User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of barrels did the latest batch have? I have the chance to buy a 8xxx serial number gun. Wondering if I should just pass. Does DDI honor warrantys for 2nd owners?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure but mine is in the 805x serial number range.

I just emailed DDI. Will see what they say
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
OK I went and looked at the gun after work today.  With the provided mags it had a lot of mag wobble.  It was advertised as coming with 4 mags with one mag being full with silver bear.  I thoroughly inspected the rifle and everything looked very nice.  I removed the dust cover and asked the owner if he minded hand cycling the full mag so I could see how it feeds and ejects.  The rifle didn't make it through 3 rounds without failing to eject properly (exactly like the pics I saw on akfiles WW thread). This happened about 5-6 times before the mag was empty.

I made a low offer for the rifle thinking this was pretty much just a parts kit at this point and he accepted.

When I got home I noticed a lot of side to side movement on the bolt carrier then compared it to my Siaga which was nice and tight.  With nothing to lose I got out my rubber mallet and proceeded to beat the receiver right above the rails on both sides stopping from time to time to check the fit of the bolt carrier.
Now it's a nice fit and I've hand cycled 2 mags through it flawlessly.  I'm stoked!
I've also found that surplus mags don't have anywhere near the wobble that the factory mags have in the rifle.

I don't think I will be able to make it out to the range tonight but If I do I will post my results.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I made it out to the range for a 90rd function check and the gun ran like a sewing machine!  I'm a happy camper. I rolled the dice and won at least for now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Great job Chad!  Now all people need to do is beat their Waffen Works with a rubber mallet!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great job Chad!  Now all people need to do is beat their Waffen Works with a rubber mallet!
View Quote

How do you think DDI is "adjusting the ejector"? If they're not welding extra on they're squeezing the receiver. Maybe with a mallet maybe with a vice. End result is the same.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I wasn't kidding, I'm really glad you figured out a way to fix it without sending it back.  If I have any trouble with my WW I'm going to do the same thing!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top