BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2015 12:23:07 AM EDT
Figured I'd take a gamble and be one of the guinea pigs on these things. $260 seems like a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep us posted. I am looking forward to reviews of these.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Figured I'd take a gamble and be one of the guinea pigs on these things. $260 seems like a pretty good deal.
View Quote

Neat.  Looks like a good choice
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 2:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
After seeing your post I actually added the barreled receiver to my cart and then checked around the site for other deals or things that interested me, came back to check out and the dang thing was out of stock! You must have got the last one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
the question is, are you actually going to get charged for it and receive it? I think PSA made a mistake on their site, they shouldn't be in stock if they were having headspace issues with their entire AKM line.

that being said I hope you get it and can check it out. I wanted to order one before they pulled their AKM line. I have everything I need to build it short of a spare AKM bolt carrier, $250 is a screaming deal for a 4150 nitride barreled US-made AK. you couldn't even build a parts kit up to that level of completeness for the same price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the question is, are you actually going to get charged for it and receive it? I think PSA made a mistake on their site, they shouldn't be in stock if they were having headspace issues with their entire AKM line.

that being said I hope you get it and can check it out. I wanted to order one before they pulled their AKM line. I have everything I need to build it short of a spare AKM bolt carrier, $250 is a screaming deal for a 4150 nitride barreled US-made AK. you couldn't even build a parts kit up to that level of completeness for the same price.
View Quote

That was months ago. I'm sure you're good to go now. They posted earlier this week they would be back in stock - it wasn't a mistake.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Son-of-A....I'm been waiting months for these!
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The following items in this kit are not 922r compliant:  Bolt, Mounting blocks (trunions).
View Quote

I'm guessing it's no longer 100% American made (not that I'm bothered in the least by that). Glad to see them back, even if they're already out of stock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Son-of-A....I'm been waiting months for these!
View Quote

I know right? Missed it too...

I went through my extra parts and have everything extra now to complete it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
They showed sold out in about an hour so that leads me to think this may have been a mistake.  However if not that's awesome for those that got their order in.  I would be jealous and sad I missed the opportunity since it was so short.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I lied, I went back and they are showing in stock again so go back and get your order in!
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I lied, I went back and they are showing in stock again so go back and get your order in!
View Quote

Awesome! I just went back and ordered one.

With all the spare AK47 parts I have laying around, I'll have a new gun and less clutter for a grand total of $275.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Please post pics when you get these.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Of course, right after I bought my yugo. Still gonna get one of these for my 2nd ak though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Very very much want.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I had to cancel my order because I missed the part that stated you had to be 21 to order. Another 2 months and I wouldn't have had any problems. I wouldn't figure these would be considered anything but a rifle due to the stock trunnion and the 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Me too, because they won't ship to CA since it isn't on the handgun roster.  F.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I had to cancel my order because I missed the part that stated you had to be 21 to order. Another 2 months and I wouldn't have had any problems. I wouldn't figure these would be considered anything but a rifle due to the stock trunnion and the 16" barrel.
View Quote
Same boat here. I may talk to my FFL and see if he'll order it for me and install a stock before transferring it to me.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
If they did these in 5.45 I'd be on them like a fat girl on French fries
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Patiently waiting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Same boat here. I may talk to my FFL and see if he'll order it for me and install a stock before transferring it to me.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same boat here

I asked PSA over in their industry forum if I can buy both the receiver and kit and if they could throw the stock on it for me so I can get it transferred but they have not answered
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine should be here tomorrow, although it will probably be Wednesday before I can get there to pick it up. I will try to post some pics after I get it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Mine should be here tomorrow, although it will probably be Wednesday before I can get there to pick it up. I will try to post some pics after I get it.
View Quote

Cool looking forward to it

Thanks for being our Guinea pig
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Now that's pretty durn neat!

Is the muzzle threaded? I can't tell from the website pictures.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Now that's pretty durn neat!

Is the muzzle threaded? I can't tell from the website pictures.
View Quote

It is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks pretty nice so far!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice, looks good.  It looks like it was made the right way rather than be a Century-esque exercise in corner cutting.  Hopefully these are going to be a regular item so I can pick one up down the road.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Can you tell me what threads are on the barrel? mine is in the mail, but i would like to order a compensator to get it in the mail.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't like the looks of those rear trunnion rivets, but that's a minor issue. For those of you that order these and have the ability, I'd like to know if they properly set the front trunnion rivets or if they use the IO/Pioneer (wrong) method.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can you tell me what threads are on the barrel? mine is in the mail, but i would like to order a compensator to get it in the mail.

Thanks
View Quote

The slant brake from my WASR-10 screws right on, so it is apparently standard.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I was thinking to order one also.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Don't like the looks of those rear trunnion rivets, but that's a minor issue. For those of you that order these and have the ability, I'd like to know if they properly set the front trunnion rivets or if they use the IO/Pioneer (wrong) method.
View Quote

Yeah the rear trunion rivets are a minor gripe of mine. Also don't like that the mag catch is held on with a rivet instead of a pin. But no big deal since I wouldn't be buying this to be anything but a basic AK to blast with.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm digging it. One of these will likely be in my future.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#34]
What's the finish, paint? Paint over park?

And is that your thumbprint on the RSB, or that of the guy who built it?

Looking forward to (hopefully) good reviews.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What's the finish, paint? Paint over park?

And is that your thumbprint on the RSB, or that of the guy who built it?

Looking forward to (hopefully) good reviews.
View Quote

The receiver appears to be paint. If there is parkerizing under it I don't know enough to tell.

It came with a coat of oil and I tried to wipe off the outside before I took the pics, but I am sure there was enoughleft  for me to leave several prints while holding it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rivet work looks okay. Not amazing, but not horrendous. I will say this much about the front trunnion, based on those photos I am at least 95% sure that lower rivet is in a properly dimpled hole. That gives me some added confidence by itself. I definitely want to play with one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where does it say you have to be 21? I called my FFL and he said if the OAL was 26 inches it would be a long gun.

ETA: I see it in there policies, but it says that its needed to complete the transfer. My FFL doesn't seem to agree.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Perhaps not appropriate for the thread but I thought it's whatever the FFL puts on the 4473.  If it starts as a pistol it can go rifle but never go back.  If it starts as a rifle it has to stay that way.  I've been wrong before though.

I'm curious when the non-railed barreled receiver will come in stock. These things seem like perfect raw materials since you can't have surplus receivers or barrels now.  Just add whatever kit you've got and there's your clone.

This thread is really interesting and I'm looking forward to what everyone turns theirs into.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Perhaps not appropriate for the thread but I thought it's whatever the FFL puts on the 4473.  If it starts as a pistol it can go rifle but never go back.  If it starts as a rifle it has to stay that way.  I've been wrong before though.

I'm curious when the non-railed barreled receiver will come in stock. These things seem like perfect raw materials since you can't have surplus receivers or barrels now.  Just add whatever kit you've got and there's your clone.

This thread is really interesting and I'm looking forward to what everyone turns theirs into.
View Quote

Stripped lowers are marked as other. I asked my FFL and he said this barreled receiver would be marked as long gun. IIRC, if it starts as a pistol it can become a rifle and then go back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I won't argue.

I was just checking and saw their Intro Build Kit (everything minus the furniture) which isn't in stock but was last listed at $179.  Man, for schlubs like me that's difficult to resist if everything would come in-stock.  Sadly the last price listed on the non-railed receiver was still $399 like the current railed version's original price.  

Good gravy if they'd offer a Khyber receiver version I think they could print money.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I won't argue.

I was just checking and saw their Intro Build Kit (everything minus the furniture) which isn't in stock but was last listed at $179.  Man, for schlubs like me that's difficult to resist if everything would come in-stock.  Sadly the last price listed on the non-railed receiver was still $399 like the current railed version's original price.  

Good gravy if they'd offer a Khyber receiver version I think they could print money.
View Quote

I wish they would offer Khyber receivers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Stripped lowers are marked as other. I asked my FFL and he said this barreled receiver would be marked as long gun. IIRC, if it starts as a pistol it can become a rifle and then go back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'm sure I could've figured it out once it got here with my FFL. I just didn't feel like dealing with a headache if it didn't work out. I'm sure he would've been perfectly fine with putting a stock on it to transfer as a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not start an argument here, but even with a barrel attached, it is not a rifle and should be sold as an "other", which is why you have to be 21 to buy it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not start an argument here, but even with a barrel attached, it is not a rifle and should be sold as an "other", which is why you have to be 21 to buy it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I expected the FFL to say, but he seemed to think it would be a long gun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thats what I expected the FFL to say, but he seemed to think it would be a long gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, he would be wrong.......
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Finally picked mine up yesterday. looks pretty darn good. The finish doesn't look like paint. Definitely a nice black. Some kind of blue or oxide. No park beneath it. I'm tempted to say its all nitrided. Looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#47]
im getting excited, mine comes next week
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Finally picked mine up yesterday. looks pretty darn good. The finish doesn't look like paint. Definitely a nice black. Some kind of blue or oxide. No park beneath it. I'm tempted to say its all nitrided. Looks nice.
View Quote

In one of the videos on this it says that the receiver and barrel are both nitrided.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In one of the videos on this it says that the receiver and barrel are both nitrided.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a win to me

Edit: Bummer. Just went to put on my EG sling... Ahhrg@#***#$%... Ak47 type HG retainer!!!! No sling loop!!!!!!!!!!! No sling for me until I replace the HG retainer
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 5:16:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Had no idea these were out finally.  I think this just became my new favorite thread.  ??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top