BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:47:41 PM EDT
Hi all,

I should narrow my question a bit.
I've been eyeballing (okay leering and heavy breathing) at the M85NP .556 Pistol that's been popping up for sale lately.
Pistol (no stock), it takes AR15 mags (which is attractive to me), and comes with a Krinkov style muzzle brake.

Is anyone aware of this being made in a rifle configuration?
Yes, I know you can put a Sig Brace on it, but right now you're not legally supposed to shoulder the Sig Brace, so I was hoping this was made in a rifle version.
And, yes, I'm sure there have been other .556 AK's, but are they AR mag compatible?.

Wandering the conversation further afield, I assume the Krinkov brake is used to help provide enough back pressure from the weaker .556 cartridge to cycle the bolt assembly. Would lengthening this out to a rifle configuration make it more or less reliable?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No, they are not....The AK world has been wanting the Yugo M21 imported for awhile now (its the 5.56 AK you seek) but it looks as though we wont get it...

I passed on the AR mag version due to the polymer magwell...I am just leery of that personally.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a CNC Warrior fake can on my M85NP to bring it out to legal length.

Runs great on PMags, Lancers, and USGI mags.  I love this rifle and consider it money very well spent.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Runs great on PMags, Lancers, and USGI mags.  I love this rifle and consider it money very well spent.

http://s20.postimg.org/5k8vheayl/M85_018.jpg  
View Quote

That looks like a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, I know you can put a Sig Brace on it, but right now you're not legally supposed to shoulder the Sig Brace, so I was hoping this was made in a rifle version.
And, yes, I'm sure there have been other .556 AK's, but are they AR mag compatible?.

Wandering the conversation further afield, I assume the Krinkov brake is used to help provide enough back pressure from the weaker .556 cartridge to cycle the bolt assembly. Would lengthening this out to a rifle configuration make it more or less reliable?

Thanks
View Quote

It's not currently being offered in a rifle configuration, so you'll have to add your own stock and barrel extension. I'm not aware on which 5.56 rifles (if any) the AR-mag adapter will work, but someone here most certainly knows that. The Krink booster on the M85 is not needed to make it cycle, so you can use virtually any type of barrel extension to bring it up to 16".
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not currently being offered in a rifle configuration, so you'll have to add your own stock and barrel extension. I'm not aware on which 5.56 rifles (if any) the AR-mag adapter will work, but someone here most certainly knows that. The Krink booster on the M85 is not needed to make it cycle, so you can use virtually any type of barrel extension to bring it up to 16".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Doesn't Definitive Arms do conversions of your 5.56 AK? Granted, they aren't cheap, but it does give you a metal mag well and LRBHO.

The only "rifle" configuration of that rifle was the CNC Warrior carbine version posted above with the fake suppressor and folding stock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Emailed them about 4 weeks ago. Definitive Arms isn't accepting any new work. The price of one their rifles is around $2k. Some go for more on Gunbroker. There isn't anyone else doing conversions that I know of.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Radom will be importing 5.56 AK's with fixed M4 magazine adapters sometime this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQeOKeElHCo
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! Hopefully they won't be over priced!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]
CNC Warrior makes what you are looking for. They are sold out at the moment but they do make such a thing.

http://www.cncwarrior.com/CNC-Warrior-M85-Carbine-p/26237.htm

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://s20.postimg.org/5k8vheayl/M85_018.jpg  
View Quote

Too cool for school right there, thinking that's my next AK purchase.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
CNC Warrior makes what you are looking for. They are sold out at the moment but they do make such a thing.

View Quote

I'm on that waiting list for one.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top