Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:54:10 AM EDT
Check this out... I want the Gold Edition.  If you have an extra $5k burning a hole in your pocket, you might want to pick up one of these signed AK74's.  There's only 100 of the Gold Editions out there and it's certain to be a collectors dream come true.  If you don't have $5k, perhaps the Silver Edition is something that might interest you.  No signature, but it's a few grand less and still pretty impressive looking.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a strange urge to buy one and then beat the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Now if John Moses Browning signed a 1911 I'd have a hard time passing that up!  Interesting they are being imported into the US.  Not familiar enough with Russian Civilian Ownership laws, but I would have assumed they would have been snatched up pretty easily considering their love for the man.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a strange urge to buy one and then beat the crap out of it.

I'm seriously considering it.   Not to beat up but I'll certainly shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I see the Silver jubilee rifles on K-Var, but no Gold. Maybe they sold out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
They've been around for a long time now. At least since the 105 was released. Probably from the original batch of Jubilee rifles.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Did they say anything about when SGL31s are coming in again?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
That'd be cool from a collector's stand point, but I'd personally prefer a rifle that gets used. Though if I had a few grand to blow to decorate a study or something that'd be a nice showcase.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
that is an awesome AK!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Who the hell is Kalishnakov? I want one signed by Mikhail Kalashnikov....

Also, you would think it might have some nicer furniture on it at that price. Maybe a triangle folder, at least.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the furnature thats on it. its more original.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw your youtube video today about that Mac. Very cool piece, nice to see KVar bringing that type of stuff into the marketplace.

Also liked your videos on the Colt USMC 1911, and the SAM7 pistol.

Good work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Also, you would think it might have some nicer furniture on it at that price. Maybe a triangle folder, at least.

+1. I hate mispronunciation.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. I hate mispronunciation.

Seems like the rep would at least know the man's name and how to say it. His efforts were worth at least that much consideration and respect.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess these haven't sold all that well since they have been out for a few years.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like a fun item for AK enthusiasts, but let's be honest, here.  It's ugly, for one thing.

And a separate certificate with MTK's signature (not exactly an "autographed rife") is not worth an extra $1500.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess these haven't sold all that well since they have been out for a few years.

Yeah, it's sorta cool I guess, but it's just a gussied-up SGL-31.  

I'd have to be having an existential cash surplus problem to pony up $3,500 for that.  Seems like most others feel the same since these have been on the market for a few years now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top