User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Another great gunplumber post that speaks volumes.  This puts FinishGate in perspective but doesn't make apologies for it.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3241651&postcount=893
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the money, I think the N-Pap DF is the best buy.  It is a classic East European made under-folder made by Zastava.  I have both.  I was very impressed with the quality of my N-Pap.  I was expecting the Arsenal to be high quality and it is.  But for the money, my favorite is the Zastava N-Pap.
View Quote

I also have the N-Pap and an Arsenal.  I love both but that N-Pap is just too damn heavy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It looks like a chemical did that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is definitely something wrong with that rifle.  It's not the norm.  Go to AKfiles for GunPlumbers explanation.  I've done multiple mag dumps in a row and put over 3000 rds through mine and the paint never did anything like that.  Barrel has been hot enough that once when I leaned it on the bumper of my Jeep, it slid over and the barrel and gas block melted into the plastic endcaps.  Did not notice until it had cooled.  When I yanked it off the plastic there was some plastic stuck to the barrel.  Heated the barrel up with another mag dump and scraped the melted plastic off with no damage to the paint.  Still looks great ever a year later.

Yep, as mentioned before when I posted his pictures... something isn't right on his particular rifle.
I've shot plenty of magdumps that were more than 90rds, likely 90-150rds, and no problem with the finish on my SLR107 & SLR104

It looks like a chemical did that.

Of course a chemical did that. Did they mention it...........

Those guys are shady as fuck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Russians use the same crap, Saiga and Vepr.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can say that the finish they use is crap.  Mine never looked that bad but god forbid if you use anything other than clp on it....the paint will come right off.

The Russians use the same crap, Saiga and Vepr.

This ^^
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Strangely enough I bought an xm55 serial 107 that seems to be fine.I only have a few hundred rounds through it since I bought it last month,but it was definitely smoking yesterday with no bubbles yet.i think for high-end out of the box  Ak's in the 1k or less market arsenal is right at the top ,but ddi is nipping at their heels.I think in the next year we'll probably see ddi pass arsenal as far as quality control/price/availability.  Right now the only way to really assure you get a perfect ak aside from getting one built by RD/DA/Krebs/mod or the like is to check it before you buy it.I haven't seen one company with a mass produced item that is perfect 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
The original question, "Is Arsenal the best buy?" has gotten a new answer for me.  I love my Arsenals, but with the new shipments of the Veprs into the US, I would have to say that a Vepr properly converted is definitely the best buy and the way to go.  The workmanship is excellent.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top