Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 9:19:53 PM EDT
Hello and thanks for reading.  I am a somtimes lurker, not-on-here-much-kida-guy.  That said I DID do some looking before posting this  question....so to Palmetto State or to any of you fine owners out there, what is the gun itself finished with?  Bluing, Parkerizing, magic pixie dust...what?  I mean seriously, the receiver and the bolt carrier and the like, how are they finished? I am terribly curious, and working furiously to get one!

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The barreled receiver and integral components appear to be completely nitride treated. Gas piston is also nitrided vs. chrome or stainless.

Varying reports of other components - e.g. safety selector and carrier, being parkerized.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a good review of one on youtube by Mel64D.

My advice: save up a little more and get a WASR.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Dust cover on mine is blued, everything else exterior including safety and gas tube seems to be Melonite.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dust cover on mine is blued, everything else exterior including safety and gas tube seems to be Melonite.
View Quote

For real?  That's really weird.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so too but I bought it as a blem and to be used as a beater so appearance doesn't matter to me.
Cleaning it, lightly wiping it down with an oily rag really makes the difference in finish stand out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:35:18 AM EDT
[#7]
PSA still has not worked out all the bugs with their AK and are really doing a number on those that are unhappy with the missing/wrong parts being shipped, Cast bolt carrier, and piss poor customer service.

PSA has been caught in outright lies multiple times.  Buyer beware
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top