Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2016 1:34:05 PM EDT
Mods, please let me know if this isn't the right forum for this.  I'm just trying to get the word out.

This may be old news to many here, sorry for the repetition if that's the case.  This post is mainly for those who search up his name or company in an attempt to see if he's legit or not.

Long story short, he was advertising a 9mm AK build, delivered a few to members on another AK forum, then flaked on a whole bunch of people- myself included.  I gave him every opportunity to make it right, but now it's been 13 months that he's had my $1250 and 4 months since I've heard a single word from him, so I'm making good on my promise to put his name on blast for everyone to know.

Here's the thread with the other folks who got screwed by him, page 8-9 is where everything starts going bad.  http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3566046&highlight=Volk#post3566046

Keywords:  Curtis Morris, Volk Armament
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I always wonder if people die or are layed ul in a coma when they do this sort of thing. Hooefully someone can find him and see whats up and help you guys out with some info.

Seems like his facebook page has not been updsted in awhile also.

https://m.facebook.com/volkarmament/

His personal facbook page
https://m.facebook.com/curtis.morris.14?ref=content_filter

Physical address if anyone know someone around there maybe they could stop in and see whats up.

Mailing Address
Volk Armament Llc
136 LOOP LN
GILLHAM AR, 71841
P: +1 (870) 784-1956

Looks like he live here for 2 years so there may be someone who knows him by this address that can reach out to him.

20 Park, Broken Bow, OK 74728

Email:  [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got burned for $1200 from him for a build 18 months ago.  Very communicative right up till he got the money, then excuse after excuse.  After 8 months I asked for a refund and he promised it would go out in the mail tomorrow, next week, etc, etc.   He finally stopped responding.  Never did get my money back.

I am sure there are others who got burned by him too, and I tried to bundle them up so we could let the local LEO in his area know, but no one ever wanted to go forward, and for the $1200 it isn't worth the cost of doing legal action alone.

If anyone want to go after this turd with me, let me know.  This is the only time I have ever gotten burned in a gun deal.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

That's exactly why an unending stream of scammers exist in this industry.  Guys will allow themselves to get taken for hundreds or even thousands of dollars, and just complain and/or shrug their shoulders over it.  I remain surprised that people - and gun owners nonetheless - allow themselves to be such patsies, and often won't lift a finger in any attempt to get their money back.

I got ripped off once in a similar manner, and subsequently contacted both local law enforcement and the state's attorney general.  I politely made it clear I wasn't going away until they did something.  And most important...I actually meant it.  (Most peoples' threats are hollow, and both scammers and the authorities know this.)  After bothering the AG enough a case was opened, and the scammer was eventually put out of business.  With a fresh court order to make restitution.

Sven, if you want some suggestions for how to proceed, drop me a PM.  I'd be happy to go over some very effective and lawful ways to get Mr. Morris' undivided attention.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's exactly why an unending stream of scammers exist in this industry.  Guys will allow themselves to get taken for hundreds or even thousands of dollars, and just complain and/or shrug their shoulders over it.  I remain surprised that people - and gun owners nonetheless - allow themselves to be such patsies, and often won't lift a finger in any attempt to get their money back.

I got ripped off once in a similar manner, and subsequently contacted both local law enforcement and the state's attorney general.  I politely made it clear I wasn't going away until they did something.  And most important...I actually meant it.  (Most peoples' threats are hollow, and both scammers and the authorities know this.)  After bothering the AG enough a case was opened, and the scammer was eventually put out of business.  With a fresh court order to make restitution.

Sven, if you want some suggestions for how to proceed, drop me a PM.  I'd be happy to go over some very effective and lawful ways to get Mr. Morris' undivided attention.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got burned for $1200 from him for a build 18 months ago.  Very communicative right up till he got the money, then excuse after excuse.  After 8 months I asked for a refund and he promised it would go out in the mail tomorrow, next week, etc, etc.   He finally stopped responding.  Never did get my money back.

I am sure there are others who got burned by him too, and I tried to bundle them up so we could let the local LEO in his area know, but no one ever wanted to go forward, and for the $1200 it isn't worth the cost of doing legal action alone.

If anyone want to go after this turd with me, let me know.  This is the only time I have ever gotten burned in a gun deal.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Your PM box is full, StephenNW.  Sending you an email instead. I'm very interested in your input on how to get his attention and some satisfaction.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like Chet durda at Lancaster arms. I called the attorney general and the bbb it took awhile but it worked. Atf actually contacted me after awhile
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Thanks for sharing your story.  I have never been taken for money in a gun deal and hope I never do.  Twice when I have been the seller and the buyer's money cleared, I then took time off to get their purchased shipped.  I always wondered how I would pursue a scammer so again, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

I love that there is people out there just like me. I can't stand it when my wife or friends tell me to just shrug something off. I told myself a long time ago that I wasn't going to let anyone abuse me. My time. My money. My family. Anything. Mistakes happen. Accidents happen. No problem. But shit like this?  Douchebags?  Nope. No way.

I feel bad for you guys. Whatever you do don't let it slide. Find him and demand he do what's right. If he doesn't listen there are plenty of legal ways to make him listen.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing your story.  I have never been taken for money in a gun deal and hope I never do.  Twice when I have been the seller and the buyer's money cleared, I then took time off to get their purchased shipped.  I always wondered how I would pursue a scammer so again, thanks for the info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

One interesting way I read of getting someone's attention is with friends and cameras. You tell the guy that starting immediately he will be followed and photographed much like a PI would do. And you do the same thing for every member of his family. Maybe even other professionals he does business with or even his dentist or doctor. You'd be surprised how much pressure they will put on him because they don't want their indiscretions shown to their wife/authorities/general public.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Over the last 15 years of being in online gun communities, I can't even count how many times there have been folks who start out with good intentions and (through over commitment and poor business skills) end up getting behind and ultimately flaking.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Sven, I don't know what cyber black hole my messages are falling into, but I've emailed you several times to offer to get involved in whatever efforts you want to make to collectively get Curtis' ass moving on making things right.  Just drop me a line and let me know how I can help.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Too bad you can't get those individuals taken advantage of to file a complaint with the local LEO in scammer's area. Similar sounding issue with a well known 22 caliber conversion maker, local sheriff involvement led to ATF involvement. Customers ended up getting full refunds. I think the number of complaints to the one LEO office/ one detective may have helped. Good luck
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Good luck guys. Hope you can nail him and get your refunds

Z
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good luck guys. Hope you can nail him and get your refunds

Z
View Quote

+1 I almost jumped in on this too but after exchanging some emails with the guy way back he couldn't offer me a clear delivery date or even a window. I'm glad now I back away.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sven, I don't know what cyber black hole my messages are falling into, but I've emailed you several times to offer to get involved in whatever efforts you want to make to collectively get Curtis' ass moving on making things right.  Just drop me a line and let me know how I can help.
View Quote

Psychsurf and Sven, I just sent you both a long email reply with suggestions for dealing with Mr. Morris.  

Sorry for the delay.  I've been in the hospital (not for myself, thankfully) most of the past week, and until today didn't have time to sit down and write the detailed response I just sent.  Let me know if you have any questions about what I wrote.

And Psychsurf, sorry about the PM bugaboo.  My Arfcom PM box is over-capacity by 812%.  I guess that happens when you let your Team Membership lapse.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top