Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 5:43:35 PM EDT
I have been upgrading my AK to suit my needs.  Tonight a thought popped into my head:

Can I take a HK Detachable Fixed Rear Diopter Sight that attaches to a flattop Ar, and combine it with a TWS Dog Leg Mount and the sight picture still work?

this

Plus

Equal something like this sight picture?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That rear sight will be so much higher than the front sight that you won't be able to adjust the elevation enough to zero it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That rear sight will be so much higher than the front sight that you won't be able to adjust the elevation enough to zero it.
View Quote

OK.  I was just asking. I modified the rear sight of my AK to work for me all the time.  But I thought that if this would work I could get a longer sight picture.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool.  If a longer sight radius is all your after, this peep sight is designed to work with the TWS rail and a standard AK front sight.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be thinking about it.  Next on my list is OD green handguards before I change my sight
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone mated HK drum sight with the TWS rail, but it required a little bit of work. See HERE.

ETA: It will not be detachable though (i.e., permanent install).
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget about the Kel Tec SU-16 sights.

They have 3 choices.

- Basic polymer peep sight
- Metal peep sight, windage adjustable
- Metal buck sight (open), windage adjustable

The metal ones run around $30 while the polymer set up is about $5.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone mated HK drum sight with the TWS rail, but it required a little bit of work. See HERE.

ETA: It will not be detachable though (i.e., permanent install).
View Quote

I've seen them welded directly to the top cover, with HK-style front sight.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top