Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 3/23/2012 10:59:32 AM
So after waiting for a month on an order of Bulgarian polymer AK47 magazines from sksman only to have the price jump $10 a mag, I cancelled that order and placed an order with Copes based on positive press I'd heard about them here. My question is how long does an order usually take to get filled? It's been about.a week now and while I didn't expect to have them in my hands yet, I did expect that they would be fully processed and on their way. Unfortunately for me, I checked their status and it still says processing... Please tell me I'm not getting screwed on my order or in for a long wait.
cfpkiller
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:15:39 AM
They are slow, took them a week and a half to ship my order last year before the busy scare thats going on now.
amadeus76
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:27:47 AM
If I would have known that I'd have gone thru kvar...
mouthpiece
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:35:14 AM
I seriously doubt you'll get screwed.
I've been ordering from them for several years and always had good results.
AEnemaBay
2111 - USMC
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 12:00:28 PM
Originally Posted By amadeus76:

My order from K-Var is on day 5 so far with no email, status update, nothing. Everything is going to take longer with all the panic buying that's happening. So grab a beer, sit down, and be patient.
"Nothing says 'come to my tree stand for a good cornholing' more than a Browning Buckmark sticker on your oversized truck." - dport

"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.
Liquidmetal
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 12:36:34 PM
[Last Edit: 3/23/2012 12:38:46 PM by Liquidmetal]

Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
Originally Posted By amadeus76:

My order from K-Var is on day 5 so far with no email, status update, nothing. Everything is going to take longer with all the panic buying that's happening. So grab a beer, sit down, and be patient.

K-Var waited 3 weeks to tell me my .308 Vepr mags were on backorder. I already figured that before their e-mail, but it's a good thing I wasn't in a hurry for a status update. Order status said "processing" the whole time.
A 9mm might expand to .45, but a .45 will never shrink to 9mm.
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
BigAKFan
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 1:04:40 PM
Wow, every company mentioned in this thread belongs in a toilet bowl.
AEnemaBay
2111 - USMC
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 1:08:16 PM
Originally Posted By BigAKFan:
Wow, every company mentioned in this thread belongs in a toilet bowl.

"Nothing says 'come to my tree stand for a good cornholing' more than a Browning Buckmark sticker on your oversized truck." - dport

"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.
671ar
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 5:35:22 PM
dont know if copes distributing belongs in a toilet bowl, have orderd stuff from them over the phone, and got updates through e mail, on my orders being processed and date when shipped out w/tracking #s. even though they have to send it 7632.25 miles to get to me, it still gets here within 1-2 weeks at the most. big thumbs up for copes
mellisallen
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2012 5:53:17 PM
ive never had a problem with copes, ive ordered numerous times and i dont think its ever been more than a week before its at my door, (except when UPS delivered my stuff to andress two towns over)
GrantS
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2012 8:09:25 AM
You will definately get them. Truthfully I'm surprised it is taking this long. I've ordered alot and the longest ship time was 48 hours.
ATLANTIC-FIREARMS
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2012 8:13:04 AM
[Last Edit: 3/24/2012 8:13:53 AM by ATLANTIC-FIREARMS]
Copes has been around for quite some time and is a good firm they do not rip people off but could be backed up a bit on shipping like most firms are now. If you have concerns why post this on the web>> it is always best to contact the vendor first.
Atlantic Firearms.com
www.atlanticfirearms.com
sales@atlanticfirearms.com
purevl2
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2012 8:28:08 AM
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
Copes has been around for quite some time and is a good firm they do not rip people off but could be backed up a bit on shipping like most firms are now. If you have concerns why post this on the web>> it is always best to contact the vendor first.

I would have to agree with Atlantic. Copes has always done me right and I believe their website even notes that they are SLAMMED due to the stupid panic buying.

If you wanted unparalleled service you should have bought 8 months ago or in a year from now.

Even K-Var, who has had notoriously bad service has REALLY stepped up their game. I recently ordered a FSB and was only charged $5 for shipping after emailing their delightful customer service rep, Michelle.

Vendors like Atlantic and AIM, however, have and will always have great customer service, despite how busy they get.
93Nighthawk
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2012 8:36:26 AM
Roger has never done anything wrong by me. I ordered some clips from him a couple weeks back and he got them to me in the same week. Like Atlantic said, contact Roger and see what is going on.
1saxman
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2012 9:57:30 AM
Copes is a very reliable company. You have nothing to worry about. The suggestion that they 'belong in a toilet' is slanderous and completely unfounded. Some day people will be accountable for public bad-mouthing.
eric496
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2012 10:13:41 AM
Last time I ordered from Cope's the order status was still "processing" when my package arrived. That's fine with me, filling orders is a better use of their time than updating thousands of statuses on the web site.

As someone else said, relax and grab a beer. They're not going to rip you off. The panic has begun and delays are expected.
NRA Life Endowment member
Marco
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:17:01 AM
Always done well by me. Sometimes a little long sometimes pretty fast. Check you bank account to see if its pending or processed.
Sometimes its not the Merchant. Unless it was an MO.
amadeus76
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 11:37:17 AM
Alright, bottom line is I jumped the gun. I got my magazines in on Saturday and I am beyond impressed. I was expecting surplus mags and I'd swear by looking at the ones I got they're brand new! My online account still says processing but I got the order in in about a week. Will probably order more next month.
jdoming728
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 11:53:24 AM
[Last Edit: 3/26/2012 12:04:56 PM by jdoming728]
Copes is a little slow and it took them about a week to ship mine out... What I received was well worth it most of the parts were new or in new condition even thought they said used in the ad, and the two barrels I got from them were top notch..Yea on the still processing thing I have one from surplus ammo still processing a week later and still no answer.... Ill bet I get it before some one answers myE-Mail..
A Man dont have to die to go to hell!!
The_Beer_Slayer
Combat Moderator
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:26:45 PM
copes is good people. i have likely put the owners kids through college by now.
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
supplemental.
TheGrandIllusion
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 2:56:21 PM
I've always been pleased with Cope's.
Krink
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 1:00:58 AM
I've always had quick service with both Copes and K-var
my only bitch is K-vars shipping always seems high
sparky923
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 1:36:18 AM
Originally Posted By TheGrandIllusion:
I've always been pleased with Cope's.

purevl2
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:26:06 AM
Originally Posted By Krink:
I've always had quick service with both Copes and K-var
my only bitch is K-vars shipping always seems high

Email KVAR when you order something or just ask for USPS in the comments field. MIchelle will take care of you.
suprmatch
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 5:06:45 PM
Originally Posted By purevl2:

I would have to agree with Atlantic. Copes has always done me right and I believe their website even notes that they are SLAMMED due to the stupid panic buying.

If you wanted unparalleled service you should have bought 8 months ago or in a year from now.

Even K-Var, who has had notoriously bad service has REALLY stepped up their game. I recently ordered a FSB and was only charged $5 for shipping after emailing their delightful customer service rep, Michelle.

Vendors like Atlantic and AIM, however, have and will always have great customer service, despite how busy they get.

+1 The panic buying has already started from what my local toy shop tells me. They can't keep anything in stock more than a few days.

I want to buy LC 5.56 brass
amadeus76
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:35:55 PM
Originally Posted By suprmatch:
Originally Posted By purevl2:

+1 The panic buying has already started from what my local toy shop tells me. They can't keep anything in stock more than a few days.

Noticed this as well... It's why I bought my 47 now while prices are still reasonable instead of waiting till fall which was my original plan. I've walked into 3 gun stores around here in the last few weeks where the back shelf where all the fun rifles are kept was almost completely bare. That's when I realized the panic had begun and I needed to jump before prices get stupid.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED