Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2014 8:52:22 PM EDT
Whether on EE or elsewhere, it seems there are a lot fewer private sales these days, yet from online dealers they are readily available.
Just me?

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean "deals" or just volume in general? It's a crappy market right now for everybody selling.

I've got a few AK's that I plan on selling, but I'm not looking forward to wading through the nonsense that now accompanies each EE posting. It's almost not even worth the effort.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean just volume in general.  Even on the EE as of a few years back, there seemed to be far more AK's listed than lately.  Same for other boards.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The pendulum just swung to the furthest point away from the last panic. People already spent a lot trying to tie loose ends during the ban scare. Now they have what they want (mostly) and aren't looking to spend more, or they're lulled by the slow market into thinking this is some longterm event.

The only reason why the 2A hasn't been challenged lately is due to the midterm elections. Democrats in key states are loathe to touch the subject for fear of the backlash by their conservative constituency. I don't doubt for a moment that it will pick right back up after midterms or the next high profile incident.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, It looks to me like people are selling 5.45 rifles left and right. But maybe that's just because I'm not looking for a '74, so of course that's all I find.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I say they're going to have the next high profile incident happen after the elections just so they can get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:23:48 AM EDT
[#7]
There are tons for sale locally, but no one's buying, because they're still priced like it's 2012.

Local guys wants $1,200 for a used Mini Draco ($439 new) with SB47 brace ($120 new) and Midwest quad rail ($109 new) LOL
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are tons for sale locally, but no one's buying, because they're still priced like it's 2012.

Local guys wants $1,200 for a used Mini Draco ($439 new) with SB47 brace ($120 new) and Midwest quad rail ($109 new) LOL
View Quote

This right here.
Sellers want what they paid back during the panic.
Not happening.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#9]
some items are still selling out,  like the PAP M92,  I just got bit by that bug and was lucky to get one.

and I have been buying up magazines and parts as I get the extra cash.  Its sad we have to look at stuff like that now.

so my advice to anyone looking is get what you think you might want now that the prices are cheap.  the elections are just a month away

so as the poster said above its just a matter of time.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone wants to sell for a premium but buy at 15yrs ago prices.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Sales are just slow right now. When our store goes to the Ft. Myers Florida show, the attendees are all walking around with personal guns to sell, but they don't buy any. We've really cut back on that show, as we are there to sell guns, not buy them. The powers that be realize the mere mention of any ban will cause thousands of units to be sold. There are always a few well to doer's who can afford the newest gotta have it, but most gun show attendees are living paycheck to paycheck with maxed out cc's. My boss keeps saying things need to get better, but he's had a great run over the years, & is close to the end of the line.  GARY
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Ironically NOW is the best time to buy and nobody's buying, yet when prices will inevitably double on a 'panic' the buyers will be out in droves.  It's pure human nature, perceived scarcity starts a run on an item and a glut causes prices to sag and people to forego buying the item even though it's the BEST time to buy...of course smart people buy during gluts and sell during 'panics'  Works with stocks also, 'buy low, sell high'  BTW it's not all bad, sold an AK74 on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago for what I considered a pretty good price, but it took 2 months to sell it...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I just sold a slr105 on GB and it sold at $735 plus shipping.
It went thru a 7 day auction at 695 with no bids first time out.
I looked for months trying to find a nice 105 awhile back.
I loved 5.45 but am getting out for now.
I'm in school at 46yo trying to become a class one machinist.
Dont have much "extra" cash nowadays so sticking with 7.62

On the flip side I bought a Belgium hi power with a T s/n prefix for $270 plus shipping on GB.
Has a little pitting on one side of slide from storage, but very little wear from use.
Its one you can shoot as is, or slick up.

Yea, the market is slack at this moment.
It wont last though.
Interesting times ahead.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:44:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Back in the Spring I sold all of mine except 2.  Got my asking prices from members here and they were all happy.  Looks like very little available from importers currently other than Yugo rifles and maybe Polish rifles.  Are WASRs still being imported?  Local dealers that carried them didn't have any in ads for the last 6 months or so.  

I don't need anything anymore, just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Our store just got a few Wasr's in last week.  GARY
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
People can't get the panic prices they paid last year so they're sitting on what they have now and waiting for the 16 elections.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I've never used the EE, but I frequently browse a local private sale forum. Some of those mofos want full MSRP for heavily used stuff.

Idk how the EE here is though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top