Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:06:08 PM EDT
New Draco, and the action is not bad except in the middle where it appears to be a lot of friction from the bottom of the carrier rubbing on the hammer....which I believe is a Romanian FCG.   When manually cycling, the BCG will stick open as if I had a bolt catch.

I've had 1 instance where the bolt failed to fully go into battery in 80 total rounds, but I guess that could  have been the ammo or maybe the Mag.

Seems this issue is pretty common in AK's, and I've read where people polish the carrier and the hammer to correct, but will this typically  smooth out on its own with just shooting?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You can polish it,  but Euro AK trigger groups are a softer steel than the carrier/bolt,  and will wear in with use.

I don't know about current Draco imports,  but they did used to come with the Romanian FCG,  since 922r didn't apply. . It wouldn't hurt to verify - the current Century RAK FCG will have a C stamped on it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can polish it,  but Euro AK trigger groups are a softer steel than the carrier/bolt,  and will wear in with use.

I don't know about current Draco imports,  but they did used to come with the Romanian FCG,  since 922r didn't apply. . It wouldn't hurt to verify - the current Century RAK FCG will have a C stamped on it.
View Quote

Pretty sure it is a Romanian FCG. No Tapco or C anywhere near the trigger or hammer, so I'm hoping as you say that it will smooth out with some rounds down range.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Completely normal, nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.

Got my trust set up last week and an ready to efile for the tax stamp.

Figure I'll be married to this gun, so just making sure everything is working as it should.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Completely normal, nothing to worry about.
View Quote
Yup. As long as the ATF will not allow a "safety sear" on these guns, the carrier will always drag along the hammer. GARY
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Then you may be shocked by what a WASR feels like, my Draco pistol I bought last year feels like butter compared to my 3 year old WASR with a G2 trigger. A little filing & polishing has done wonders to help the WASR but right now my WASR with a lot of elbow grease & rounds downrange is about as smooth as my Draco was right out of the box.

But even my 'rough as a cob' WASR never failed to fire since day one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
But your Draco came with 100% Romanian made parts w/o a single 922 part. Your Wasr has Crapco [Tapco] made US trigger parts made for 922 compliance so the gun could be sold here. Which trigger parts would you prefer to have in your gun? Romanian, or Crapco?  GARY
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no complaints about my Tapco trigger, it may make for a rough ride over the hammer but it's got a lighter pull and a cleaner more predictable break than the stock Draco trigger. After reading a few threads here I worked my hammer down and it's much better.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But your Draco came with 100% Romanian made parts w/o a single 922 part. Your Wasr has Crapco [Tapco] made US trigger parts made for 922 compliance so the gun could be sold here. Which trigger parts would you prefer to have in your gun? Romanian, or Crapco?  GARY
View Quote

For about 90+% of rifles, the Tapco G2 beats the factory trigger hands down. It's not perfect (kind of indistinct break, which I actually like) and Mark will probably come along and tell us all about its flawed design, but it's a pretty good trigger and a damned sight better than most factory triggers.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top