Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2015 2:45:58 AM EDT
Not sure if this has been posted here. I've been thinking about buying another AK and the PAP pistol or rifle have been at the top of my list until I ran across this thread...

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/30-yugoslavian/177384-yugo-paps-made-garbage-metal.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:51:14 AM EDT
[#1]
No problems with my o-pap
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
This came up 15 years ago when the SAR-1s started to dry up and the WSAR10s came out.  It was a non-issue then to.  The back of the AK carrier will get banged up if you shoot it.  My npap under folder and M85 both shoot fine.  David
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know all AKs will peen the tail of the bolt carrier. Typically you may also find some peened areas on the bolt lugs too. The steel is designed to be more ductile and peen rather than break. On the bolt tail, it's probably self-limiting because of it's shape - it tapers to a rounded point. As the point gets flattened, the end of the tail gets bigger and bigger, spreading out the force of the impact. I've not shot one enough to know if it gradually stops and I haven't seen any pictures or reports of what the tail looks like after thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Zastava M92 sbr. I took it out for the first time last weekend and it ran like a top. 75 round drum, mag dump and not one hiccup either. I really like it, I pulled it out of the trash can an moved it to the safe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
This has been discussed in length. The G2 trigger group is causing the deformation of the carrier. Reprofile the G2 hammer and all is well.

Note that over time almost all AK carriers will do this. However the G2 hammer face is very angular and sharp compared to the factory Zastava trigger group. It may also bebexcessively hard. This accelerates the wear on the carrier.

Those using the factory Zaatava trigger group have not had these issues. You can buy the Zastava factory group online from various sources if you want to play the 922r game
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, that makes sense. They swap the original trigger and that's what's causing the problem.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top