Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
was about to buy a wasr10, just want a fun blasting gun for 250yd and in, probably not gonna customize either one extensively if at all.

just looking for something that will eat nasty dirty cheap ammo.

so is the wasr10 at around $650 still worth it or should i drop the extra $200 that would have been spent on ammo for the arsenal?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Arsenal! its got dimples!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arsenal! its got dimples!
View Quote
Gaining dimples and losing the 45 degree gas block. An aesthetically correct imported AKM is apparently just too much to ask.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Everyone on the forum will tell you the Arsenal is better.  However if you don't want to spend the extra $200 then don't.  The WASR will go bang every time, and none, zero of your friends will know the difference.  That being said I think its a wash, they both will hold there purchasing price point or go up.  They both will be boring reliable, they both will shoot the same size groups, they both will accept the same furniture if you want to swap things out.  If your new to AK's I say go with the WASR on your first purchase and drop the extra $200 on ammo and mags.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everyone on the forum will tell you the Arsenal is better.  However if you don't want to spend the extra $200 then don't.  The WASR will go bang every time, and none, zero of your friends will know the difference.  That being said I think its a wash, they both will hold there purchasing price point or go up.  They both will be boring reliable, they both will shoot the same size groups, they both will accept the same furniture if you want to swap things out.  If your new to AK's I say go with the WASR on your first purchase and drop the extra $200 on ammo and mags.  Just my .02.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
$200 buys a lot of Golden Tiger. You know what to do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
WASR is the better rifle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
So wasr is supposed to be better than Arsenal? since when? Maybe I have been absent from buying for to long. I never thought I would hear that comment ever for a Century ak to be better than any arsenal gun. I have a ban era wasr10, I have a romy g build, and I have a Arsenal sam7s. All of mine are ok and go bang, but my arsenal is much nicer and easier to shoot more accurate. Just my opinion buy what you like hold them both and decide yourself. Both will likely out last us. Accuracy is different from one gun to another same with what ammo is used so that may be a wash as well. Hold both look at both and decide. They both will as said already hold value these days and both should go bang. These threads will be a pissing match more than helpful. In the end you can decide by holding them and be happy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be the first to admit, my 2013 WASR was rough around the edges compared to my Draco pistol. But no complaints, it's straight, and a good shooter. Only issue was the recoil spring felt kinda weak around the 5k mark so I dropped a Wolff spring. Since then they've gotten quite a bit better. I do like the lighter G2 trigger in my WASR over the Draco trigger.

I like Arsenal's stuff, but for their asking price I like VEPRs better...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
if you're wanting a fixed stock, go with the Wasr. if you want a military grade folder and don't want to install it yourself, then I'd go with Arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
ill probably end up with the wasr and ammo for it, i dont need anything fancy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
if you're wanting a fixed stock, go with the Wasr. if you want a military grade folder and don't want to install it yourself, then I'd go with Arsenal.
View Quote
The SLR107-11 is a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Enough of the bullshit talk, the Mighty WASR for the win!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#13]
What does WASR? stand for? Anyone have any idea I am curious. I had never thought about it before until now. Does it stand for it WAS Romanian? LoL
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The SLR107-11 is a fixed stock.
View Quote
I know that, I guess I should've added that in my reply. the only reason I see to go with an Arsenal rifle in general, is if you want a military grade folding stock. the fixed stock 107 doesn't offer anything over the Wasr IMO.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What does WASR? stand for? Anyone have any idea I am curious. I had never thought about it before until now. Does it stand for it WAS Romanian? LoL
View Quote
Wassenaar Arrangement Semi-automatic Rifles
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Really huh not as exciting as I was hoping thanks for the info though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#17]
The WASR will ring steel at a high rate of fire (accurately and repeatedly) on numerous targets (changing targets each shot) and do so very well (with open sights) at ranges inside (and up to) 100 yds.

I cannot vouch for 250yd shots.  Have never stretched one out that far.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:58:40 AM EDT
[#18]
As an Arsenal and WASR owner....

I say go Arsenal!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:10:05 AM EDT
[#19]
The Bulgarian is "nicer", but the Romanian is boiled owl tough and is hard to beat for the value...

I have a SAR-1 (predecessor of the WASR) and it has been a great shooter from Day 1
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Enough of the bullshit talk, the Mighty WASR for the win!
View Quote
QFRS (Quoted For Rob SKi)

I own an SLR107FR and I just got a brand new WASR 10. While I don't have the new SLR107R(11) to compare to the WASR, I can tell you that Arsenal makes nice AKMs. I love the AK100 series funiture on my SLR107FR enough for me to want to leave the rifle stock. My new WASR is nice. While I'm not a fan of the furniture on the WASR, it was my plan to upgrade the furniture anyways. The money I saved on getting the WASR will be going to purchase Magpul Zhukov furniture.

It's a tough decision, but both rifles will serve you well. If you don't plan on changing furniture, get the Arsenal since the furniture is nicer. If you plan on changing the furniture, get the WASR.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I've owned a few arsenals and all have been top notch. I bought a "new wasr" that everyone raved about and it wouldn't make it through a mag without jamming. It promptly went back! I wouldn't buy a wasr for $200 total muchless 200 less then a arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck finding a new arsenal, they are scarce as hens teeth.     Seems arsenal really stepped on their dicks on that deal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think so.

And I'm an Arsenal and WASR owner.

Several significant issues with my Arsenal and none with my WASR.

The general rules with every AK are there is no mil-spec for them so there will be differences from one to another in the receiver area, so if you can check each one out personally.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've owned a few arsenals and all have been top notch. I bought a "new wasr" that everyone raved about and it wouldn't make it through a mag without jamming. It promptly went back! I wouldn't buy a wasr for $200 total muchless 200 less then a arsenal.
View Quote
Thank you!!!

I had to double check and make sure I hadn't posted this comment. My experience with the new WASR too. I look forward to it taking it's place at the bottom of the heap when the hype dies back down.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#26]
well, if i can find one of the arsenals in stock ill get one of them first.

ill probably end up with a wasr as well later on down the road, i do like everyones feedback on products that are known to be sketchy but i also like to find out in person for myself.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top