Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 7:50:02 PM EDT
Do AKs go on any good sales or is now the time to buy?

Thanks guys.

Have 500-600 to spend on base rifle.

Been told to consider: WASR, npap, opap, yugo
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
this is relevant to my interests also
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You never know what is going to happen between now and then, with the elections, etc. I don't trust the tards in DC, so I have been trying to get all the imported stuff now...before Nov...that I can. I'm not panicking, but right now is a good time for buyers (with the mag prices, etc).

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You never know what is going to happen between now and then
View Quote

This. Besides, it's a great time to buy an AK in your price range. WASR/NPAP/OPAP prices are slowly going downward, but I can't see them dropping significantly below $500, even on Black Friday (maybe a $400 WASR, but do you really want to forgo two-months of AK gloriousness just to save $100?). The Century-built M70B1 and M70AB2 seem to be going UP in price, not down.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Good info.  Thanks for the perspective.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
It;s been quite a while since prices are as low as they are right now.  Prices could go down a little more but something could happen to make the go crazy again.  I'd buy now if you want something.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy now while you can
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#8]
For your budget.....Go with the Npap or Opap.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy now!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Words of wisdom here.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy now while you can
Words of wisdom here.  

Indeed
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I always see people asking if they should wait for black Friday sales. I don't think I've ever seen a black Friday sale worth getting excited over.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want to wait, I say wait but I would have to agree with everyone in the above posts. I think at a very minimum buy at LEAST 10x-15x 30rd surplus metal mags, they are around $10-$15. I have not seen them that low in a long time. If thinks go to sh*t, they are the first thing to go. Just my two cents on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Me personally I would buy now. All u need is another idiot or two shooting up the place and these idiot politicians wanting to ban it all. Prices haven't been lower in awhile. Just like telling my buddies if u want an ar-15 now is the time to do it. Lowers for $40 and complete uppers for about $300. AK's years ago were cheaper but they haven't gone up that much where u would wait another couple months. Like someone else said if you are gonna hold off on the rifle start buying some mags and ammo then.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Buy now. Grab an OPAP or NPAP and mags. You never know what the future holds and either of these rifles are 5-600 which is a steal.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Last Black Friday was the height of my AK enthusiasm. I eagerly waited for sales of AK platform rifles, or even accessories. They never came.

I had to assume it's because many of them come from over seas sporadically, or even in the cases of on a semi regular schedule it's usually a very specific amount that the vendors want in stock.

With an AR produced domestically, vendors can make great deals cause they can order extra a week ahead of time, have them ready to go in boxes, and if they run low, order more to their warehouses. The "flip" time is very short

With AK's a vendor could order extra's prior to Black Friday, but what if the shipment runs late coming from over seas? A vendor getting crates of AK's on Oct. 4 after everyone has spent their fun money a few days earlier, then has money tied up in inventory that is not moving as fast. If they order the shipment 3 or 4 weeks early to make sure this doesn't happen, then they sit on inventory for the month prior to BF.

That's my guess.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]
If you end up on a WASR J&G has a pretty good deal going on right now with a 'free' 75rd Drum mag. I ordered on the other day, the deal has been going for a week or 2 so you may want to act fast.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Keep buying everyday whenever you see a good deal and Black Friday and X'Mas then you know you did not miss any good deal! I did not see much good deal in the last year's Black Friday sales.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Seems like gun deals are pretty random without much rhyme or reason. Best bet is to have the money in hand and keep scouring internet forums for the best deals. Or just spend the extra $100 if you must have it now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top