Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Received 5 of the brown ones. They all locked into my PSA 102, one of my Slr-106s, and my Beryl. Just have to hold the latch down when removing the mag on the Beryl. Excited to see how they actually work on the range now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
mine are arriving tomorrow but have to ship my psa ak back this week otherwise I'd be trying them this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fubard:

That is really cool
View Quote

I got tired of waiting for a 74U clone from PSA, and Didn't want to spend >$2K for an Arsenal and the Polish Beryls are very well made guns.

I removed the Beryl pistol rear trunion and added a side folder trunion and triangle stock - it wasn't that hard except the hand filing to get the latch cuts in the receiver.  The wood was a project.  I literally converted a real Russian 74 forend set to fit the Polish Krink sanded it and carved by hand (made a few til I got it more correct looking) and then used garnet shellac - The Polish Krink gas block is a little different than the Russian.  Close enough for a fun copy.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My mags arrived

Note: the Green 5.56 mags are OD Green and NOT the baby poop like green color that the 5.45 and 7.62 mags are

So far so good, very happy and hopefully get to use them soon
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
My mags arrived

Note: the Green 5.56 mags are OD Green and NOT the baby poop like green color that the 5.45 and 7.62 mags are

View Quote

Got a pic? Going to be ordering some of these soon.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By VegasSaint:

Got a pic? Going to be ordering some of these soon.

Thanks.
View Quote

I do at AKFiles but I don’t have a URL

They are solid mags, if they cycle well, then I’ll consider them go to mags, just need to test fire them
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:04:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarlosC] [#7]

Where did you go? Is GMW located somewhere near Irving? Do they have a brick-and-mortar store?

That's all I need...another gun-related store near my office in Irving.

I've got a thirsty 5.56 AK that could use some less expensive mags that work. The Wieger mags are expensive, but are the only things that work reliably. I did grind a bit on an ACUnity mag and it works fine, but I don't want to have to modify mags to work.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:

Where did you go? Is GMW located somewhere near Irving? Do they have a brick-and-mortar store?

That's all I need...another gun-related store near my office in Irving.

I've got a thirsty 5.56 AK that could use some less expensive mags that work. The Wieger mags are expensive, but are the only things that work reliably. I did grind a bit on an ACUnity mag and it works fine, but I don't want to have to modify mags to work.
https://i.imgur.com/Qyu6LQe.jpg
View Quote

They’re pretty close to the intersection of Valley View Ln and Rental Car Dr at the SE corner of the airport.  Driven past but haven’t been in myself yet, used to live close but now I’m east of McKinney.

Grabagun.com has their retail location off Bethel in Coppell too, which isn’t that much further
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
My mags arrived

View Quote

I am heading to the range this AM to test the magazines. I will say that these “OD green” magazines are lighter in color than the OD Green cerakote on my Rifle Dynamics SAM-5. I will post pics from the range.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#10]
My mags are out for delivery.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:
My mags are out for delivery.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

Same.
View Quote

really curious to get other peoples reports and opinions on these... my order of 10 more came in on monday. put those into the stash...
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

Same.
View Quote

Should get mine today
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themao] [#14]
OK. Zero issues shooting M193 (Igman and IMI) through four magazines. I also put 20 rounds of an old box of Silver State Armory 5.56 77 grain SMKs. Zero issues. The rifle is an Arsenal SAM-5 pimped up by Rifle Dynamics. Sandman K suppressor.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I won’t get to play again for 5 weeks due to work . It’s hard enough for me to get to an indoor range let alone an outdoor one these days.

Regardless, GunMagWhore Warehouse hit a home run with these magazines. They run just as well as their polymer “commercial” spec 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 magazines. No rattle in the magazines either when they are fully loaded (unlike the five 5.45x39 Bulgarian magazines I own; the 5.45x39 Circle 10 mags also rattle a little…I bought mine 15+ years ago though). I will definitely purchase some more of these 5.56 Bulgarian magazines. They appear to be GTG.

Edited to add pic and to comment: Note that their “OD green” does not match the darker more true “OD Green” of my rifle. It looks more like the lighter colored greens on the earlier Geissele rifles honestly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Visual comparison to the PSA 5.56 magazines (PSA is the black mag)

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ5326X2] [#16]
Attachment Attached File

Fit like a glove in the Saiga and WBP Mini Jack.

ETA: Already been out twice this week, so I won't get a chance to make brass with these until next week.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
My mags are flawless and feed perfectly in my PSA 101 and zpap85 SBR. I will be buying MANY more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

I got tired of waiting for a 74U clone from PSA, and Didn't want to spend >$2K for an Arsenal and the Polish Beryls are very well made guns.

I removed the Beryl pistol rear trunion and added a side folder trunion and triangle stock - it wasn't that hard except the hand filing to get the latch cuts in the receiver.  The wood was a project.  I literally converted a real Russian 74 forend set to fit the Polish Krink sanded it and carved by hand (made a few til I got it more correct looking) and then used garnet shellac - The Polish Krink gas block is a little different than the Russian.  Close enough for a fun copy.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_4307.jpg
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_4308.jpg
View Quote

I had a similar idea since the Minis were the closest available import to an AKS74u  but it failed my cost-benefits analysis. The handguards and rear block setup were just too different. How were you able to coalesce the Krink top cover with the MiniBeryl rear sight block?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered 3 more. Looks like decent mags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Tango:
I ordered 3 more. Looks like decent mags.
View Quote

I have many more in OD Green coming

The 5.56 Green mags are in fact a lighter OD green and not the same baby poop green that they sold in the past

In fact the 7.62x39 mags also come in OD green on GMW’s sight as well
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:39:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#21]
My brown mags I ordered would not lock into my PSA 101.

I filed one a bit on the front locking lug and got it in but it takes some effort. I might experiment with one a bit tonight and see if I can get it to smoothly lock.

Worse case I toss the unused ones in the back of the mag pile for another ak one day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JamesJones:

I filed one a bit on the front locking lug and got it in but it takes some effort. I might experiment with one a bit tonight and see if I can get it to smoothly lock.

Worse case I toss the unused ones in the back of the mag pile for another ak one day.
View Quote

Strange. Mine fit and feed no issues. They were a little tight at first but after a few in and outs they work smooth.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Strange. Mine fit and feed no issues. They were a little tight at first but after a few in and outs they work smooth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamesJones:

I’m going to play with one but I had the same issue with one of my 762 AKs and the Bulgarian mags. I’d like to shoot with it a few times before I file all of them.

My circle 10, wbp, psa, and unity all lock perfect.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#24]
These have been the best fitting magazines I’ve used for the WBP Jack, better than the PSAs, AC Unity, and WBP factory mags. Will update Saturday as to feeding/function, but if they do function flawlessly I might get rid of all my other mags in favor of these. Just a big fan of the construction and ascetics, which remind me of the brown and firebrick red ak74 surplus magazines of old.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:09:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3] [#25]
Originally Posted By French1966:
These have been the best fitting magazines I've used for the WBP Jack, better than the PSAs, AC Unity, and WBP factory mags. Will update Saturday as to feeding/function, but if they do function flawlessly I might get rid of all my other mags in favor of these. Just a big fan of the construction and ascetics, which remind me of the brown and firebrick red ak74 surplus magazines of old.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/IMG_0050_jpeg-3130793.JPG
View Quote

Not in this forum please, dryflash3, a friend of mine had a 10 MOA WBP 5.56 and it's being replaced but it has me concerned on these, seems there's
No issues with the latest batch and your picture makes me
want one BAD
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered one to try in my M85...took just a little bit of filing on the rear lug to get it to seat perfectly.

Hand cycles fine, hopefully I can get to the range this weekend to check live-fire function.

{pic makes it look lighter in color}
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kwb377:
I ordered one to try in my M85...took just a little bit of filing on the rear lug to get it to seat perfectly.

Hand cycles fine, hopefully I can get to the range this weekend to check live-fire function.

{pic makes it look lighter in color}
https://a4.pbase.com/g13/07/240307/2/174351345.c8d97d03.JPEG
View Quote

Gorgeous!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine just came in and I opened one.

Locks in fine to a PSA AK102 and WBP Jack 556, bit tight on the Jack.  I can't get it into the Mini Beryl though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Mine fed 100% out of my M90 and Mini Beryl, 30 rounds through 3 mags of each color, total 90, so far so good!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:20:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#30]
100% with 2 black and 2 brown out of the Pioneers. 100% perfect

I'm buying MOARRRRRRRR.

Light file a few strokes on the back spine at the top rear radius just a tad to get em to lock in without bind on the lever. That is IT.

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered, and I don't even own a 5.56 AK.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:51:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CanvasBack] [#32]
Attachment Attached File

Ran a couple of them in one of my 106's today with zero malfunctions
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CanvasBack:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91637/20240219_144830_jpg-3134654.JPG

Ran a couple of then in one of my 106's today with zero malfunctions
View Quote

You didn’t have to come in here flexing on us with all that Surpat goodness. One of my favorite patterns.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#34]

You didn’t have to come in here flexing on us with all that Surpat goodness. One of my favorite patterns.
View Quote

Lol, it's pretty awesome. I wish I had more of it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:42:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MAKAK47] [#35]

View All Quotes

Good Sir, where can one get that sling in that pattern?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Good Sir, where can one get that sling in that pattern?
View Quote

I got that sling from parashooter gear probably 4 years or so ago. He just had a handful of them at the time. So I'm not sure if there is an easily available source for a sling just like that now. Kruschiki had some padded EMR slings here recently, I'm not sure if they plan on restocking them or not.

Sling
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Ran perfect in the converted Saiga and my M85.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

Did you ditch your PSA-101?
View Quote

Nah.  PSA squared it away and got it running.  I'm going to hang onto it until I sell it to fund something closer to an original 101.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#40]
The green is a nice option

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#41]
These check out fine in the Mini-Beryl (Polish) Pistol(SBR) loaded and fired both mags this week.  No problems.

Nice mags for the money - the Brown look great with wood furniture.

Might have to get some green ones too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
These check out fine in the Mini-Beryl (Polish) Pistol(SBR) loaded and fired both mags this week.  No problems.

Nice mags for the money - the Brown look great with wood furniture.

Might have to get some green ones too.
View Quote

I doubled down on greens and now I have a wood WBP coming and I need more brown mags too, darn it haha

Guys have some great looking set ups!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
The green is a nice option

https://i.postimg.cc/7LP7c5SG/IMG-20240222-163847107-2.jpg

View Quote

Why does yours look darker than mine?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:30:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aimatdeer] [#44]
Attachment Attached File
i bought two, Natasha likes them...
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Klay's full auto AK doesn't like these mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0T7_gJdrw
View Quote

Ha. We'll it's a Bulgarian magazine. Pioneer Arms is using a Polish pattern. Makes sense it likes Polish magazines. Then again, it is after all Pioneer Arms
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By themao:

Ha. We'll it's a Bulgarian magazine. Pioneer Arms is using a Polish pattern. Makes sense it likes Polish magazines. Then again, it is after all Pioneer Arms
View All Quotes

I thought it was poor that he called these Bulgarian mags “S***”, it makes them seem like they are not good mags, I have not had any issues so far with mine, anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Agree. I don’t get to the range until the end of this month. I’ll make sure I put another 150-200 rounds through them again. I had ZERO issues in my SAM-5.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#49]

I thought it was poor that he called these Bulgarian mags “S***”, it makes them seem like they are not good mags, I have not had any issues so far with mine, anyone else?
View All Quotes

Yeah that was some goofy shit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I took it as “they are shit in this rifle”, although I know he said otherwise. They are really great mags imo. I’ve got enough rounds through mine to be really confident in them, moreso than the factory WBP mags (using with my Jack 556)

Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top