BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 5:37:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Cool, but isn't Czechpoint-USA still in business?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
You are correct. The older VZ58s that came in country had 15.5 inch barrels and were made in the former Czechoslovakia. ( Hard to find.) The new ones have 16.5 inch barrels and are made in Germany according to the new website. D-Technik is now Czech Small Arms.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are correct. The older VZ58s that came in country had 15.5 inch barrels and were made in the former Czechoslovakia. ( Hard to find.) The new ones have 16.5 inch barrels and are made in Germany according to the new website. D-Technik is now Czech Small Arms.
View Quote

Odd, the website says the current location of CSA and it's factory for the vz58 is  Jablunka, Czech Republic. They do import barrels from Lothar Walther and the German importer is  Waffen Schumacher...but.......

Also, the second listing shows it was manufactured in the Czech Republic just like the current ones, not Czechoslovakia (they are not the same country per se and I have been to both). Unless you mean to say that it would be roll marked Czech Republic as well, then yes the ones listed were made in the Czech Republic as are CSA's. Did you mean they were made by CZ instead of CSA/D-Technick?

And at 15.5" those previous units would be SBR's.....were they not 16"?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Odd, the website says the current location of CSA and it's factory for the vz58 is  Jablunka, Czech Republic. They do import barrels from Lothar Walther and the German importer is  Waffen Schumacher...but.......

Also, the second listing shows it was manufactured in the Czech Republic just like the current ones, not Czechoslovakia (they are not the same country per se and I have been to both). Unless you mean to say that it would be roll marked Czech Republic as well, then yes the ones listed were made in the Czech Republic as are CSA's. Did you mean they were made by CZ instead of CSA/D-Technick?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Due to the Communist crap I understood it was all made in Czechoslovakia. The 15.5" had permanently attached muzzle brake due to ATF regs. To deban them you had to send them in to Czech point and they would do it for you but installed something else to stay within the regs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Due to the Communist crap I understood it was all made in Czechoslovakia. The 15.5" had permanently attached muzzle brake due to ATF regs. To deban them you had to send them in to Czech point and they would do it for you but installed something else to stay within the regs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, as far as I can tell from the pictures on those listings those are D-Technik guns as well made in the Czech Republic. Now the "made" part is somewhat odd as I recall that D-Technik was/is using demilled CZ vz58's and rebuilding them on new semi-auto receivers like what was being done by Cugir in Romania for various AK's and derivatives they have/had sold. From my understanding, some of the parts are drying up and CSA has started making some of their own parts. The usage of the Lothar Walther barrels would jive with this as well since everyone was hit that stupid ATF ruling on machine gun barrels and the usage of the Lothar Walther barrels would allow them to keep using the kits parts with new receiver and barrels to be US legal.....and making hammer forged barrels in house for the small runs of guns that D-Technik/CSA has done would be ridiculously expensive since that hammer forge is going to be amortized over very few products.

That is why I asked about Czechpoint.......but I could be wrong
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell I'll be the first to admit my reading on this rifle is limited. I had one really liked it but the unique magazine was the deciding factor on selling it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Ohoooo. Not impressed. How about trying to get some of the followers of that forum to distinguish between a VZ2008 and VZ58 instead of making a comment like an ass.
Let me make it short. One runs like a top and the other well good fricking luck.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I sold my VZ58 for $1200 a few months back. Beautiful gun. For $770 that's a good deal. VZ58 > VZ2008 even at price difference.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ohoooo. Not impressed. How about trying to get some of the followers of that forum to distinguish between a VZ2008 and VZ58 instead of making a comment like an ass.
Let me make it short. One runs like a top and the other well good fricking luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm an ass...yet you're the dummy posting about VZ58s in the AK forum
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#11]
It's a way of giving folks a heads up on rifles or items of interest. Folks always like leads on stuff and recipricate.  Always been this way on various forums. Guess folks like you just don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's a way of giving folks a heads up on rifles or items of interest. Folks always like leads on stuff and recipricate.  Always been this way on various forums. Guess folks like you just don't get it.
View Quote

You should post it in the Glock and Uzi forums too.  They like spam heads up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]
It's amazing to me how many people think these guns are an AK variant. At the shows where we sell a few Century 2008's I have to tell people the only thing they have in common is the fact that they both shoot 7.62x39. They reply that the mags are the same, & when I pull out one of each & they inspect them closely, they reply "never mind". We sell whatever we bring to the show, & our customers never complain about the gun. But to me it's just amazing how many people think the 2 totally different platforms are the same gun.  GARY
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I'll do it here if it's AK related. If it's rare or unique I will still do it. As others graciously done.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
easy, easy, easy. I for one appreciate the heads up. Been thinking on one but not ready to go for it.

Next thing you know the 922r police will show up....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top