Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 12:04:18 PM EDT
I heard a rumor that Fuller sold Rifle Dynamics? Is this true and can anyone verify that?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did this rumor come from?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did this rumor come from?
View Quote

Read it on another AK forum from a reputable member. He has since deleted that post.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No.. Jim did not sell... he literally just re released his t shirts. No mention of him selling.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea it's true........about time, what he charged for the product he gave was crazy.

Bye Bye JF
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No.. Jim did not sell... he literally just re released his t shirts. No mention of him selling.
View Quote

Sharp Bros are no longer affiliated with Fuller. There was a fallout of some kind. I'm sure it will all come out soon.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sharp Bros are no longer affiliated with Fuller. There was a fallout of some kind. I'm sure it will all come out soon.
View Quote

Where and when was this announced?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw that someone else was selling the Sharps receivers, but I didn't read anything about a falling out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know Jim and have no dog in this fight...what I do know is that a shitload of gun/parts companies are going to go the way of the dodo bird over the next several years.

I am VERY glad DJT won the Presidency...but elections have consequences, so they say...
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like it's true. They just posted a video on their Facebook page confirming it. Jim said that he's still going to be building, just not handling the business end of stuff. With the new resources they hope to have their rifles available for distribution as opposed to just being built to order.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#10]
He just released a video.. telling his customers that he is in fact selling the company... You were right OP
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#11]
This has nothing to do with trump winning the presidency.

Some people will make it in business and others will fail.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Some people will make it in business and others will fail.
View Quote
Yep. Can only sell so many over priced AKs till your not the flavor of the month anymore
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#13]
He was a good AK builder. But not worth the amount he charged.

Sorry, but building AKs isn't a secret art. There is a ton of documentation. Anybody can rent the equipment and turn out AKs from parts kits. If they care enough to look at all the guides out there. Jim Fuller kind of strikes me as one of those "don't you know who I am!?!?", arrogant aholes.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Nevermind. What do I know.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I cannot say anything other than I hope it hurts him....
Was going to order the girlfriend a hoodie, thats on sale for $22.00, shipping is $18.98!!!!!
What a f-ing scam....hope his hole is sore!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:48:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Was going to order the girlfriend a hoodie, thats on sale for $22.00, shipping is $18.98!!!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw that someone else was selling the Sharps receivers, but I didn't read anything about a falling out.

The falling out has not be announced publicly. But it is from someone I trust that has an inside scoop on things at RD. The new owner that bought RD, wants to cut corners and Sharps Bros weren't happy with that so they pulled the milled receivers from RD and have given that to Meridian Defense Corp instead. More information will come out on all of this over time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:

Not sure if you are joking or not, but it 100% has to do with Trump being POTUS and not Hillary. The gun industry has thrived the last 8 years under a Obama reign with the threat of gun laws and outlawing certain types of weapons pushing the industry's sales numbers. Now, that threat is no longer there. +$1500 AKs were over priced then and are still over priced now. What happens when there is no demand? Either prices drop or the company goes out of business. Many a gun related company will be in hard times over the next few years. Many won't exist any more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess that dehorning an AK isn't the gold mine it once was.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoke with the man two days ago through message, they (Rifle Dynamics) were the ones who pulled out of the deal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Spoke with the man two days ago through message, they (Rifle Dynamics) were the ones who pulled out of the deal.
View Quote
That's not the way I heard it, rather it was Sharps Bros that pulled out. Regardless of who pulled out or if it was mutual, Sharps Bros is now in partnership with Meridian Defense Corp.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's a link to the facebook vid.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
You want to hurt him over a hoodie?
Technically, that is, well, not technical.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#24]
{That's not the way I heard it, rather it was Sharps Bros that pulled out. Regardless of who pulled out or if it was mutual, Sharps Bros is now in partnership with Meridian Defense Corp. }

Just going by what the man himself told me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He was a good AK builder. But not worth the amount he charged.

Sorry, but building AKs isn't a secret art. There is a ton of documentation. Anybody can rent the equipment and turn out AKs from parts kits. If they care enough to look at all the guides out there. Jim Fuller kind of strikes me as one of those "don't you know who I am!?!?", arrogant aholes.
View Quote
I agree. The are other builders out there that are just as capable as JF. I personally think JF/RD is only as well known as they are because of their appearance on Inbred-Sons of Guns. Plus, who really wants an overpriced AK kit with US made barrel?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top