Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:00:36 AM EDT
I have a ban SLR-101S I bought a while back. it is a Bulgarian made milled AK and I'm wondering how the quality is compared to Arsenal SAM7's. What differences are there? I was trying to find some spare parts or a "maintenance" kit for it and I called Kvar and they said they don't have any parts that are compatible with it. Maybe I should sell it and buy an SAM7? Any ideas what parts might be compatible with it? I was hoping to find trigger springs and any small springs that may fail and a bolt rebuild kit. Any ideas? I was surprised KVAR did not know anything about this model! Thanks for any input!

<title edit - dalesimpson>
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to the newer SLR-101S from a few years ago or the ban era SLR-101 from 20 years ago?

If you mean the newer one, the SAM7R replaced it and is virtually identical.  So any part made for the SAM7R should be a direct replacement.  Surprising Kvar did not know this.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you referring to the newer SLR-101S from a few years ago or the ban era SLR-101 from 20 years ago?

If you mean the newer one, the SAM7R replaced it and is virtually identical.  So any part made for the SAM7R should be a direct replacement.  Surprising Kvar did not know this.
View Quote

I think it is older from the mid 90's.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The link below shows some info on the "original" and "more recent" SLR-101. Scroll down to the 6th picture.
With regard to "quality"......the current Bulgarian milled AK's are of no better quality than the traditional Bulgarian milled AK's. The only difference is features. The design itself is tried and true.

SLR-101
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top