Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/JBhunter45/media/794317968464774679f8fb0ab5774d07_zps2edthhkl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg560/JBhunter45/794317968464774679f8fb0ab5774d07_zps2edthhkl.jpg</a>

Spot on the layaway list reserved!

Hopefully there is no canting issues due to these being  a contract overrun.
Remember when these were in gun stores around 08'-09'.   I thought the long barrel looked stupid and didn't buy, no SBRs in MI at the time either.  
The UR's were around $1000-1100 back then so the price is not all that bad.  For reference I paid $700-800 for the FR versions NIB.
Last one that I remember coming up for sale was $2k already SBR'd on AKForum.

Now all I need is the 107CR and build a 104CR to have all three barrel lengths in all three calibers for the complete collection.
View Quote

Congrats.

Which one did you get? Robert at K-var saidthat this batch will be sold out by Monday-Tuesday of next week.The emails have gone out,so the masses will flock for sure now

I put mine on layaway too. Did they charge you the minimum 25% down right away or just $10?

I ask as they required the 25% down on mine although i put 30% down
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Here is my thoughts on a crooked rear sight.

I would imagine one could drill out the rivets,realign the rear sight and press in new rivets.

Shouldnt be too hard if you have the tools.My AK smith would probably do that for a 6 pack of beer.

I wouldn't buy another top cover unless you just used it for yourself and if you ever sold the rifle you could put the original back on.

The front sight on these wont matter if its canted if your going to SBR it as the gas restrictor has to be removed once the barrel is cut for the rifle to cycle properly.Its a bushing of steel covering the 3mm gas port.
FSB has to be removed from the rifle to take the restrictor out.From what i understand these are only on the 107UR models.

Here is a link in case anyone is interested

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182154

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fixed the crooked rear sight by buying an Obzor and calling it a day. As much as i want a new top cover, the numbers wont match, maybe not even the finish either. The rifle is still zero'd too despite being crooked.

I would imagine one could drill out the rivets,realign the rear sight and press in new rivets.

Shouldnt be too hard if you have the tools.My AK smith would probably do that for a 6 pack of beer.

I wouldn't buy another top cover unless you just used it for yourself and if you ever sold the rifle you could put the original back on.

The front sight on these wont matter if its canted if your going to SBR it as the gas restrictor has to be removed once the barrel is cut for the rifle to cycle properly.Its a bushing of steel covering the 3mm gas port.
FSB has to be removed from the rifle to take the restrictor out.From what i understand these are only on the 107UR models.

Yeah i dont have the tools to do it, not even sure how hard it would be to. As far as the 107 goes, you think they are still produced with the gas restrictor?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah i dont have the tools to do it, not even sure how hard it would be to. As far as the 107 goes, you think they are still produced with the gas restrictor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fixed the crooked rear sight by buying an Obzor and calling it a day. As much as i want a new top cover, the numbers wont match, maybe not even the finish either. The rifle is still zero'd too despite being crooked.

The rear sight fix wouldnt cost much,if you dont have a local AK smith im sure you could send just the top cover off to one who will fix it up right.You just have to know what your doing with the rivet removal and pressing in new rivets.

Yes, Robert at K-Var said all the 107UR will have it.Its like a bushing or a washer that needs to be removed once the barrel is chopped.

I personally will have my smith chop the barrel and test to see if it cycles with 50-100 rounds before removing the restrictor,just in case it cycles correctly i wont have to have him remove the FSB.A few have cycled correctly without removing it but for it to operate correctly it will most likely need to be removed.You dont want to enlarge the gas port opening after the restrictor is out though.3mm is factory spec and is already done for you.
Any bigger and you will beat the rifle to death with the extra gas from an enlarged opening.Anyone doing this just needs to be careful they dont go into the factory gas port when removing the bushing,some bushings pop right out and some need to be drilled out.As long as you drill no bigger then 3mm you wont hurt anything if you happen to go to deep past the bushing

A guy over on the files is going to do a step by step process of how to do it.It sounds complicated but its really not once you see it.I will post a link here when his tutorial is up

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a 51 on layaway

Oh Lord help me if my wife finds the credit card bill.

I just bought a Draco and a 10/22 and put a WASR on layaway as well since they may stop imports on them

Plus the 2 cans last month and an Omega that I almost have enough for. Of which I may wait on, now that I have this 107UR in the pipeline.

The sickness is powerful indeed
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got a 51 on layaway

Oh Lord help me if my wife finds the credit card bill.

I just bought a Draco and a 10/22 and put a WASR on layaway as well since they may stop imports on them

Plus the 2 cans last month and an Omega that I almost have enough for. Of which I may wait on, now that I have this 107UR in the pipeline.

The sickness is powerful indeed
View Quote

Congrats on the UR.

There is going to be a major increase in the Krink section of the forums shortly with all these UR's selling

Holy crap,i would be so confused with all those layaway's,how much i owed on each one,when the layaway ends,etc

Spread sheet that asap
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So how soon until I hear the cries for "make me an ALFA Rail /  Renegade forend   for my Krink!"  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Ahhhh shit!
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So how soon until I hear the cries for "make me an ALFA Rail /  Renegade forend   for my Krink!"  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Mother f$%&%$#!  The wife's gonna kill me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Well, they better get behind the line of the guys who need ALFA rails for their M92s.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I already posted that in the pistol section
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Any slr107ur pistols coming?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any slr107ur pistols coming?
View Quote

I have never seen one, still plenty of SAM 7K's out there though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
If I didn't have the Draco I'd of FO'd on the SBR.

Looking forward to everyone's pics
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on Fin! I got in on the SBR, you should too!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if I do another .30cal SBR it will be a 13" SCAR 17
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$2k would go a long way toward a heavy. I'd rather have that too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#17]
13.5 pinned to 16.1" with MAMs.  Fav rifle HANDS down.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe if they made a scar in x39....
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe if they made a scar in x39....
View Quote

It's already in the works...
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The rear sight fix wouldnt cost much,if you dont have a local AK smith im sure you could send just the top cover off to one who will fix it up right.You just have to know what your doing with the rivet removal and pressing in new rivets.

Yes, Robert at K-Var said all the 107UR will have it.Its like a bushing or a washer that needs to be removed once the barrel is chopped.

I personally will have my smith chop the barrel and test to see if it cycles with 50-100 rounds before removing the restrictor,just in case it cycles correctly i wont have to have him remove the FSB.A few have cycled correctly without removing it but for it to operate correctly it will most likely need to be removed.You dont want to enlarge the gas port opening after the restrictor is out though.3mm is factory spec and is already done for you.
Any bigger and you will beat the rifle to death with the extra gas from an enlarged opening.Anyone doing this just needs to be careful they dont go into the factory gas port when removing the bushing,some bushings pop right out and some need to be drilled out.As long as you drill no bigger then 3mm you wont hurt anything if you happen to go to deep past the bushing

A guy over on the files is going to do a step by step process of how to do it.It sounds complicated but its really not once you see it.I will post a link here when his tutorial is up

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atleast with the 16" barrel they wont be overgassed like the 104UR's
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Congrats.

Which one did you get? Robert at K-var saidthat this batch will be sold out by Monday-Tuesday of next week.The emails have gone out,so the masses will flock for sure now

I put mine on layaway too. Did they charge you the minimum 25% down right away or just $10?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/JBhunter45/media/794317968464774679f8fb0ab5774d07_zps2edthhkl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg560/JBhunter45/794317968464774679f8fb0ab5774d07_zps2edthhkl.jpg</a>

Spot on the layaway list reserved!

Hopefully there is no canting issues due to these being  a contract overrun.
Remember when these were in gun stores around 08'-09'.   I thought the long barrel looked stupid and didn't buy, no SBRs in MI at the time either.  
The UR's were around $1000-1100 back then so the price is not all that bad.  For reference I paid $700-800 for the FR versions NIB.
Last one that I remember coming up for sale was $2k already SBR'd on AKForum.

Now all I need is the 107CR and build a 104CR to have all three barrel lengths in all three calibers for the complete collection.

Congrats.

Ordered the -51
Didn't know until I saw the email.  First thought was to come here and look for a thread, guess you guys knew a few days earlier.
From my notes while on the phone with Ray: $10 now to reserve, 25% when they show up, he said end of November and 90 days will start then.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#22]
What is the cost difference between buying an SLR-107UR SBR and paying a smith to do the work on a 16" SLR-107UR?  I am trying to decide on buying the rifle or SBR.  I would have to ship the rifle out for SBR work. Please help, as I would like to get the best deal for my limited funds.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Paid mine in full on 10/30 - I absolutely cannot wait to get this gun in hand.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Paid mine in full on 10/30 - I absolutely cannot wait to get this gun in hand.
View Quote

This, exactly

I've wanted one of these for a longgggg time
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What is the cost difference between buying an SLR-107UR SBR and paying a smith to do the work on a 16" SLR-107UR?  I am trying to decide on buying the rifle or SBR.  I would have to ship the rifle out for SBR work. Please help, as I would like to get the best deal for my limited funds.  Thanks.
View Quote

Converting a rifle is usually cheaper when it comes to factory krinks... but since these need work that requires removing the gas block and removing a restrictor.. it would probably end up costing about the same if you have to pay someone to do it for you.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Converting a rifle is usually cheaper when it comes to factory krinks... but since these need work that requires removing the gas block and removing a restrictor.. it would probably end up costing about the same if you have to pay someone to do it for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is about a $693.00 difference in price (includes dealer transfer fee, not stamp cost).  I was wondering if the conversion cost would be cheaper, sounds like it is about the same.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It is about a $693.00 difference in price (includes dealer transfer fee, not stamp cost).  I was wondering if the conversion cost would be cheaper, sounds like it is about the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saved quite a bit on my 104UR by cutting the barrel myself.  But that is easy, not everyone has the tools to pull the gas block and reinstall it.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me they did it with a chisel and big ass hammer while holding it between their knees.  

Figure an AK smith will probably want $200 or so for the barrel and gas block work.  Then engraving your form 1 info will run $50-100 depending on who does it.  Then paying shipping to get all this done... another $50-100.

Going the factory SBR route will probably end up only costing about $200 more than cutting down a rifle.  To many people that is worth not voiding the warranty or having to get Form 1 info engraved on the gun.  But at the same time, a lot of guys don't want to wait months to get their SBR transferred, they'd rather have the rifle to play with while the form 1 is pending.  You really can't go wrong either way you go.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#28]
First shipment is SOLD OUT!  That was fast.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#29]
That was fast! Man I'm glad, (or cursing depending on how you look at it) that I'm around here, otherwise I would have never known they were available again.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

It actually took about twice as long as I expected
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#31]
How do you remove and install the gas block?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

with a hydraulic press and something like a RForbus plate to support the gas block.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:20:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

....they'll be back.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

with a hydraulic press and something like a RForbus plate to support the gas block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube vids on the subject, doesn't look hard at all.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

....they'll be back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....they'll be back.

Seems like they always do come back. Funny how they keep doing that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

....they'll be back.

Should be back around 2022 if they keep the same schedule.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

....they'll be back.

There is a small second shipment coming in a few weeks,then thats it for the foreseeable future.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Ok, who's got a lead on triangle folders for these? It's time to put togther all the other stuff I want for mine whilst I wait for it to get out of jail. I'm thinking a spare triangle folder, plum and wood furniture and a regular booster should fill the need while I twidle my thumbs waiting for my form 4 to clear.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ok, who's got a lead on triangle folders for these? It's time to put togther all the other stuff I want for mine whilst I wait for it to get out of jail. I'm thinking a spare triangle folder, plum and wood furniture and a regular booster should fill the need while I twidle my thumbs waiting for my form 4 to clear.
View Quote

You didnt order a 107ur with the triangle folder?

kvar has a bulgarian one with integrated rubber butt pad http://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-AFSP.html
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks! And no, I ordered mine with the poly folder, as I intended to get all the other stuff anyway and wanted the Bulgarian gas piston.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I kept my Tula original, so I'm thinking of going ultimak/red dot with the 107ur
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#42]
The 107-51's and some of the 107-54's should be shipping late this week

Paid off my balance on layaway today so i can get this hopefully next week.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Ive been happy with my 107UR for years. Money well spent.

Sure wish I had one of those rubber pads for the triangle stock! Pretty neat.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't think the 55's are shipping yet, but I paid mine off anyway. I'll end the wait to start my 4.5 month wait instead. Ugh.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did the layaway as well, but it looks like they may have charged the whole thing today.

Wanted to keep this on the down low so the wife wouldn't bitch.

Oh well, with 41P looming (maybe) The process should begin ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don't think the 55's are shipping yet, but I paid mine off anyway. I'll end the wait to start my 4.5 month wait instead. Ugh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To keep updated on when the other models start to ship check in on this thread over on the files.Lots of good info on these there.

Robert is the manager over at K-Var and he updates the thread very often.

Link left cold

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240427&page=11
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I did the layaway as well, but it looks like they may have charged the whole thing today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yours should be shipped tomorrow or Thursday.

I was going to just pay a bit at a time and said fuck it.I sent Robert a PM and a rep from K-var called me and i paid mine off.

Already got a Russian Krinkov sling and a fake can will be here Thursday.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was going to just pay a bit at a time and said fuck it.I sent Robert a PM and a rep from K-var called me and i paid mine off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My quest for a Kvar PBS-5 took a loooong time when i got my 104UR and i got lucky. I originally went with a Ctrax can but i have zero clue about refinishing and i looked for a Kvar already painted. Looks like im restarting that quest lol
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, and two of those smokin Larue barrel/trigger deals yesterday.

And we have BF coming as well
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top