Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 8:19:51 PM EDT
The vent holes on the gas block seem like they could cause serious harm to your hand if you gripped it?

Anyone done the hotdog test or slow mo of that area etc?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not that much gas and the pressure drops very fast when it comes out.  Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Wrap paper around the holes and observe.  Report back.

Cheers,

Jack
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ITPdXzQqg

Slow motion AK with and without a gas tube.  With the tube on, you can't even see any gas coming out.  Without the tube, little puff of gas.  My farts are more powerful.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ITPdXzQqg

Slow motion AK with and without a gas tube.  With the tube on, you can't even see any gas coming out.  Without the tube, little puff of gas.  My farts are more powerful.
View Quote
Lol that's awesome

Man, mikhial really did think of everything lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be way more concerned with how hot the gas block gets. It will burn the hell out of you if you grip it after doing some shooting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would be way more concerned with how hot the gas block gets. It will burn the hell out of you if you grip it after doing some shooting.
View Quote
This is one of my gripes, I can hold far enough back not to get on the block itself, but every now and then during more rapid fire my thumb will ease up on that gas tube, much cussing ensues.

Be a lot better if the upper handguard extended all the way to the end of the tube like that Vepr tube that BHA made.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Magpul Zhukov hand guard is awesome to prevent that issue too.  Plus it gives you all kinds to M-LOK slots to mount stuff.  The only casualty is the hand guard retainer that you have to cut off to use it.  I wish they would make some way to fit it without cutting that off.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top