Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2012 3:07:37 PM EDT
I recently had a Bulgarian AKS-74 built off a new demilled parts kit (with original barrel) on a new NDS receiver.  The builder did an awesome job but when I got the completed rifle back today I noticed the FSB and AK-74 brake seemed a bit "off".  Upon further inspection, it appears the brake detent on the front of the FSB wasn't drilled in the center of the FSB.  As shown in the photos below, you can see that it was actually drilled a little to the left of center.

Is this a common occurrence on the Bulgarian FSBs?  Obviously this won't affect the function of the rifle but I was curious if others with Bulgarian AKS-74s had noticed this same issue or if mine was unique.  I've also included picture of the proof stamp on the FSB to help verify its Bulgarian origin.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow! I would have never noticed that. Honestly, I've never once looked to see if all mine were drilled straight. That's a totally inconsequential thing and I wouldn't give it a second thought. The fit and finish from the builder looks great from what I can tell. Some pics of the rest of the rifle would be awesome just to show it off.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Mines like that too! I never noticed it either.. Congrats on the rifle! I consider the bulgy aks the best ak ever built, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't thikn I recall ever seen one off like that before, but it doesn't surprise me. The good news, the FSB is relatively cheap and can be replaced fairly easily. So if it bugs you , get a take off one. I've had a 98% success rate of having the holes line up.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The builder did a great job so I don't think I'm going to replace it.  I was just curious if it was a common theme with Bulgarian AK-74s or not.  Thanks for the replies so far.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top