Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:24:16 AM EDT
I have a vepr in 7.62x54r. The gas block has numbers and i can move it. I guess is a gas regulator but I don't know how the gas regulator works. will appreciate any input. thanks

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
the hole in the regulator bleeds off excess gas.  The larger the hole, the less gas pressure
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the hole in the regulator bleeds off excess gas.  The larger the hole, the less gas pressure

what is the purpose of changing the gas pressure?   depending of the ammo like heavier vs light or something like that?
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#3]
yes, heavier ammo will have more pressure generally.  The point is to get your rifle running reliably with the least wear and terar and felt recoil.  Overgassing will shorten the life of your rifle, and increase felt recoil.  Undergassing can cause short strokes.  An adjustable regulator lets you tune the gas to the load you are using.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I would find the lowest setting that would reliably cycle it with a certain ammo, then go up one notch.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you for all the info guys. I really appreciate. I'll have to play with it like you said 1saxman, gonna start from the lowest and see how it goes then go up from there.     thanks!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top