Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 9:12:49 AM EDT
I have one of the SG WASR10 rifles coming and I intend to swap the furniture out immediately, I'm torn between some surplus Romanian "G" and Polish furniture. Obviously, the Romanian furniture would be more "correct", but I never cared for the vertical grip with a 7.62 rifle.

I suppose I could get used to it. Which would you guys use, maybe something else entirely?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I got some really nice Bulgarian sets from CDNN a while back for a very good price.  They took some time for fitting, but look great once installed.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I never cared for Romanian furniture either and I guess have always leaned toward a nice red/iodine AKM set of laminate. If you are not trying to stay true to it being a Romanian military clone I would say get whatever looks nice

eta: Except US made Russian Red. Please, for the love of all that is traditional, don't get Russian Red
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of the dongs and never enjoy shooting with it.

I would get the Polish set.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a new production set from Poland. It keeps the traditional look/feel, but isn't old shitty surplus.

The set is really nice. DO IT. Came from WBP factory I believe.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The forward-curved md. 63 grip sucks, hard. My Romanian underfolder has the md. 65 rearward-curved grip and that is pretty damn nice when using a grip similar to what you would use with a MagPul angled grip. In your case, go with the Polish furniture.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a new production set from Poland. It keeps the traditional look/feel, but isn't old shitty surplus.

The set is really nice. DO IT. Came from WBP factory I believe.
View Quote
+1.

I also have a Polish set (minus grip) that I'm installing on my new WASR. Far nicer and better feel.  Going with a Magpul AK grip though since its superior to the traditional grip IMO.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Get the Polish.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I have used the Romy G handguard in the past, and it's great if you have a folding stock.  You still feel like you have decent control even with the stock folded.  But with a fixed stock, it's not really needed, IMO.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top