Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2012 7:38:00 PM EDT
I was lucky enough to get one of the first pistols on J&G.  I got mine in this week and picked it up last night from my FFL.  Once I looked the pistol over at home for a thorough cleaning and inspection I noticed the front trunnion/gas block seems to be crooked some.  Is this common or should I send this back for warranty work?  I was rather disappointed!

Link Posted: 9/14/2012 5:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can zero it I wouldn't worry.  By the looks of it, you'll be able to but you never know until you send some rounds downrange.  

But, it's your gun––-your call.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you can zero it I wouldn't worry.  By the looks of it, you'll be able to but you never know until you send some rounds downrange.  

But, it's your gun––-your call.

+1

Besides, there are folks that have reported just like most batches of Euro AK's to of had canted front/rear sights. So, if you send this in they will more than likely get you a new one and there is no saying it won't have one of the issues described above.

I think that is probably sound advice the only thing I'm concerned about is the bolt carrier.  It looks like it slightly rubs on the right side.  I took another picture with the bolt carrier in the gun.  What do you think?

Link Posted: 9/14/2012 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The only way to know is to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#6]
That is twisted. I was stoked when I herd they were going to be available. It is hard to beleive that was built in the Yugo AK factory. I thought the biggest downer was the non chrome lined BBL. I would request an exchange. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is twisted. I was stoked when I herd they were going to be available. It is hard to beleive that was built in the Yugo AK factory. I thought the biggest downer was the non chrome lined BBL. I would request an exchange. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck.

They don't produce their military M92's with chrome lined barrels, so why would they do it for the US market?
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't produce their military M92's with chrome lined barrels, so why would they do it for the US market?

Who is turning these things into Krinks?  That's the question.
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Who is turning these things into Krinks? That's the question.

My hunch? Century.

Just because the parts came from Serbian or Yugo guns does not mean the guns were assembled at Zastava. If they were, it was on the, "Oh, these are going to those pigs in America" assembly line. The chrome-lined barrels are probably American, and the guns could very well have final assy here in the states. This would be the rare occasion where a foreign item was imported in parts, assembled here, but the maker did not state "Made in USA," simply out of marketing prowess.

They know US-made AKs are less desireable to many collectors.

OP: That one looks pretty canted. Did you buy from local dealer? If so, go get an exchange, or have them ship it to supplier for warranty work. It's brand new for cryin' out loud.

As for, "you'll probably get one back with similar problems," well, if you do, send it back again. (Have dealer do it.) Keep pestering them until it's right. $550-$650 for a $300 gun is not really a bargain.

If you bought from an online vendor, call them and ask for an RMA/call tag. Try to get them to eat shipping!!! That crap adds-up.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My hunch? Century.

Just because the parts came from Serbian or Yugo guns does not mean the guns were assembled at Zastava. If they were, it was on the, "Oh, these are going to those pigs in America" assembly line. The chrome-lined barrels are probably American, and the guns could very well have final assy here in the states. This would be the rare occasion where a foreign item was imported in parts, assembled here, but the maker did not state "Made in USA," simply out of marketing prowess.

The barrels aren't chrome lined in the PAPs.

And for the rest of your theory... lmao
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My hunch? Century.

OP: That one looks pretty canted. Did you buy from local dealer? If so, go get an exchange, or have them ship it to supplier for warranty work. It's brand new for cryin' out loud.

As for, "you'll probably get one back with similar problems," well, if you do, send it back again. (Have dealer do it.) Keep pestering them until it's right. $550-$650 for a $300 gun is not really a bargain.

If you bought from an online vendor, call them and ask for an RMA/call tag. Try to get them to eat shipping!!! That crap adds-up.

Just my .02

LOL. Your .02 about the M92 pistols is baloney.
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The problem with this is each time your dealer gets another gun, there's another transfer fee, & background check, as it's another gun. If you get your original gun back, you only have shipping charges to Century to deal with.  GARY

Link Posted: 9/19/2012 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with this is each time your dealer gets another gun, there's another transfer fee, & background check, as it's another gun. If you get your original gun back, you only have shipping charges to Century to deal with.  GARY

First, thanks to everybody that posted.  I decided to call Century because they can mail the gun back directly to my house after they determine what needs to be done (repair/replace).  After talking to them, they had a few in stock for replacement and I won't have to worry about a wait.  I originally bought it from J & G Sales which has always been pretty good to deal with except this time they don't have any in stock to replace it with.  They said it would probably be a month before they get another shipment.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top