Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2014 10:05:45 PM EDT
I'm not asking about folding braces, I just want to know if there are other options available.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like it so far
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
lots of guys are using ace hinges tapped into the back of receivers and using AR pistol tubes with SIG braces
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't wait until the folding SBX braces come out, so I can do this

The SB47 is serving its purpose at the moment, but I'm not a fan of the "fork" attachment whatsoever
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't wait until the folding SBX braces come out, so I can do this

http://i.imgur.com/Hox91Sj.png

The SB47 is serving its purpose at the moment, but I'm not a fan of the "fork" attachment whatsoever
View Quote

I'm pretty sure US Machinegun makes an adapter that has the rail system like that, so you don't have to tap the receiver, you just put the adapter in between the pistol grip and the receiver like the SB-47

if you're into that sorta thang
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather tap the receiver, or weld the rail section on, so it's as clean/light/lopro as possible.

The usmachinegun adapter is THICK.  Twice as thick as the SB47 fork, and the SB47 fork is too thick already.

And the one they sent me is crooked in the back.  Damn $70 paperweight.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
If you dont like the "fork" attachment, I saw someone weld a castle nut to the back plate and put an M4 buffer tube and SB-15 on instead.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you dont like the "fork" attachment, I saw someone weld a castle nut to the back plate and put an M4 buffer tube and SB-15 on instead.
View Quote

So it's still considered a pistol if you mount a pig nosed adapter, use an AR buffer tube and then use the SB brace?  Does anyone just sell the arm brace part of the SB brace?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd rather tap the receiver, or weld the rail section on, so it's as clean/light/lopro as possible.

The usmachinegun adapter is THICK.  Twice as thick as the SB47 fork, and the SB47 fork is too thick already.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2zom4b7.jpg

And the one they sent me is crooked in the back.  Damn $70 paperweight.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/juk5k8.jpg
View Quote

The US Machinegun forks are aluminum, are they not?  The SB47 forks are steel (very robust IMO).   I had a US Machinegun adapter and it was absolute crap.  When I called in about my issue that mine had, I got nothing more than attitude and smart ass responses.  I will never buy another one of their crap products.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So it's still considered a pistol if you mount a pig nosed adapter, use an AR buffer tube and then use the SB brace?  Does anyone just sell the arm brace part of the SB brace?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just buy the SB15 for an AR
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

An AK pistol with AR pistol parts is still a pistol.
A pistol is a pistol and pistol parts are pistol parts.

Quoted:
The US Machinegun forks are aluminum, are they not?  The SB47 forks are steel (very robust IMO).   I had a US Machinegun adapter and it was absolute crap.  When I called in about my issue that mine had, I got nothing more than attitude and smart ass responses.  I will never buy another one of their crap products.

Yes, it's aluminum, and the machining & finishing are piss poor.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the SB47 use a AR buffer tube? Is the actual brace on the SB47 the same as the SB15 brace? I guess what I'm asking is can I put a KAK buffer tube on SB 47?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does the SB47 use a AR buffer tube? Is the actual brace on the SB47 the same as the SB15 brace? I guess what I'm asking is can I put a KAK buffer tube on SB 47?
View Quote

The SB47 does not, and the brace is the same style, but the SB15 slides onto an M4 buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Drilling and tapping the receiver to add the ace adapter wasn't that hard. Just be patient and make sure your as level as possible.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#14]
What's a good folding stock adapter that's in stock? I think I know everything else that I need to order.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Midway has Ace folding mechanisms in stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I have seen people purchase the AR adapter from here http://www.usak47.com/ and use a KAK or other pistol tube.  This looks like the thinest fork adapter that also has has bar to prevent it slipping off to the rear.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's a good folding stock adapter that's in stock? I think I know everything else that I need to order.
View Quote

Bonesteel Arms folding stocks
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I finally got around to ordering everything that I need to complete my M92. It set me back $285 but it will be titties once it's done.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I just bought my M92 with SB47 because I'm too impatient to wait for the SBX, so I've already decided I'm just going to have to buy a Pap in 5.56 or a 5.45 AK pistol when the SBX comes out. No real way for me to get around that. ;)
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#20]
My item as arrived this weekend. I installed them and I am one happy camper. Pics should be posted tomorrow.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top