Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2014 2:22:58 PM EDT
I recently picked up some AK bayonets from a friend of mine and I could really use some help in identifying the style, country of origin, value, etc. I am sure just like anything else, this will all depend on condition, rarity, etc. I have taken many pictures and can take more if needed. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Romanian or Hungarian

Romanian or Hungarian

Russian (if there is an arrow inside of the triangle) or otherwise Polish. If Russian I don't think the sheath is correct.

Russian

These are my best guesses.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The top two are Romanian.
The scabbards are marked with the serial number of a rifle (the bayonets should be marked with the same number). The "S" in the serial number identifies the matching rifle as as one made for the Romanian "national guard" manufactured after 1980. When they were common, these bayonets cost about $10.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Top two Romanian as stated, third one is Polish, and last one is an earlier issue Russian AK47 (milled) type.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all of the help, guys. The link has been extremely helpful in telling me that my bayonets aren't worth a damn. LOL.

Appreciate it. Got a new post up with wood furniture help.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top