Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2016 10:32:20 AM EDT
Does anyone have a lead on a  Yugo underfolder stock and hardware? I have been looking for a couple weeks and am coming up empty handed.  I know they used to be around but recently I am having a heck of a time finding one. I am trying to get the parts together for my M92 that I am wanting to do an under folder conversion to.

ETA: Found the stock now to find a smith. I am leaning towards M13 industries out of Las Vegas. I was quoted $250 to pen and welled a fake can and install the underfolder. Does this sound like a decent price for the work that is going to be done?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:39:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Your options are: buy an AB2 kit (use the stock, trunnion, and selector) and sell off the rest or keep a very close eye on the forum marketplaces here, akfiles and theakforum. They usually don't go cheap. I think they are available on gunbroker but the last time I looked they were going for $200, maybe a little less.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your options are: buy an AB2 kit (use the stock, trunnion, and selector) and sell off the rest or keep a very close eye on the forum marketplaces here, akfiles and theakforum. They usually don't go cheap. I think they are available on gunbroker but the last time I looked they were going for $200, maybe a little less.
View Quote

I sold one with trunnion for about that price a few months back.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well damn I don't think I will go that route. What are some other good options? I have what I think is a chinese underfolder should that work?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the Polish folders have a similar angle of lockup to Yugo folders (i.e. pretty much straight in-line with bore), and they also lock on two tangs similar to Yugo folders.

You may be able to make it work, especially since the M92 uses a standard 1mm receiver, the trunnion width will be correct. Rivet pattern? Not sure, but they look the same to me.

APEX has VG and G Polish UF sets right now - looks like only the VG set includes trunnion and the hardware pins.
http://www.apexgunparts.com/ak-all-models-and-calibers/polish-ak47/polish-akms-underfolder-stock-kit-w-trunnion-vg-5609.html
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well damn I don't think I will go that route. What are some other good options? I have what I think is a chinese underfolder should that work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally would not use a Chinese folder. You should be able to use any former Soviet Bloc underfolding stock you want but the rear trunnion must be milled to fit that stock, otherwise it will not lock up correctly. I'm not sure if a Chinese folder would fit or not, even if the trunnion was milled for it.

Your best bet is to get a Polish 3/6 (3 on each stock arm, 6 in total) rivet stock, pull your M92 rear trunnion and have it milled for a polish stock and then reinstall it. Since you considered a Chinese stock I'm guessing you don't care about authenticity. The Polish stock will look about right but it will be missing one rivet in the stock arms as Yugo have a 4/8 rivet pattern. I considered doing my M92 this way but I'm going to hold out longer for a Yugo stock.

You must have the virgin rear trunnion in the M92 milled, you can't take it out and drop in a Polish trunnion due to the slant at the rear of the M92 receiver.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I personally would not use a Chinese folder. You should be able to use any former Soviet Bloc underfolding stock you want but the rear trunnion must be milled to fit that stock, otherwise it will not lock up correctly. I'm not sure if a Chinese folder would fit or not, even if the trunnion was milled for it.

Your best bet is to get a Polish 3/6 (3 on each stock arm, 6 in total) rivet stock, pull your M92 rear trunnion and have it milled for a polish stock and then reinstall it. Since you considered a Chinese stock I'm guessing you don't care about authenticity. The Polish stock will look about right but it will be missing one rivet in the stock arms as Yugo have a 4/8 rivet pattern. I considered doing my M92 this way but I'm going to hold out longer for a Yugo stock.

You must have the virgin rear trunnion in the M92 milled, you can't take it out and drop in a Polish trunnion due to the slant at the rear of the M92 receiver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is starting to sound like more then I want tackle on my own. Who does good work that does not have a super long backlog? I will most likely just wait and find the correct yugo underfolder since they have slant cut receivers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is starting to sound like more then I want tackle on my own. Who does good work that does not have a super long backlog? I will most likely just wait and find the correct yugo underfolder since they have slant cut receivers.
View Quote

I have no idea about good builders and backlogs. If you want to use a Yugo M70AB2 trunnion you will have to use shims between the trunnion and receiver as the M92 PAP has a 1mm receiver and the M70's have a 1.5mm receiver.

I would imagine any reputable builder could install any underfolder on it that you want.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Ended up finding one for $100 that was out of one of the M92 kits that came in a few years ago.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top