Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JamesJones:
I've seen plenty of 11am drops for the krink. They must have plenty of parts ready to get built.

I'd likely search for real krink furniture if I thought about grabbing one but I don't know how realistic that goal would be?
View Quote

The redwood furniture is nice.  Granted, I have never handled a "Real" krink, but looks good.

I did remove the wood and rub the underside and edges with varnish to fully coat all surfaces.  Looks like PSA laid the furniture on a flat surface and sprayed the top side only.  The edges and part of the underside were still raw wood and the edges were very noticeable when mounted.

Now it all blends in.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

so I guess any semi auto rifle that you own that is FA in its original configuration is....what exactly?
View Quote

Nothing.  I don't claim my MK12-ish rifles are true MK12s.  I don't claim that my AR-15s are M16s or M4s.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

11 drops now also. Damn lol.

So I never got an “in stock” notification for the plum gloss. Damnit PSA!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I've seen plenty of 11am drops for the krink. They must have plenty of parts ready to get built.

I'd likely search for real krink furniture if I thought about grabbing one but I don't know how realistic that goal would be?

11 drops now also. Damn lol.

So I never got an “in stock” notification for the plum gloss. Damnit PSA!!!!

PSA's system only emits the in-stock alert if an item has been available for more than an hour.  I suspect most of these drops have sold out faster to the F5'er crowd.  

Attachment Attached File

Here's my also totally not-a-real Krink that was made in a Bulgarian factory that obviously wasn't authentic either, hiding under Arsenal's weird yet effective polymer furniture that I painted green.  

PSA's not-a-real Krink looks pretty darn good to me, don't let the haters get you guys down.  Wish there was more surplus wood furniture out there for you guys but if K-VAR still has the ribbed polymer, it is good stuff too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

PSA's system only emits the in-stock alert if an item has been available for more than an hour.  I suspect most of these drops have sold out faster to the F5'er crowd.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/106ur_jpg-3163848.JPG
Here's my also totally not-a-real Krink that was made in a Bulgarian factory that obviously wasn't authentic either, hiding under Arsenal's weird yet effective polymer furniture that I painted green.  

PSA's not-a-real Krink looks pretty darn good to me, don't let the haters get you guys down.  Wish there was more surplus wood furniture out there for you guys but if K-VAR still has the ribbed polymer, it is good stuff too.
View Quote

Question:  is that a "Real" magazine in that sexy not real Krink? I thought real magazines were bakelite?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Real AKS-74U wood is very pricy.  All the Russian parts are pricy.

You could probably strip and refinish the PSA wood to look like anything you want with some creativity, and if you screw it up it's easy to get a replacement piece.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/106ur_jpg-3163848.JPG
View Quote

That green turned out super nice, care to share the paint recipe?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Question:  is that a "Real" magazine in that sexy not real Krink? I thought real magazines were bakelite?
View All Quotes

I am a monster and used a *gasp* commercial AC-Unity mag.  All my bakes are 5.45 or 7.62; I feel twitchy if someone suggests using a 3d-printed 5.56 follower in them.  

Originally Posted By Dragynn:

That green turned out super nice, care to share the paint recipe?

Krylon Camo Ultra-Flat in Olive; nothing fancy I’m afraid.  Cheap, easy to work with, and I really like the color.  It was as close to Magpul OD in a can as I could get many years ago and the unique shade has grown on me.

I need to paint the OD green folding stock I got from PSA that’s on my PSA-105 with it since their polymer green color is so off and weird.  Weather just hasn’t aligned with my free time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been wondering where the PSA Krink threads are. I REALLY wanted a red wood but I could only get the railed version on day one. I’ve taken it to the range once so far for 180 trouble free rounds. I wanna double that at least before I consider sending in the Form 1.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:29:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#11]
Originally Posted By d16man:

@ak4784 in stock notifications are only sent after its been in stock for an hour never.
View Quote

Fixed that for you.

Seriously I don't think I've ever gotten an in stock notification from PSA on anything I subscribe to.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

Fixed that for you.

Seriously I don't think I've ever gotten an in stock notification from PSA on anything I subscribe to.
View Quote

LOL. Good to know. I guess I won’t wait around for that then.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Fixed that for you.

View Quote

Same. You just have to start refreshing around 4 pm till it hits.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:44:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#14]

Fixed that for you.

View Quote

I have received 2 emails showing the Krink in stock.  Once for the voodoo model, and once for the plum.  Both were after I had already managed to get a redwood...

I clicked on them and they were already OOS by the time I looked at the email.

ETA:  there was a period of time before the Krink was released, that I kept that page open on my computer 24/7. I would refresh it constantly all day long.  I would also check every thread that mentioned the Krink constantly for updates.  Yes I was obsessed
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]

ALG trigger > wood furniture and the wood is cheap.  Sell the rail and get the wood.  You still have the ALG trigger.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
I’ve been wondering where the PSA Krink threads are. I REALLY wanted a red wood but I could only get the railed version on day one. I’ve taken it to the range once so far for 180 trouble free rounds. I wanna double that at least before I consider sending in the Form 1.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24640/IMG_5399_jpeg-3164173.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24640/IMG_5400_png-3164174.JPG

ALG trigger > wood furniture and the wood is cheap.  Sell the rail and get the wood.  You still have the ALG trigger.  

Where to get wood furniture?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I just added a redwood Krink to my cart and then removed it.  Yall get in there...
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep! Just got one. Awesome.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#18]
How are the PSA mags for these? Worth buying a bunch?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
How are the PSA mags for these? Worth buying a bunch?
View Quote

They are good to go at $24 you should get some, but the Bulgarian metal reinforced mags are good also and @ $16 you should get MORE!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#20]

They are good to go at $24 you should get some, but the Bulgarian metal reinforced mags are good also and @ $16 you should get MORE!!!
View Quote

Where can these be found?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Where can these be found?
View Quote

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/bulgarian-ak-74-5-56x45mm-30-round-reinforced-steel-lug-polymer-magazine.html

They also have them for 5.45 and 7.62, I've used the latter in my 104 build for years and they've been very good to go.  Might need a little fitting to lock in cleanly, but otherwise great for the money.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Those Bulgarian mags have run great in my 101 and 102.  Actually fit better than the PSA mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Sweet. Thats a deal. I will stock up on em.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Innawoods_larper:

Lol so you people DO exist. That's wild.
View All Quotes

"8.5 inch barrel", "just fine"... just fine for what? Who cares? I don't think anyone here would consider a psa product as something they would use in a self defense capacity, so what does it matter? Unless.....those people do exist here? Is that a thing???

SO EDGY, anything is "just fine" for LARPING

I would not hesitate to rely on a PSA weapon in a self defense situation.  And an AK of any brand would never be my first choice

BUT, if I decided to play dress up, I guess PSA would be fine for that too.

I’ve been an RO & participant of Kalashni-Con since the 2nd Winter shoot.
There are two K-Con’s a year, Winter & Summer.
90 shooters plus RO’s & staff.
3 days of competition at multiple distances from 3 yards out to 600.
Very dynamic with alot of moving & shooting.
We shoot in ever weather except lightening. This Jan we shot in -10F.
I’ve got an Arsenal SLR101s (Milled), a Zastava M92, and a PSA 101 in 556. I’ve previously owned a MAK90, a Zastava M70B, and an Arsenal SLR107FR.
I’ve seen top tier guns go down at KCon, and I’ve seen entry level guns go down.
I’ve seen a few PSA guns fail, but not many and certainly no more than others.

I havent had any issues with my PSA 101 thus far.
I’ll happily report any issues I do have with it.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

I’ve got an Arsenal SLR101s (Milled), a Zastava M92, and a PSA 101 in 556. I’ve previously owned a MAK90, a Zastava M70B, and an Arsenal SLR107FR.
I’ve seen top tier guns go down at KCon, and I’ve seen entry level guns go down.

View Quote

significance being on actually shooting @ Kalashni-Con VS Larping and then making baseless post on the internet
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#26]
So as far as ballistic capabilities of 5.56 in very short barrels, I’ll use my experience in owning a kit HK53 and a  Vector Arms V53. They are 8.3” barrels, if I remember correctly. The 53 with a 1/7” twist ran M193 and SS109 perfectly. The Vector had a cut down 33 barrel in 1/12”. 55gr was laser accurate. Using 62gr resulted in key holing at 25 yards.

As far as PSA Krinkovs are concerned, the wood furniture is not original and crap. Either source Russian furniture or do the smart thing and pay the extra money for the excellent ALG trigger and very competent Soviet Arms/PSA rails. They are better than the crap coming out of the Ukraine and a fraction of the cost you will pay for Zenitco furniture you still have to gunsmith to fit.

And then… the triangle brace… it’s very good. I would SBR and put a 4.5mm triangle stock on it or even a Midwest stock (the best option when a real Russian stock is out of price reach). But, if you want to keep it a pistol, the brace is good. Add a Russian bandage and pink tourniquet to it as a cheek weld, stiffer stock, and historical coolness factor.

Lastly… the Krinkov was designed to provide a PDW to armor crews when the SHTF for them… think the last battle scene in Fury when they were being overrun by Infantry. It’s not a 300m rifle option.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Pavia:
So as far as ballistic capabilities of 5.56 in very short barrels, I’ll use my experience in owning a kit HK53 and a  Vector Arms V53. They are 8.3” barrels, if I remember correctly. The 53 with a 1/7” twist ran M193 and SS109 perfectly. The Vector had a cut down 33 barrel in 1/12”. 55gr was laser accurate. Using 62gr resulted in key holing at 25 yards.

As far as PSA Krinkovs are concerned, the wood furniture is not original and crap. Either source Russian furniture or do the smart thing and pay the extra money for the excellent ALG trigger and very competent Soviet Arms/PSA rails. They are better than the crap coming out of the Ukraine and a fraction of the cost you will pay for Zenitco furniture you still have to gunsmith to fit.

And then… the triangle brace… it’s very good. I would SBR and put a 4.5mm triangle stock on it or even a Midwest stock (the best option when a real Russian stock is out of price reach). But, if you want to keep it a pistol, the brace is good. Add a Russian bandage and pink tourniquet to it as a cheek weld, stiffer stock, and historical coolness factor.

Lastly… the Krinkov was designed to provide a PDW to armor crews when the SHTF for them… think the last battle scene in Fury when they were being overrun by Infantry. It’s not a 300m rifle option.
View Quote

What’s wrong with the PSA Krink wood? The wood on my PSA Type 56 Spiker is pretty good. Maybe not quite as good as my old Chinese Polytech spiker but I wouldn’t call the PSA wood crap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have some closeup pics of the redwood handguards? particularly what the wood grain is like and the inside/underside where it might have its natural wood color?

Kind of curious how they look in ideal pics and if the wood might be suitable to be stripped, refinished & made to look more to ones taste say for orange/iodine color.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Does anyone have some closeup pics of the redwood handguards? particularly what the wood grain is like and the inside/underside where it might have its natural wood color?

Kind of curious how they look in ideal pics and if the wood might be suitable to be stripped, refinished & made to look more to ones taste say for orange/iodine color.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I wouldn't let the wood HG hold you up on getting a PSA Krink.  Its not furniture from a Krink parts kit, but it looks great.

If you don't like it when it arrives you could always refinish it, or find some for sale and drop that extra $500 and get real stuff
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Real AKS-74U wood is very pricy.  All the Russian parts are pricy.

You could probably strip and refinish the PSA wood to look like anything you want with some creativity, and if you screw it up it's easy to get a replacement piece.
View Quote

Got a link?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't think PSA is selling Krink wood sets yet...they are not even selling type 56 clone wood sets yet. They have been listed since the gun(type 56) was released but have never once been actually in stock to my knowledge. I would be very surprised if they did start selling just the wood sets anytime soon.

Out of curiosity, where would one buy real krink furniture?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#33]

I thought Krink hand guards are shorter?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Lastly  the Krinkov was designed to provide a PDW to armor crews when the SHTF for them  think the last battle scene in Fury when they were being overrun by Infantry. It's not a 300m rifle option.
View Quote
Truth.

Sniper Krink [AKs74u] 4x ACOG to 500yds: Practical Accuracy | Tarkov gamer's dream IRL

AKs74u "Krinkov" to 500yds: Practical Accuracy

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#36]
A pair of good video's there, I enjoyed watching them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
2 things I'd like you to answer please:

1. Obviously you have a PSA Krink based on you saying the wood is crap.  What is crap about it on your PSA Krinkov?

2.  Who has an ALG trigger in stock?  Can't find one anywhere.  You said to get Russian furniture and be smart and get ALG. So are people dumb who don't get it?  Huh
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Unit-59:
A pair of good video's there, I enjoyed watching them.
View Quote
I like their vids. They have a lot of AK content too. The AK-105 videos are enjoyable too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
2 things I'd like you to answer please:

1. Obviously you have a PSA Krink based on you saying the wood is crap.  What is crap about it on your PSA Krinkov?

2.  Who has an ALG trigger in stock?  Can't find one anywhere.  You said to get Russian furniture and be smart and get ALG. So are people dumb who don't get it?  Huh
View Quote

I too would love to know why the wood on my PSA Krink is crap?  I like it.  I think it looks the part.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#40]

I too would love to know why the wood on my PSA Krink is crap?  I like it.  I think it looks the part.
View Quote

Can always paint it brown for the Bulgarian look too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

"8.5 inch barrel", "just fine"... just fine for what? Who cares? I don't think anyone here would consider a psa product as something they would use in a self defense capacity, so what does it matter? Unless.....those people do exist here? Is that a thing???

SO EDGY, anything is "just fine" for LARPING

I would not hesitate to rely on a PSA weapon in a self defense situation.  And an AK of any brand would never be my first choice

BUT, if I decided to play dress up, I guess PSA would be fine for that too.

Can you show pics of the internal parts? Or DM me them? I'm curious what they look like after how ever many rounds you have put through it. I keep seeing people say that psa still hasn't fixed the strange wear pattern issues on their aks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Can you show pics of the internal parts? Or DM me them? I'm curious what they look like after how ever many rounds you have put through it. I keep seeing people say that psa still hasn't fixed the strange wear pattern issues on their aks.
View Quote

I have a thread dedicated to this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#43]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443/IMG_4526_jpg-3164943.JPG
I wouldn't let the wood HG hold you up on getting a PSA Krink.  Its not furniture from a Krink parts kit, but it looks great.

If you don't like it when it arrives you could always refinish it, or find some for sale and drop that extra $500 and get real stuff
View Quote

That handguard set is nothing like a stunning affirmation that the stock wood set is good. The finger grooves are not even close to being matched, it's absurd really, and the set has distinctive gaps where the handguard cuts meets the retainers. It's pretty ghetto really, and seems to reflect an "I don't give a shit, they'll pay a grand or better anyway" mentality. It doesn't look "great". At all.

Sorry buddy, but that's not impressive for a thousand dollar plus firearm. With a cheap nitride barrel too. C'mon, surely an American company can do better than that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#44]

That handguard set is nothing like a stunning affirmation that the stock wood set is good. The finger grooves are not even close to being matched, it's absurd really, and the set has distinctive gaps where the handguard cuts meets the retainers. It's pretty ghetto really, and seems to reflect an "I don't give a shit, they'll pay a grand or better anyway" mentality. It doesn't look "great". At all.

Sorry buddy, but that's not impressive for a thousand dollar plus firearm. With a cheap nitride barrel too. C'mon, surely an American company can do better than that.
View Quote

every picture of wood Krink HGs I can find look awfully close to the PSA HGs.  None of them match up.  Maybe I am looking at the wrong images but this picture is advertised as Russian Krink "Take Offs". They are NOT identical to the PSA HGs but sure look close, and they definitely do NOT match up.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
The wood isn't supposed to be Perfect with the line grooves. Most don't.  Ghetto is a strong word that is an insult to blacks..  please show some class.  Nitride barrels are solid.  I would like to see chrome though but it will run fine.  Have you seen all of the reviews?? Most have been solid.   Since you probably won't cum back on this thread since you think the gun sucks so bad.   take care
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Yeah the handguards don't match. I was browsing gunbroker last night looking at krink wood and noticed this with all of them. The one thing that does kinda bother me is the retaining caps not fitting perfectly. Even my Typer 56 Spiker clone is that way. I thought about trying to adjust and fit them better but I am worried they would become loose or some shit would happen and I would end up having to buy a new set whenever they finally become available. I do wish PSA would fit these a bit better.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah the handguards don't match. I was browsing gunbroker last night looking at krink wood and noticed this with all of them. The one thing that does kinda bother me is the retaining caps not fitting perfectly. Even my Typer 56 Spiker clone is that way. I thought about trying to adjust and fit them better but I am worried they would become loose or some shit would happen and I would end up having to buy a new set whenever they finally become available. I do wish PSA would fit these a bit better.
View Quote

Go ahead and adjust them.  I ground off a little bit of wood on my PSA spiker and they fit flush now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:41:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#48]
The only thing that bothers me with mine is the top handguard is loose with some play (maybe a mm or two) fore and aft. Is it supposed to be like this?

I guess you wouldn't want it too tight and put a lot of pressure on the gas block and barrel either.

I got the redwood and like the finish on the wood though.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:47:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#49]

View Quote
Unfortunately, $1000 is cheap in the AK world these days. There isn't much out there at this price point that isn't cutting some corners.

You have to step up to $1500-$1700 for something like a Beryl if these kinds of things bother you.

These Krinks will be a better deal in maybe a year when they are available as "furniture ready" builders guns for $700-800ish.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#50]

every picture of wood Krink HGs I can find look awfully close to the PSA HGs.  None of them match up.  Maybe I am looking at the wrong images but this picture is advertised as Russian Krink "Take Offs". They are NOT identical to the PSA HGs but sure look close, and they definitely do NOT match up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443/AKSU-hg-set-v-to-2_jpeg-3165823.JPG
View Quote

I agree- I don't think any of the Russian wood stocked AK's had precision fit.

The  used essentially a plywood due to strength and not intending a finely finished wood stock.  It was truly utilitarian.

What ended up being popular was something that had some distinct looks that has filled the history books & news when AKs are used in conflicts, etc globally.

We want something like what we saw - not necessarily a finely fitted stock one would expect from a $1k bolt rifle.

If mis-colored lose or gappy, proud wood stocks are "ghetto" then the Eastern Block is a bunch of ghetto armies  

I look at Krinks and wood clad AKs as akin to retro rifles - Sometimes authentic isn't perfection or precision.
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top