Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 12:00:02 AM EDT
Saigas are difficult to come by for a decent price lately. I'm looking for a AK to have redone by Rifle Dynamics. Any suggestions? I've seen a few FEGs on the market lately. Are these good rifles? Are the barrels hammer forged com block?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in Las Vegas and have seen their work at Rifle Dynamics. Some people will tell u go else where and save your money but I will tell you differently. They do excellent work and I highly recommend them. I'm gonna have a few things done by them myself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:55:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in Las Vegas and have seen their work at Rifle Dynamics. Some people will tell u go else where and save your money but I will tell you differently. They do excellent work and I highly recommend them. I'm gonna have a few things done by them myself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
wow! Triple tap! 1st time I've seen that.

If you hell bent on spending your $ and letting someone else do the work for you, and a Saiga is too hard to come by, I'd suggest a Vepr in the caliber of your choice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Find you a good Romanian kit and send it to Jim. Way back, when they were cheap and available, I sent 3 such kits to Jim.  They are excellent and all shot very well and were very reliable.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I don't understand. Your going to send out a rifle that you haven't even bought yet. You might end up with a rifle that needs no work at all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#7]
As a top tier AK owner of both RD and Krebs guns, I will tell you, buy a KV-13 if you want something custom and functional. I have great stuff from RD as well, but as far as I'm concerned the KV-13 has way more features and is more functional then either of my AK 103/5 style guns from RD, which actually cost more then my KV-13.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Had my first build done by them a Romy g kit. They did a great job.
When it was time for my second build I talked to two different guys there one was the guy the was managing the place at the time another was a builder there. Got two different estimates and conflicting info on my sbr build and 922r info. Decided it was probably better to have some one else do the build.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wow! Triple tap! 1st time I've seen that.

If you hell bent on spending your $ and letting someone else do the work for you, and a Saiga is too hard to come by, I'd suggest a Vepr in the caliber of your choice.
View Quote

I have a Vepr in 7.62x39. The reason I wasn't going to go with that rifle is because it's pretty heavy compared to most AKMs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't want to burst your bubble but on the RD website it states...

"Due to many issues that we encounter when working on many different variants of the AK platform, we are only offering our AK custom services on the following manufactures UNMODIFIED rifles.  Arsenal,  Krebs Customs, Norinco, Polytech, and Izhmash (Unconverted Saiga Rifles)."

This severely limits your options.  I'd go with a nice, used MAK90.  It would be your cheapest option of the ones listed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't want to burst your bubble but on the RD website it states...

"Due to many issues that we encounter when working on many different variants of the AK platform, we are only offering our AK custom services on the following manufactures UNMODIFIED rifles.  Arsenal,  Krebs Customs, Norinco, Polytech, and Izhmash (Unconverted Saiga Rifles)."

This severely limits your options.  I'd go with a nice, used MAK90.  It would be your cheapest option of the ones listed.
View Quote
MAKs are cheaper than Saigas now?

I haven't really kept up with it lately.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I see MAK90s on my local Armslist between $500-$600.  Not sure how much Saigas go for.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Contact them first.  They turned me away a few months ago because their build que was too long.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I recommend a Sar 1.  If you are going to rebuild a rifle, the Sar 1 is the only real mil spec AKM imported.  Most people that have them will tell you they are their favorite shooters.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Just have them build the rifle from scratch vs buying a base gun to send in.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top