User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Niiiice. So how solid is the brace? any wiggle or flex?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ak4784:
Niiiice. So how solid is the brace? any wiggle or flex?
View Quote

No wiggle really, but the bottom portion will flex a bit
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

No wiggle really, but the bottom portion will flex a bit
View Quote

When I pull the trigger on one of these the F1 will go in the same day I have the gun in hand. It’s gotta have a proper stock.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:

When I pull the trigger on one of these the F1 will go in the same day I have the gun in hand. It's gotta have a proper stock.
View Quote
Same.

I did that with my AK-V and have been very happy I did.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By d16man:

I may have do do folding wood with the krink like I did with my AKV....
View Quote
That would probably look even cooler than your AKV
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#8]

I like the folding wood on the AKV, that looks great, but I would do the traditional triangle folder. IMO
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#9]

I like the folding wood on the AKV, that looks great, but I would do the traditional triangle folder. IMO
View Quote
I'm mostly going traditional with mine (just adding a suppressor and side-rail mount red-dot), but looking at pictures of Krinks for the last week, I'm conflicted.  There are some really cool looking Krinks out there with custom furniture and bolt-ons.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]

I have a big dislike for triangle folders.  I also am not bound to the "Original" look.
View Quote

I am the exact opposite.  I want traditional AKs. I won't do optics or rails on an AK.  Can't stand them.  The only "different" look I want on an AK is the Hungarian forward slant grip.  I also like all the different wire folders and wood stocks as well.

That could change, and knowing me it will.  I originally hated the Hungarian AKs.  Now I 5 or 6 of them.  They grew on me...

I will say that wood folder is different as well, and I am liking it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:44:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#12]

I have a big dislike for triangle folders.  
View Quote
It works, but isn't optimal.

Actually the 100 series sidefolding stocks are a much better solution, but only have 10% of the coolness factor.   Of course the longer barrel and longer sight radius of the AK-102/104/105 is also superior.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]
How long did it take for PSA to ship your Krinks?

I ordered mine on the 7th, got the email confirmation and since then haven't heard a peep from them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
How long did it take for PSA to ship your Krinks?

I ordered mine on the 7th, got the email confirmation and since then haven't heard a peep from them.
View Quote

7 days if I am not mistaken.  I didn't order the first day they hit.  It was a few days later when I had finally talked myself into it, and found it IN Stock.  

My SN is 005xx which I assume is one of the first 600 made.  I was thinking there would have already been thousands and thousands of these sold and shipped??

I wonder how PSA decides the number of on hand rifles they need before they start shipping?

I would love to tour their facility one day...
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:16:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#16]

7 days if I am not mistaken.  I didn't order the first day they hit.  It was a few days later when I had finally talked myself into it, and found it IN Stock.  

My SN is 005xx which I assume is one of the first 600 made.  I was thinking there would have already been thousands and thousands of these sold and shipped??

I wonder how PSA decides the number of on hand rifles they need before they start shipping?

I would love to tour their facility one day...
View Quote
Thanks. Hopefully mine will ship today (fingers crossed).

From the pictures posted, it looks like Sajer's is in the 500ish range as well.

Yeah, a PSA factory tour would be awesome. You could probably make a week out of it with everything they have going on.  That probably would be a really cool place to work in an IT capacity or something like that (IT generally gets all-access in every place I've worked in IT.    ).

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Nice!  I love that camo.

I have a PSA 102 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Hopefully I'll get it out with the Krink soon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Yes I did thanks.  Now don't you derail this thread and get it locked...
View Quote
Where do I get a CL barrel for these?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
Where do I get a CL barrel for these?
View Quote

You are asking about a CL barrel for the PSA Krink?  If so, I guess you will need to wait until they offer it as an option.  That may be in the works like on the other models PSA sells GF5 models have CL barrels.

IMO, you could get the barrel they offer currently, start shooting it, and I am willing to bet you would have a long long time before you needed a replacement, if ever...
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#21]

This.  And PSA has 2 chf cl options.  Gf4 is their own in house barrel, gf5 is an FN barrel.
View Quote
I looked up both GF4 and GF5 and I see nothing about a Krink barrel.  Could you post a link to it please?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#23]

This.  And PSA has 2 chf cl options.  Gf4 is their own in house barrel, gf5 is an FN barrel.
View Quote

I did not know this.

So in PSA's AK line up:

GF3 = Nitride Barrels
GF4 = PSA Chrome Lined Hammer Forged Barrels
GF5 = FN Chrome Lined Hammer Forged Barrels

Would this be correct?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm hoping to get one of these this year and then get a Sureshot Krink chassis on it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#26]

They haven't put them out yet.  I'm just referring to how their lineup is with all AKs.
View Quote
Do you think the PSA Krinks will eventually have CL barrels?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Do you think the PSA Krinks will eventually have CL barrels?
View Quote

I’m sure it’s just a matter of time master guns. It seems to be the natural progression for things with PSA.

Still in or retired?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:

I'm sure it's just a matter of time master guns. It seems to be the natural progression for things with PSA.

Still in or retired?
View Quote
I am thinking about buying an Arsenal Bulgarian CL barrel.  I've never tried changing an AK barrel.  Anyone have experience doing this ?

I retired in 2013. Did 27.  Semper Fi
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Is anyone still watching for these to pop up? Are they listed daily or just once a week? Is it 3 o’clock?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#31]
@MGYSGT8541

I think I saw in the PSA industry krink thread that you got the Voodoo version? If you already have it, what do you think of the wood? Pics please Sir!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]

@ak4784 pretty well known fact the website updates everyday at 4pm est with new stock.
View Quote

10-4. Thank you Sir! I am going to try to snag one this week.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:56:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#34]

@ak4784 pretty well known fact the website updates everyday at 4pm est with new stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

10-4. Thank you Sir! I am going to try to snag one this week.

When I snagged mine, they popped up on the site around 4:39ish.  So if there's none at 4:00, keep checking for about an hour afterwards.

Mine's supposed to be delivered to the LGS today.  Woohoo!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

When I snagged mine, they popped up on the site around 4:39ish.  So if there's none at 4:00, keep checking for about an hour afterwards.

Mine's supposed to be delivered to the LGS today.  Woohoo!
View Quote

Copy that. I’ll be watching as close as I can while working lol
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Plum gloss is in stock now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:17:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 603Born] [#37]

I went back and forth and couldn't make up my mind about an 8.5" 5.56 barrel.  Tried to have a technical discussion about it but we had to respect the authoritah of the almighty MODS and the thread was locked.  The MOD explain how very tired they grew filtering thru such tiresome threads such as ours.

I only hope they somehow are able to regain strength and continue the vital mission of sparing our eyes of such painful content.

But I was able to learn that an 8.5 barrel should be just fine just before we were silenced.... In a FLASH some might say.

So I kept refreshing the PSA website and low and behold, the redwood Krink popped back up and I ordered it

such GHEY activity deserved a true HAPPY ENDING

View Quote

"8.5 inch barrel", "just fine"... just fine for what? Who cares? I don't think anyone here would consider a psa product as something they would use in a self defense capacity, so what does it matter? Unless.....those people do exist here? Is that a thing???

You should consider not being like this or you should keep this kind of stuff in GD.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#38]

I went back and forth and couldn't make up my mind about an 8.5" 5.56 barrel.  Tried to have a technical discussion about it but we had to respect the authoritah of the almighty MODS and the thread was locked.  The MOD explain how very tired they grew filtering thru such tiresome threads such as ours.

I only hope they somehow are able to regain strength and continue the vital mission of sparing our eyes of such painful content.

But I was able to learn that an 8.5 barrel should be just fine just before we were silenced.... In a FLASH some might say.

So I kept refreshing the PSA website and low and behold, the redwood Krink popped back up and I ordered it

such GHEY activity deserved a true HAPPY ENDING

View Quote

I'm not even an AK guy/aficionado/snob, but even I know that you didn't get a Krink.  If it's in 5.56, it's not a Krink.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Innawoods_larper:

"8.5 inch barrel", "just fine"... just fine for what? Who cares? I don't think anyone here would consider a psa product as something they would use in a self defense capacity, so what does it matter? Unless.....those people do exist here? Is that a thing???
View Quote

SO EDGY, anything is "just fine" for LARPING

I would not hesitate to rely on a PSA weapon in a self defense situation.  And an AK of any brand would never be my first choice

BUT, if I decided to play dress up, I guess PSA would be fine for that too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

I'm not even an AK guy/aficionado/snob, but even I know that you didn't get a Krink.  If it's in 5.56, it's not a Krink.  

View Quote

so I guess any semi auto rifle that you own that is FA in its original configuration is....what exactly?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 603Born] [#41]

I would not hesitate to rely on a PSA weapon in a self defense situation.  And an AK of any brand would never be my first choice

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lol so you people DO exist. That's wild.

Reconsider how you interact with others in technical forums, please.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#42]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

View Quote
A Krink isn't even a thing. It's a made up word.  So PSA has as much right to use it as anyone else.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/18/krinkov-the-definite-origin/

Also, didn't the Bulgarians make a version of the AKS-74U in 5.56?

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Lol so you people DO exist. That's wild.
View Quote

Insulting a long time member in the tech forums probably isn’t wise.

That being said nothing that man does with his firearms has any effect on your day to day life. So why even bother?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MGYSGT8541] [#44]
@MGYSGT8541

I think I saw in the PSA industry krink thread that you got the Voodoo version? If you already have it, what do you think of the wood? Pics please Sir!!
View Quote
I don't have it yet and will not get it. I cancelled my order for the voodoo and ordered the plum version this am instead.

This is a good thread, it's too bad a few trollers got on here "it's not a real Krink or it's not good enough for real defense".  Freaking idiots.  I don't even get why they are on this thread if the don't like the weapon  Trollers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't have it yet and will not get in.  I cancelled my order for the voodoo and ordered the plum version this am instead.

This is a good thread, it's too bad a few trollers got on here "it's not a real Krink or it's not good enough for real defense".  Freaking idiots.  I don't even get why they are on this thread if the don't like the weapon  Trollers.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.  These are as close as we can get. And in a caliber that is easy to find.  An actual Krinkov would be full auto, and illegal to import.
You can build a copy, but it's still not the real thing. It's childish to say you can't call it that. Hell for that matter, the khyber pass guns are "Not real" and are all copies built in dirt floor machine shops.
I think all the adults understand this
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Too many people like to run their fucking mouths with impunity, instead of getting their fucking teeth knocked out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't have it yet and will not get in.  I cancelled my order for the voodoo and ordered the plum version this am instead.

View Quote

I don’t blame you. Plum is what I’m after also. I am interested in seeing the voodoo wood though that isn’t one if PSAs pictures.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I've seen plenty of 11am drops for the krink. They must have plenty of parts ready to get built.

I'd likely search for real krink furniture if I thought about grabbing one but I don't know how realistic that goal would be?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Btw DemolitionRanch on YouTube did a review of his PSA Krink and he shoots some ballistic gel. He shows the shots in slow motion. Doesn’t look like anything I’d want to be hit with. Although it obviously isn’t as devastating as a longer bbl would have.

Worth the watch.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JamesJones:
I've seen plenty of 11am drops for the krink. They must have plenty of parts ready to get built.

I'd likely search for real krink furniture if I thought about grabbing one but I don't know how realistic that goal would be?
View Quote

11 drops now also. Damn lol.

So I never got an “in stock” notification for the plum gloss. Damnit PSA!!!!
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top