AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Expecting us to abide by US Patent law for other patented inventions while at the same time not protecting and defending our own intellectual property under the same law is just ignorant.

Patents are part of US law, just like all the others laws of the land. In fact intellectual property is more closely related to freedom than even personal physical property. It is at it's root the ownership of ones own ideas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Also, do the Magpul mags use the same internal geometry as comblock mags?" (Sorry-hit reply instead of quote)

The curve is the same, as pretty much all the com bloc mags are already optimized for the taper of the round and the resulting round stack.  Other than that, the geometry is a result of getting round stack, follower, and feeding rounds during stripping and chamber entry to do exactly what they need to do while making sure the resulting forces on the bolt carrier are what they are supposed to be during cycling, etc., etc., science and stuff. There is a bit of variety in com bloc mags, and we did indeed baseline a bunch of them and determine which characteristics correlated with more reliable feeding, etc, before designing our mags.
So will you be sending the OEM combloc magazine manufacturers royalties or licensing fees?    

Or should the OEM manufacturers sue Magpul for using their IP, specifically internal magazine geometry. You know, like Magpul does to other companies who also have curved internal AR15 magazine bodies.

In the Communist Block the rights of people or businesses are not recognized unless you pay a fee. It all belongs to the state from your birth to your death. Read the Communist Manifesto and the other Satanic writings from Karl Marx. You deserve to be cursed out in a serious way but then I would be permanently banned so I'm holding back.
I was speaking from a moral standpoint. If an entity makes use of laws that benefit the entity, and are detrimental to another entity, is it moral for the former entity to then commit hypocrisy when no law exists to protect other entities against competition?    

Why would you want to curse out someone pointing out an obvious moral flaw in the business practices of a company? People flog Troy Industries and ARMS Inc for similar reasons.

Expecting us to abide by US Patent law for other patented inventions while at the same time not protecting and defending our own intellectual property under the same law is just ignorant.

Patents are part of US law, just like all the others laws of the land. In fact intellectual property is more closely related to freedom than even personal physical property. It is at it's root the ownership of ones own ideas.

Is it possible to dremel material away to get the Zhukov handguard to fit without taking my HG retainer off?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Also, do the Magpul mags use the same internal geometry as comblock mags?" (Sorry-hit reply instead of quote)

The curve is the same, as pretty much all the com bloc mags are already optimized for the taper of the round and the resulting round stack.  Other than that, the geometry is a result of getting round stack, follower, and feeding rounds during stripping and chamber entry to do exactly what they need to do while making sure the resulting forces on the bolt carrier are what they are supposed to be during cycling, etc., etc., science and stuff. There is a bit of variety in com bloc mags, and we did indeed baseline a bunch of them and determine which characteristics correlated with more reliable feeding, etc, before designing our mags.
So will you be sending the OEM combloc magazine manufacturers royalties or licensing fees?    

Or should the OEM manufacturers sue Magpul for using their IP, specifically internal magazine geometry. You know, like Magpul does to other companies who also have curved internal AR15 magazine bodies.

In the Communist Block the rights of people or businesses are not recognized unless you pay a fee. It all belongs to the state from your birth to your death. Read the Communist Manifesto and the other Satanic writings from Karl Marx. You deserve to be cursed out in a serious way but then I would be permanently banned so I'm holding back.
I was speaking from a moral standpoint. If an entity makes use of laws that benefit the entity, and are detrimental to another entity, is it moral for the former entity to then commit hypocrisy when no law exists to protect other entities against competition?    

Why would you want to curse out someone pointing out an obvious moral flaw in the business practices of a company? People flog Troy Industries and ARMS Inc for similar reasons.

Correct, but almost no ideas are completely novel and have roots in a previous design. Using patent law to "protect your property"  by suing other companies because they have constant curvature inside their magazine, and then borrowing the very same ideas (internal magazine geometry) from another design for your AK mags because it's not protected in the country of origin is hypocrisy.

I won't buy your PMAGS because the spines split after use, which the AK mags may or may not do (rock and lock vs direct insert against the bolt in AR). I won't buy any of your other products because of your business practices. And also the hubris regularly displayed on this forum.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes folks don't get it. It's pretty obvious to see who is just an overly-opinionated consumer with no experience in patents and product development. I would ignore the obvious trolls, and now the morality police. None of which belongs in a tech forum.

Most of these guys' definition of "hard use" is plinking away at the range, and they're too old to run a mile. The loudest voices talking about "needs" probably don't need them anyway.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I would ignore the obvious trolls, and now the morality police. None of which belongs in a tech forum.
View Quote

+10

I trust Magpul will continue to provide great products to firearms-related consumers, and I have never been disappointed in their products that I've used.

Is there a Moderator in the house?

BTW - Magpul please consider producing a 5.56 AK mag.  Thx!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
System Message
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top