Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2016 12:36:01 PM EDT
Wanted an AK for years, have an AR, been thinking buying a couple lowers from Palmetto to stick back and get uppers for later. But, would love an AK, WASR would be fine, would really like one of Atlantics Polish rifles. Concerned AKs are going to get harder to get. And that prices are going to get goofy on AR and AK stuff. What say you?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the AK now and save the ARs for later. Quality AKs of the moment are typically not around all that many years, especially these days, so if you know you want something with a good reputation now is probably the best time. You never know what will be available down the road in the AK market. That being said there is usually something of good quality at any given period but they are also becoming less and less combloc as time goes on due to the nature of dried up parts kits, barrel bans etc.

Z
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Im saving money up to buy a another ak either a Mak90 or a WASR. I have 9 lowers waiting to be build on the ar side.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, Id have to save for the WASR, the AR pieces I could pick up here and there at a few hundred dollars at a time, but then that takes away from the AK. Been thinking of lay away on a WASR at Atlantic.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I value ARs over AKs.  Being a 2 is 1 and 1 is none type of guy, I could not be satisfied with a single AR.  I would pick up a second AR before moving on to something else.
If I had that second AR, I would definitely consider the WASR as my next purchase.

My opinion only on the matter.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Considering WASR's are imported and AR's are produced domestically, I'd say move on the WASR now while they're plentiful and available.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top