-takes standard AKM parts
-4150 CMV barrel
-side rail
-mag lock up is solid
-finish looks even
-sights are straight
-price is very competitive

Potential cons:
-cast parts (notably the trunnions which certainly seem to have had issues in the first run particularly)
-no bayo lug

As stated in the video, I haven't had any issues with mine as others have.   I think time will tell if Century got the heat treatment right after the initial run and I'll be staying tuned to see for myself.

Review:

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]
glad to see someone posting something else about these. how much did you shoot during the review?

I went back and forth between a C39V2, RAS47, wasr, or an arsenal.

I cant justify the price of the arsenal and ive heard of 2 friends who got canted front sights with them. plus I cant use the magpul stock. I dont want to pay that much to not be able to use what I want.

C39V2 has all been good reviews but its more expensive too.
Wasr is a shot in the dark with sights and getting a good one, they arent as cheap as they once were.
Then the ras47, good price point, sight rail, but some cast parts. Is it a problem? I dont know not enough reviews and not enough people putting high round counts through them.

Most people say things like "ive had mine for a year and its been 100%"
well how many rounds did you shoot in a year "around 80"

so here I am, with no AK still stuck at square 1.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
glad to see someone posting something else about these. how much did you shoot during the review?

I cant justify the price of the arsenal and ive heard of 2 friends who got canted front sights with them. plus I cant use the magpul stock. I dont want to pay that much to not be able to use what I want.

Wasr is a shot in the dark with sights and getting a good one, they arent as cheap as they once were.
Then the ras47, good price point, sight rail, but some cast parts. Is it a problem? I dont know not enough reviews and not enough people putting high round counts through them.

View Quote

Indeed.  May take a while to sort it all out
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
What does you bolt look like? Mine has gotten some sharp edges and gouges, to this point it appears superficial but I'm hoping its either normal and no big deal or its just mine...and no big deal.

Here's to hoping!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What does you bolt look like? Mine has gotten some sharp edges and gouges, to this point it appears superficial but I'm hoping its either normal and no big deal or its just mine...and no big deal.

Here's to hoping!
View Quote

There's some close ups in the video somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Good review. While I don't have the RAS47, I like my new PSAK47.

These are new rifles, new production, new components, I think it best to keep things in perspective. Obviously hard to do if you have a rifle with an issue, but the hate and FUD exploding needs to be tempered. Let's wait and see. If you're hesitant to buy one then great, I'm sure better ones will be produced as time passes. The AK47 parts kits are drying up, I applaud these companies for getting ahead of the curve. Yes, I don't mind being a guinea pig.

Everyone remember the first Honda cars? This one is about 1974, five years after the first one imported.
Removed off topic pic. This is not a car forum. dryflash3

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The AK47 parts kits are drying up...
View Quote

Except they're really not. In fact, we've been getting a lot of stuff that weren't even seen in the prime days of $99 Romy G kits. Will they eventually dry up? Sure, but we're definitely not there yet, and if Russia or any of the multitude of other countries ever drop the AK I'm sure we'll have a whole new crop of kits.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, I really want to like this rifle......but the gas block, and the lack of a bayonet lug just make it a no-go for me....but it if shoots well; then it's doing what it should.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Well done review plouffedaddy. The jury is still out on this rifle. Much controversy surrounding it right now. It won't be on my purchase radar anytime soon but I hope they get everything ironed out with it. I subscribe to your channel for your no nonsense, honest reviews and this was another. Looking forward to seeing how this rifle does down the road. Thanks for your efforts at providing useful info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:24:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I just picked my RAS47 up today and i really like it. I did get the Magpul MOE version but i may get the zhukov stock later just to make it a folder. Hopefully the kinks have been work out by now but atm i have other guns set up as my go to guns. As for the no bayonet lug and cleaning rod, well i have no intention of ever putting on a bayonet on and i have a cleaning rod already. but yes i understand the very reason that people want them and i'm not taking away from that i'm just saying i'm willing to save the money by not having them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Disreguard.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask the people at the AKfiles about it...
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just picked my RAS47 up today and i really like it. I did get the Magpul MOE version but i may get the zhukov stock later just to make it a folder. Hopefully the kinks have been work out by now but atm i have other guns set up as my go to guns. As for the no bayonet lug and cleaning rod, well i have no intention of ever putting on a bayonet on and i have a cleaning rod already. but yes i understand the very reason that people want them and i'm not taking away from that i'm just saying i'm willing to save the money by not having them.
View Quote

Let us know how it works out when you get it on the range.   All the Magpul versions should be after the first batch so it'll be good to get some additional data.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]

You mention in the video about the first batch having problems.  How would someone know if its a "first batch" rifle?

Good video, thanks.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Wasr's are built in a real AK factory where they have been building them for years. The quality of recent ones is the best I've seen in years. Beautiful wood too. As far as kits, w/o the imported barrel that was on the gun, a kit is nothing but a box of parts. I still have Romy "G" kits that were $117, & made from new UNFIRED guns. Now kits are 3 times as much, & don't come with a barrel. What's up with that. Just get a Wasr.  GARY
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You mention in the video about the first batch having problems.  How would someone know if its a "first batch" rifle?

Good video, thanks.

View Quote

Not sure if there's a serial number range or what but almost all of the issues I've read/seen with the rifles are from the initial run.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Ya i love it and my groups were about 3 in with a 1x4 primary arms scope. but i only shot about 2-300 rounds of tulammo. i did notice some rub marks though.

It's kind of hard to see the corner of the bolt here but there is a little bit on it

I didn't have a tape measure but right here is a 10 shot group at 100 yards using Tulammo i don't remember if it was fmj or hollow points i had in the mag though

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Those pics are too much wear for 300rds.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
There should only be slight finish wear on the carrier after 300 rounds.

I'd have that carrier inspected.  Maybe run a file on the bottom to see if it was properly heat treated.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#19]
On your pic of the bolt- that "shelf" that is about 1/8" long on the lug is something I find very curious and disturbing.
This is not the first time I have seen it either.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I cleaned the grease off of the bolt to get a better picture it. It's not as bad as it looks, it looks like the finish was just rubbed off pretty hard as it was locking and unlocking. But i'm going to be keeping an eye on it over the next few range trips and see if it does any more damage. I wish that i would of had a picture of it before hand.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Are the bolts cast also ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's a pic of the bolt/carrier after 15 rounds fired. These are out of a C39V2 which I believe uses the same bolt and carrier.

I'm not concerned about the finish wear however, if the metal starts to wear down, that will certainly be a cause for concern.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#23]
whats a plouffedaddy?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top