Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2010 6:55:05 PM EDT
Is there a fix for an AK Style front sight?
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Google search as recommended above.  Big hammer method does work.

Other recommendations include removing the two pins with a punch or drilling them out.  Canting the sight the way you think it needs to go.  Then redrill holes and replace pins ( or use roll pins as replacements if you had to drill out oversize).

Or smack it with a BFH.........
Link Posted: 12/23/2010 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the big hammer method on my WASR 10-63. Worked like a charm. Its an AK, not some wimpy AR, it can take it. Just smack it with the hammer. If it doesn't move then smack it harder. Repeat until sight is not canted anymore. Use this method at your own risk.
Link Posted: 12/23/2010 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I fixed it, but I did take the time to take the pins out before hitting it with the hammer. They went back in afterwards. Thanks for the help
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top