Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2015 7:41:28 PM EDT
Gent's,

Just installed last night in my SLR 107FR. What an awesome trigger...feels just like my Geissele S3G AR trigger except it's a 1lb lighter. I measured both on my trigger gauge and the S3G is consistently a dead even 3lb break. The AKT is a consistent 2lb break...it feels amazing. Also, I didn't utilize the extra auxiliary trigger spring to increase the pull weight. Anyway, it did require the fitting of the roll pin to engage the safety correctly. I took my time and spent good 2-3 hours getting it just right & perfect. I attempted to snap some pic's of the roll pin that my SLR required.

Cheers

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, didn't know they added the extra spring.  I think I'll go order one of these now.  The super light pull was a sticking point for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine doesn't have an extra spring....
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine didn't come with the spring either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The early ones didn't.  OP is the first I have heard of any spring.  Must be a new thing they added because of people thinking it's too light.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The auxiliary trigger spring could be a recent add on...I just got my trigger last week from Primary Arms. The literature indicates it will increase the trigger pull by adding an additional 10-14 oz. of pull weight w/o having to bend the mainspring. Honestly, this would be much better for a self defense weapon. However, my 107 is strictly a range toy so, this doesn't apply to my intended use.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I just ordered one direct from ALG.  It better have the aux spring
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I just ordered one direct from ALG.  It better have the aux spring
View Quote

The one I ordered last weekend from ALG came with the auxiliary spring
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well shit...all this discussion regarding the auxiliary trigger spring, just caused me to just now install it & check it out. Wow, it increased the pull weight to exactly 2lbs 10 oz., and the reset is phenomenally better! I'm going to keep it as is, still light but, the reset is super crisp and tactile (reminds me of my Glock resetting triggers). Hopefully, I'll get some much needed trigger time next weekend (work permitting).
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cool, didn't know they added the extra spring.  I think I'll go order one of these now.  The super light pull was a sticking point for me.
View Quote

This, I'll be ordering one soon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered one from rifle dynamics last week and it diddnt have the spring.Not that I really care lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I want the spring.

Mine is easy to bump fire
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I would like the spring as well.  Ordered mine a month ago...no aux spring.  Anyone know how to get one?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would like the spring as well.  Ordered mine a month ago...no aux spring.  Anyone know how to get one?
View Quote

Contact the manufacturer. More than likely they'll send you one, probably free.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine has the extra spring. I am hoping to have it installed in my M92 PAP within the week.

I tried to put it in myself but the process is a bit beyond my abilities and toolkit at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my trigger today and just tossed it in.  Filing the roll pin is annoying, but oh well.  This is easily the best upgrade to any AK.  I used to aux spring and I am happy with the weight of the trigger.  No way to measure it, but it's not so light that I don't feel safe with it, so I'm pleased.  Didn't try it without the spring, but I'm certain it would have been too light for me taste.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I got one on my Krinkov and holy crap this thing is amazing, but if you have your finger on it and fart, it could fire, it's super light and incredibly comfortable on the finger too
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#17]
The lightness of it worries me.  I like a lighter trigger but not that light.  Can the weight be increased?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The lightness of it worries me.  I like a lighter trigger but not that light.  Can the weight be increased?
View Quote

Yes, the more recent triggers have an extra spring shipped with it that will increase the pull weight a bit.

My gunsmith is a bit spooked by how short the travel is. He is not an AK guy and I find that I am having to hold his hand a bit through installation. It seems that my trigger guard was bent just enough to stop the trigger from moving at all.

The pull and reset, from what I have heard everywhere replicates the S3G trigger. I have a SD3G in an AR and I can trip that thing so fast that the got dang RO at a local range thought I had an unregistered MG . It comes with an extra weight spring that allows the trigger pull weight to be increased by a pound. I tried it, I don't see using it but I am glad that Geissle included it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok guys been on the internet and u tube getting facts on the trigger and order one beening my birthday is Monday I got this trigger set up for $45.18 from Mid way USA will post my 2% after some range time and get away from this long ass creep ( through AR had creep ) will see if my group get better at 200 to 300 yds should say using a Red Dot.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#20]
installed mine in my Vepr 12! It took a bit of custom work to make it fit, but baby it's a world of difference. I added the extra spring to add weight to the trigger pull, it's nice to have the option to up the weight of the trigger pull.  I love the clean uptake and break of this trigger! Lol the safety fit perfect without the rolling pin.

Thanks ALG for a non-grindy trigger!
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Best $50 one could spend on their AK.....it is truly an amazing trigger!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I have not got to the range yet but dry firing I love mine.  In fact I like it better than the tap on or RSA that I had a few years back.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I installed mine today on my Maadi ARM.The Maadi didnt need the roll pin for the safety

Nice trigger with a light crisp trigger pull.Reset is shorter than the G2.I havent shot it yet only dry fired but it is very nice

I bought another one today from Primary Arms for $41 before shipping

Enter code trigger15 to get the discount

https://www.primaryarms.com/ALG_Defense_AK_Trigger_p/05-326.htm
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I have two AKTs. One from the pre-order,l and one that I ordered this week.l for my PSL build. The new one came with the auxiliary spring, and it definitely improves the trigger for me. I wrote ALG about getting another auxiliary spring for my first AKT, they asked for my address and said they'd have the shipping department send me one. It doesn't make the trigger heavy, but just enough that I feel safe in a defense situation. I also ordered the high energy hammer spring to use with the new one, which also adds a little weight. I was worried about the single-wire hammer spring but I see no reason for there to be any issues. Just kinda looks weird. The newer trigger feels noticeably better. Zero take-up, slightly heavier (but still light) with a crisp break and reset. The new one feels almost identical to my CMC 4.5lb flat triggers, but unfortunately I don't have a gauge to test it. The AKT feels better than any AK trigger I've felt, and the new one is far better than I would have imagined possible.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Mine has the extra spring. I am hoping to have it installed in my M92 PAP within the week.

I tried to put it in myself but the process is a bit beyond my abilities and toolkit at the moment.
View Quote

You can do it. Piece of cake. I installed two recently. One last night and one last week. Both came from Joe Bob's and both had the spring. I thought the roll pin would be a pain to get right but I just pre-assembled, eye balled what I needed to take off for clearance, took off what I needed with my bench grinder and re-assembled. Both came out perfect.

The only tool I've used to do AK triggers is one of these. Makes the job a lot easier.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I put one in my Opap tonight, wow what a difference.

So much better than the tapco.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top