Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're not crazy - Century has been hyping-up the fact that the C39v2 was designed to accept standard AKM furniture even though it uses a milled receiver. The problem is, at least with AKOU's test sample, that it doesn't actually take AKM furniture without some slight modification. Not a big deal if you're talking about a wooden lower handguard; quite a big deal if you're talking about your brand new aluminum ALFA rail. It would appear that Century's marketing and manufacturing arms aren't on speaking terms with one another.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some reason when the Century reps were saying that the c39v2 would take standard furniture I thought they meant stamp furniture. Guess they were talking about standard milled furniture.

You're not crazy - Century has been hyping-up the fact that the C39v2 was designed to accept standard AKM furniture even though it uses a milled receiver. The problem is, at least with AKOU's test sample, that it doesn't actually take AKM furniture without some slight modification. Not a big deal if you're talking about a wooden lower handguard; quite a big deal if you're talking about your brand new aluminum ALFA rail. It would appear that Century's marketing and manufacturing arms aren't on speaking terms with one another.

I believe what Century is referring to is that the previous C39 used the Polish style butt stock, where there are a top and bottom tang. The V2 uses the standard AKM buttstock as far as I know, it sounded like they opened it up to AKM spec over the milled spec. I think there was something screwy with the way the grip mounted too that they changed to being the standard T nut.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for The Input on the folding stock!
I am realy locking forward to see your Stock.
Best reguards,
Rob
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it but I'm seeing key mod burn tattoos in someone's future. Like a Indiana jones bad guy. Lol.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I believe what Century is referring to is that the previous C39 used the Polish style butt stock, where there are a top and bottom tang. The V2 uses the standard AKM buttstock as far as I know, it sounded like they opened it up to AKM spec over the milled spec. I think there was something screwy with the way the grip mounted too that they changed to being the standard T nut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some reason when the Century reps were saying that the c39v2 would take standard furniture I thought they meant stamp furniture. Guess they were talking about standard milled furniture.

No, they specifically say "furniture":

AKM furniture compatible

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GxkK-KsIAWk[/youtube].  (Yeager warning)

AKOU's rifle wasn't too far off the standard - but neither the lower handguard nor the gas tube were direct drop-ins.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:14:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey! ??
When will we see pix of The long rail?
And what will be special on the Alfa folding stock Compared
to the other Adapters on the market?
Thank you.
Rob
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey! ??
When will we see pix of The long rail?
And what will be special on the Alfa folding stock Compared
to the other Adapters on the market?
Thank you.
Rob
View Quote

Bump for pics.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:33:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#10]
any hint at what month we could possibly expect milled?  I wouldnt want to buy something else, like magpul, in april then this comes out in may. Then again, I dont want to wait until september or something to change out my handguard.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Century is sending us a sample C39V2 in the next week or two.  Once we have it in hand we can get exact measurements, then send it to production.  Production usually takes 8-12 weeks depending on how busy things are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
any hint at what month we could possibly expect milled?  I wouldnt want to buy something else, like magpul, in april then this comes out in may. Then again, I dont want to wait until september or something to change out my handguard.

Century is sending us a sample C39V2 in the next week or two.  Once we have it in hand we can get exact measurements, then send it to production.  Production usually takes 8-12 weeks depending on how busy things are.

awesome, thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No pictures yet of either one- the stock adapter is already in production, but we are going to hold off on pictures as there is some patent pending paperwork in the mix on that one.

Extended forend is designed, and goes into the production que in the next week or two.  Also don't want to show pictures just yet until we are a little closer to release.  Just imagine the ALFA rail, only, well, longer.  Like a Boogie Nights version of the  ALFA rail.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

The extended forend is only the bottom section right? If so, any idea when both the top and bottom section will be out?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...and ALFA rail Superlow Picatinny Top Covers should be available next monday.  Just doing a final test or two before we release them for sale.  
View Quote

Are these the gas tube rails or actual railed receiver top covers?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Gas tube top covers.  Top covers for over the bolt carrier are quite a ways out, still a lot of design work to do on those....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...and ALFA rail Superlow Picatinny Top Covers should be available next monday.  Just doing a final test or two before we release them for sale.  

Are these the gas tube rails or actual railed receiver top covers?

Gas tube top covers.  Top covers for over the bolt carrier are quite a ways out, still a lot of design work to do on those....

Roger, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Do these fit Yugo O-Paps?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Is my milled set ready yet ?!?!    :)
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, not yet.  Still waiting on the sample gun, and working on a lot of other stuff in the meantime.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not yet.  Still waiting on the sample gun, and working on a lot of other stuff in the meantime.  

How about an extended lower handguard for Veprs, with an integrated lower handguard retainer? Nice turnkey solution for Vepr owners wanting to go to a more conventional handguard set-up but with all the tacti-coolness and accessory mounting options your metal guards offer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#22]
This the version for 107CR's?

Quoted:
No pictures yet of either one- the stock adapter is already in production, but we are going to hold off on pictures as there is some patent pending paperwork in the mix on that one.

Extended forend is designed, and goes into the production que in the next week or two.  Also don't want to show pictures just yet until we are a little closer to release.  Just imagine the ALFA rail, only, well, longer.  Like a Boogie Nights version of the  ALFA rail.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:00:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Any updates on the stock adapter?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a milled gun to use as a sample? I've got an SLR101R you can borrow.
Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Yea I think a real imported Milled rifle should be used to make the handguard to make sure its the right specs, not a Century, who makes absolutely nothing right

ETA: PLEASE use a "real" milled AK (IE Bulgarian, etc) when you make the milled lower alpha rail. Accordng to Rob Ski / AK operators Union Milled Century C39 v2 rifles, for example, can use Rifle Dynamics adapters which are designed for stamped that NO other milled AK can use, so something is off there big time
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
ALFA rails in ARC LOK are coming off the mill, for all those who don't like Keymod.  

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/ma-11280%20arc%20lok.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/ma-11280%20arc%20lok.jpg</a>
View Quote

Once again I say : about that Vepr handguard.......
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ALFA rails in ARC LOK are coming off the mill, for all those who don't like Keymod.  

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/ma-11280%20arc%20lok.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/ma-11280%20arc%20lok.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's sharp looking!

Dumb question....Is ARC LOK compatible with M-Lok? Or are the two completely separate systems?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the explanation Sven.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
They are separate systems (we actually came out with ARC LOK before Magpul launched M-Lok)

ARC LOK works with our ARC LOK aluminum rail segments and actually with the original Magplul polymer MOE rail segments.  Most MOE accessories will fit to either directly or with very minor modification (and can still be used on MOE after minor modification)

We actually launched ARC LOK and two weeks later Magpul announced M-LOK and that they were doing it to supercede MOE accesories.  Oh well.  

(we also could get into a whole other issue of how Magpul isn't backwards compatible with their own MOE products, yet ARC LOK is!   )
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's sharp looking!

Dumb question....Is ARC LOK compatible with M-Lok? Or are the two completely separate systems?

They are separate systems (we actually came out with ARC LOK before Magpul launched M-Lok)

ARC LOK works with our ARC LOK aluminum rail segments and actually with the original Magplul polymer MOE rail segments.  Most MOE accessories will fit to either directly or with very minor modification (and can still be used on MOE after minor modification)

We actually launched ARC LOK and two weeks later Magpul announced M-LOK and that they were doing it to supercede MOE accesories.  Oh well.  

(we also could get into a whole other issue of how Magpul isn't backwards compatible with their own MOE products, yet ARC LOK is!   )
Magpul plans obsolescence into their products on purpose to generate sales. And they will probably sue you guys if you don't patent ARC LOK before they patent MLOK.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Magpul plans obsolescence into their products on purpose to generate sales. And they will probably sue you guys if you don't patent ARC LOK before they patent MLOK.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's sharp looking!

That's an extremely unfounded comment. MLok is open source, and in fact is only patented to protect the integrity of the system across whatever brands (for free) decide to implement it. Other than MOE slots (which still have plenty of support), I can't think of a single Magpul product that is now even close to "obsolete," so can we get back on topic of Sven's awesome forend?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#37]
NM all of this was covered, from the Swede's mouth as it were

Back on topic
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Just curious here, this is a serious question as I do not know.

What is the purpose of so many different shaped mounting systems. If keymod holds things in place perfectly fine, why is there ARC loks and M-loks? Do they actually do something keymod does not?

I can understand getting rid of 1913  "qiad" rails and going to a mounting system like keymod / arc lok / m-lok so things are smooth where you dont need rails, but I am confused what the difference between the three is
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

+1 to all of that!

And yeah, back to ALFA rails and such.  
View Quote

About that Vepr handguard.......lots of Vepr owners out here Sven.....and I have a couple ideas you should hear.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Shoot me an email to info@manticorearms if you have some ideas.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 to all of that!

And yeah, back to ALFA rails and such.  

About that Vepr handguard.......lots of Vepr owners out here Sven.....and I have a couple ideas you should hear.

Shoot me an email to info@manticorearms if you have some ideas.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Will do!

While i'm at it, I PM'ed Tyler the other day about that prototype M92 he posted that has your handguards on it, I don't like folding stocks, so was thinking a fixed triangle stock like you guys have would be perfect on that rifle, it's already got the handguards and you guys have a working relationship, so could you put a bug in his ear when you have time and tell him what an extraordinarily good idea this is?

Was thinking a shim of some type would be good too, to correct that slight downward slant the M92 has, bonus: machine it a little thick so as to be able to make an integral sling loop sticking out the side, pretty much like an AR lockplate that has this type of attachment. They work great if you run a single point sling especially.

ETA: well the ideas I had for a Vepr HG aren't complex at all so this is a good place to jot them down and maybe others might chime in with what they think.

Vepr handguard: My first thought was yes, make one that attaches to the factory location with it's odd-sized screw, and that has some merit, but maybe even better would be to make one with an integrated front handguard retainer, the aftermarket ones for Vepr are just clamps basically, whether two piece or one piece, seems simple enough. And this also frees up the possibilities with regards to length, I mention this because I am a fan of longer handguards anyway, the standard AK's length is just too short for me. I like how the Yugo's have an inch longer handguards, they look better to me too, more evenly proportioned than short handguards and lots of barrel sticking out. More room too for accessories to be mounted via keymod etc.

So a Yugo length lower with integrated retainer, be nice if someone would make a Yugo-type gas tube cut to AKM standard length, but it's easy as hell to DIY, there's only a half inch of metal on the front that needs to come off and then re-flare, and a tiny amount of work on the rear lug to fit the Vepr trunnion.

Here's what the Vepr looks like with modified gas tube/handguard, the lower is a factory piece I cut back to just in front of the mounting block, you can kind of look and see where a yugo-length lower would go to by looking at where the top guard ends.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#44]
hmmm.......well then when you guys do make the milled alpha, skip the keymod and go straight to the arc lok!
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
That's an extremely unfounded comment. MLok is open source, and in fact is only patented to protect the integrity of the system across whatever brands (for free) decide to implement it. Other than MOE slots (which still have plenty of support), I can't think of a single Magpul product that is now even close to "obsolete," so can we get back on topic of Sven's awesome forend?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's sharp looking!

Three gens of mags, two gens of BUIS, AFG, MOE, etc.

Magpul also sued ETS for having a front and rear leg on their magazine followers.

Do some research before making unfounded comments

You can bet Magpul would have sued Manticore if the MLOK patent would have been filed first, that's how they do business.

Awesome handguard Sven. If you make them in Krink or M92 PAP pattern I'll buy a couple. I do think the keymod looks nicer on shorter handguards but I'm not that picky. Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Yu-Go! Yu-Go! Yu-Go! Yu-Go!
Page / 9
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top