Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 3:18:34 PM EDT
Ok here she is. How did i do. This is my first AK. The wood looks great seems smooth. The gun has not been shot that much and needs a bit of a cleaning. It has been sitting in my work buddies closet since the late 80s...

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
He shoots!  He scores!

Very nice rifle!   You did good.  I was following your other thread.  Glad to see it worked out for you.  
I won't ask what ya got it for as to not get the thread locked.  If ya got a good deal that makes it even sweeter.

Get that sucker to the range and put some rounds through it!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I can't wait to get it out.  I will just say I got it for less than 501 dollars ??
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That's certainly a great find and collectible too. These are said to be early imports from the Norinco factory before it was known as such. Also, If you do a search you will find some interesting history behind the importer Armco. I have the exact same rifle, new in box.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't see a 3rd hole or pop rivets, LOL, so it appears that you did very well, very well indeed.  If it hasn't been shot and is new in the box, you could hold it as an investment or sell it and buy a nice arsenal in any caliber and a milled CAI under-folder and have a 5.45 (the best there is IMO) and a great 7.2 shooter.  If NIB don't shoot it!  Pull that trigger and think of burning 5 or more $100 crisp, new, colorful bills.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddy from work is the original owner and did shoot it already just not very much. I took it to the range today and put a 100 rounds through it. Holy shit is it a great shooter and accurate. I know they are short but it felt very short when shooting it. Now what to do??? leave it stock? change the furniture? But I understand the attraction to this weapon..
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy from work is the original owner and did shoot it already just not very much. I took it to the range today and put a 100 rounds through it. Holy shit is it a great shooter and accurate. I know they are short but it felt very short when shooting it. Now what to do??? leave it stock? change the furniture? But I understand the attraction to this weapon..
View Quote

Leave it stock, or at least don't make any permanent mods. It's worth more than twice what you paid.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I did ask for the value on here and interested to see what he tells me.. I cant wait to get it back to the range.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#8]
That rifle i personally wouldn't make any mods to.  My reasoning is that rifle is 100% chinese made in the same factory with the same parts by the same people making military rifles.  Hence the reliability and durability.  It's not to say a civilian made product.

If you want to trick one out go buy an yugo npap or roman wasr or similiar.

All my shtf zombie ak's are stock chinese. I shoot them, train with them etc.  If i ever need them i want to have the best of the best and in my opinion the 100% chinese rifles fit that requirement.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input. I am very impressed with how its built and the more i mess with it I think I am just going to leave it. Maybe just something to see the sight pin a touch better..
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top