I've had orders in the past take almost two weeks to ship.

If it goes longer than two weeks, then I'd call them.

Log into the site and double check your order history, just to make sure the order did go through.

View Quote

Order history still shows my order number and is processing. I sure hope it doesn’t take 2 weeks lol. I’m flying back home tomorrow for 1 week then back out to work again. If I miss the window my FFL will be sitting on it for a while for me
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Order history still shows my order number and is processing. I sure hope it doesn't take 2 weeks lol. I'm flying back home tomorrow for 1 week then back out to work again. If I miss the window my FFL will be sitting on it for a while for me
View Quote
Mine took about 5-6 business days to ship
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#49]
So now on the PSA site it has apparently updated and now says Shipped! However I have not received any kind of email notification for either an order confirmation or shipping notification.
I don’t remember if I got an order confirmation with my spiker but I do remember getting a shipping notification and tracking number.
Guess we will see if any emails show up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top