Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 9:53:40 PM EDT
Ordered the Freedom barreled receiver kit by accident instead of the Premium that AK47OU said was good to go, wasn't paying attention. Barrels and receivers and everything else is the same, these are the differences:

Freedom AK47:
• milled billet front trunnion
• milled billet bolt
• cast steel carrier

Premium AK47:
• hammer forged front trunnion
• hammer forged bolt
• hammer forged carrier

Should I cancel the order or rock on?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
All I know is you better cancel immediately if you want to cancel because they don't allow you to cancel once the shipping label is printed and the shipping email notification sent. That is usually within 24 hour of ordering, even if they don't actually ship for a few days. That's their cancellation policy, and I am not complaining about it, just stating it.

You can always sell it on Armslist and then order the correct one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I have an e-mail ready to send requesting cancelation but wanted to see if anyone knew if the billet parts are ok. The carrier being cast is also concerning. I'll probably just send the request, too many doubts.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll be happier in the long run if you cancel and get what you wanted all along.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly I seriously doubtyou will ever notice a difference but you will always wish you canceled and gotten the one you originally wanted. If you can cancel it and get the one you want, if not don't worry since honestly I don't think you will notice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are wanting a kit that comes with a forged carrier you need to cancel ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I emailed PSA last night about canceling. They responded this morning when they opened and said it had already been processed for shipping so it has to go out.

However, I re-watched Rob's video and he actually tested the billet/cast version of this AK and gave thumbs up after 5k rounds. So, I'm going to rock it and see what happens.

The only reason I was concerned is because of the RAS47's cast carrier problems but the PSA one doesn't seem to have the same issues.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed PSA last night about canceling. They responded this morning when they opened and said it had already been processed for shipping so it has to go out.

However, I re-watched Rob's video and he actually tested the billet/cast version of this AK and gave thumbs up after 5k rounds. So, I'm going to rock it and see what happens.

The only reason I was concerned is because of the RAS47's cast carrier problems but the PSA one doesn't seem to have the same issues.
View Quote

check out PSA's industry forum regarding the PSA AK-47...I have the barreled receiver and purchased it prior to them admitting it was a cast carrier..
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

check out PSA's industry forum regarding the PSA AK-47...I have the barreled receiver and purchased it prior to them admitting it was a cast carrier..holy
View Quote

What does that mean, though?

As I said, AK47OU tested the billet/cast version and didn't have any of the issues that plague the RAS carrier.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I would cancel it simply out of principle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As I said, AK47OU tested the billet/cast version and didn't have any of the issues that plague the RAS carrier.
View Quote

If you go back and look at akou's videos where he talked to PSA at SHOT Show, they specifically said no cast parts. They then changed their tune after it was found out people were getting cast carriers and started the 3 tiered build kits.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Start at 2:16 or so

Palmetto State Armory, Shot Show 2017
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The C39v2 passed AKOU's tests which has a cast carrier and bolt.

But as said elsewhere, I would cancel out of principal. If they won't let you cancel, then demand to get billet components.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The videos explain some of our frustrations. Prior to this PSA hiccup, no where on their site did it mention a "freedom" gen 2 build, nor did it say anything about the bolt carrier being cast. That has all been changed now on their website after the majority of us received a cast carrier....I bought the receiver due to the statement made many times by PSA reps that there were NO CAST parts on the rifle...Like I said, that has all been changed now on their website once the error was brought up on multiple different forums.

edit: I should add that they have offered to replace my cast carrier with a forged one, and I have sent the cast carrier back...still waiting to shoot the gun I have had for going on 2+ weeks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, what a mess. Just went through that thread. When I was originally going to buy this receiver kit it didn't mention Freedom or anything about cast parts. It was constantly in and out of stock and I didn't have money for it until recently. So I pulled the trigger when I had funds and it was in stock, not noticing that they had changed the name or added more description to the parts.

The way they are handling this is really messed up, and editing people's posts in that thread, etc.

My reference to the AK47OU videos was an assumption that his had a cast carrier because he did have the billet trunnion. I don't think he mentions the bolt whether it is forged or billet, but again I assumed billet trunnion meant he had the billet bolt (and therefore cast carrier). Someone in the other thread posted a response from Joe at PSA stating that Rob used the billet/cast version in his 5k test. But now I don't know what to believe and I'm sorely disheartened with my purchase.

Even more frustrating is that PSA has a carrier listed for sale (out of stock currently) but does not say if it is forged or cast. I also see they have both billet and forged bolts available.

I guess my question at this point since I'm stuck with it is should I worry about the billet parts at all?

I'll probably try to order a forged carrier from them or request it if/when I have issues with the cast one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, what a mess. Just went through that thread. When I was originally going to buy this receiver kit it didn't mention Freedom or anything about cast parts. It was constantly in and out of stock and I didn't have money for it until recently. So I pulled the trigger when I had funds and it was in stock, not noticing that they had changed the name or added more description to the parts.

The way they are handling this is really messed up, and editing people's posts in that thread, etc.

My reference to the AK47OU videos was an assumption that his had a cast carrier because he did have the billet trunnion. I don't think he mentions the bolt whether it is forged or billet, but again I assumed billet trunnion meant he had the billet bolt (and therefore cast carrier). Someone in the other thread posted a response from Joe at PSA stating that Rob used the billet/cast version in his 5k test. But now I don't know what to believe and I'm sorely disheartened with my purchase.

Even more frustrating is that PSA has a carrier listed for sale (out of stock currently) but does not say if it is forged or cast. I also see they have both billet and forged bolts available.

I guess my question at this point since I'm stuck with it is should I worry about the billet parts at all?

I'll probably try to order a forged carrier from them or request it if/when I have issues with the cast one.
View Quote

I wouldn't worry about the billet parts. My ONLY issue with the receiver so far has been the cast carrier, which I was unaware of and they are taking care of that. I will say my barreled receivers finish looks amazing, rivets are nicely done. I have run into some issues with certain magazines fitting, they are extremely tight. Like I said, the only surprise I had was a cast carrier..
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wouldn't worry about the billet parts. My ONLY issue with the receiver so far has been the cast carrier, which I was unaware of and they are taking care of that. I will say my barreled receivers finish looks amazing, rivets are nicely done. I have run into some issues with certain magazines fitting, they are extremely tight. Like I said, the only surprise I had was a cast carrier..
View Quote

Same here. My complete rifle looks fantastic. I have sent the carrier back so hopefully when I get a forged one I will get to shoot my rifle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

PSA isn't just editing posts, they deleted my post last night when I called them out on their "good faith" bullshit.

And they claim that RobSki tested a rifle with a cast carrier, but it most certainly looks forged, not cast. PSA has dodged direct questions about that and other things like the plague. Check out the threads at akfiles, PSA was posting there more than here. PSA is a shit show.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I just got a PSAk47 not too long ago. So far with about 800 rounds down the tube no problems. I did change the trigger out to a G2 which is far better than the original IMO. Some time in May we will attend a semiannual pig roast where a lot of shooting goes on. In the past events my Romy (a real great beater) has gone through a thousand rounds in one day. I intend to use this PSA AK this year.
It's not a 10,000 round endurance test but if it doesn't screw up in a thousand rounds in a half a day, it should be good to go for anything you want to do with one.
The PSAK is a bit short for my 6'4" frame so I put on a removable butt pad that gives it a 1" etension. Makes it more comfortable to shoot.
FWIW, I put a cheap optics mount on with a TRS25. (Hey, it's a fun gun, not a business tool) My FIL had to shoot it when he saw me busting a plastic soda bottle at 60 yards with every shot.
With Golden Tiger ammo , this PSAK is on a par with my Polytech Legend and Galil as far as accuracy at informal shooting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:44:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
PSA isn't just editing posts, they deleted my post last night when I called them out on their "good faith" bullshit.
And they claim that RobSki tested a rifle with a cast carrier, but it most certainly looks forged, not cast. PSA has dodged direct questions about that and other things like the plague. Check out the threads at akfiles, PSA was posting there more than here. PSA is a shit show.
View Quote

PSA deleted a bunch of my posts, locked my thread I had started and finally locked me out of the PSA forum all together.
I think this type of behavior, along with the constant lies, will end up being the beginning of the end.  Ironic how this month we lost OLY Arms...they started down the long road to closing the doors when they started doing this very thing.
It really sux too. I have been buying PSA stuff for years.  But I am a stubborn sun of a bitch and I will NEVER buy PSA again.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top