Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 8:12:47 PM EDT
Gents,
I couldn't bring myself to keeping my latest toy in a soft amazon gun bag.  I was looking for hard cases when I came across this awesome offering from AKases!  

Its a legit violin case that has been hallowed out and re-molded on the inside to accept an under-folder and 4 mags.  They make them for side folders and have special cut-outs for bayonets as well.  

I can't wait to source some soviet or moscow symphony travel/bumper stickers to put on it :D

What do you guys think?
-Curt

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Have to say that looks amazing! and yeah i'd def sticker it up with some good ol CCCP stickers etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool.  Nobody would believe that a hick like me plays the violin though...
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have to say that looks amazing! and yeah i'd def sticker it up with some good ol CCCP stickers etc.
View Quote

Thats the plan!
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#5]

I lived in married student housing when in college.  I may or may not have known someone that used a bass case to move his PSL and soft guitar cases to move ARs and AKs to and from the apartments.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Pretty cool.  Nobody would believe that a hick like me plays the violin though...
View Quote
kind of like a 300 lb guy toting around a tennis racket bag

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very nice. How is the price?
View Quote

About $140, not bad....
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Sort of want.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that I've lost weight I can pull it off pretty well. Was never close to 300, though.

The violin case is cool. It does have to match the guy, though. I think most of us here would look natural with a large tool box.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe its a fiddle case?

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Now that I've lost weight I can pull it off pretty well. Was never close to 300, though.

The violin case is cool. It does have to match the guy, though. I think most of us here would look natural with a large tool box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Draco has its own Stanley toolbox
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you have a link to this case?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

http://shop.akases.com/main.sc

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just put some bluegrass stickers on it and call it a fiddle :D

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://shop.akases.com/main.sc

His listings on gunbroker are the best price.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Wouldn't this look like an item of value and still temp stealing? Looks cool though...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wouldn't this look like an item of value and still temp stealing? Looks cool though...
View Quote

Certainly, but it would look normal walking around with it in hand.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Its a legit violin case that has been hallowed out
View Quote

What, did you have a priest bless it or something?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I am so going to get one of these when I get a AK74. But I want mine to be a triangle side folder.
The good thing is I used to play violin so it would be believable.
Who made the case for you, Thug case, or did you make it yourself?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Dammit,

I kinda wanted an underfolder before.... now I REALLY want an underfolder.

Quoted:

View Quote

Damn dude, did you read any of the thread, or just look at the pictures and call it a day?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dammit,

Damn dude, did you read any of the thread, or just look at the pictures and call it a day?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dammit,

Quoted:

No I looked through the thread. I didnt see any mention of a maker unless I skiped over that part.
Now if a link was posted to show who made the case then that is why I missed it. I am on a tablet
so not all of the time links will show as links or even show up at all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was looking for hard cases when I came across this awesome offering from AKases!  

View Quote

@ MDSTROUP OP's first post second sentence.

also here's your link

AKases

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

also here's your link

AKases

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was looking for hard cases when I came across this awesome offering from AKases!  

also here's your link

AKases

Wow I look I a dumbass. I even looked over that 2 different times. I guess that happens when
you are posting things at 1:30am in the morning on ar15.com when you should be in bed .

Thank you for the link. This time I see it. I just had to wait several minutes untill it came up.
Patience is not a virtue of mine I guess. The funny thing is that I checked this thread out
on my old ass flip phone and I can see the links there just not all of the pictures because
It will say "size of page not supported".
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe its a fiddle case?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe its a fiddle case?  

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow I look I a dumbass. I even looked over that 2 different times. I guess that happens when
you are posting things at 1:30am in the morning on ar15.com when you should be in bed .

Thank you for the link. This time I see it. I just had to wait several minutes untill it came up.
Patience is not a virtue of mine I guess. The funny thing is that I checked this thread out
on my old ass flip phone and I can see the links there just not all of the pictures because
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

also here's your link

AKases

I'ts ok man us Virginians need to stick together...wait i spelled that right, right?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'ts ok man us Virginians need to stick together...wait i spelled that right, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

also here's your link

AKases

Close enough because we learneded from Virginia public scoooool our fine edjamcation.

All kidding aside this case looks really good and I am having a hard time deciding between
this one and Thug cases.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

AKases

All kidding aside this case looks really good and I am having a hard time deciding between
this one and Thug cases.
View Quote

If you search for AK-47 case on gunbroker you can see that AKases has a little better price.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you search for AK-47 case on gunbroker you can see that AKases has a little better price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AKases

this one and Thug cases.

Great that made it even harder to decide now because they are very close in price after
looking it up on gunbroker.  I wonder if the AKases case would be able to fit an AK with
a Venom Tactical bolt on front sight gas block?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Great that made it even harder to decide now because they are very close in price after
looking it up on gunbroker.  I wonder if the AKases case would be able to fit an AK with
a Venom Tactical bolt on front sight gas block?
View Quote

Just shoot him an email, he was very quick to respond to me.  

-Curt
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top