Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 5:33:56 PM EDT
If cost wasn't an issue, where would you mount an Aimpoint T1 or T2?
RS Regulate side rail mount? Ultimak gas block mount?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I use an Ultimak on my MAK 90, with a Primary Arms Microdot on a 3/4 inch riser. Simple, very fast in use, easy to clean. The RDS is on a QD base so it comes off and back on very quickly and repeatably. The Ultimak attaches very rigidly to the barrel so there is minimal if any point of impact change. After 4000 rounds I have had ZERO problems with this set up.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1756605_My-Zhukov-arrived------with-PICS-.html

Here are some pics from an earlier thread showing the set up. You may wish to use a shorter, or no riser, depending on how the rifle fits you. This set up works FOR ME. And for the naysayers, it is no higher than a Colt scope mounted in a carry handle.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No question.......Ultimak gas block all the way on the AK platform.

TC
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard good things about the Attero Bravo mount.  Definitely a good option if you're wanting it mounted further back than the gas tube.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I use RS Regulate side mounts.  They have one that's skinny and looks right with a micro dot instead of looking like a tiny red dot on a huge mount.

This:  https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XRSAK301&name=RS+Products+AK-301M+Front+Biased+Optic+Mount+Base&search=RS
Plus this:  https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XRSAK300AKML&name=RS+Products+AKML+Aimpoint%C2%AE+Micro+and+similar+Micro+optic+mount&search=RS
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my ultimak for pure function.  I also really like the RS regulate mounts but wouldn't trust any side mount as much as the ultimak when the rifle starts to take a beating.   In the back of my head I always think if I dropped a rifle using the side mount and it lands on the optic there will be a huge amount of force applied to the side rail just due to the leverage amplifying the impact.   In reality, this might be a good thing for the optic and they will be a slight amount of give so it doesn't have to take the brunt of the impact, but at the same time the ultimak tucks a micro so well that you would have to drop it or bang the optic on something just perfectly to really damage it, and you would need to apply enough force to nearly bend the barrel to move the ultimak out of zero.

Micro dot= Ultimak all day everyday for unmatched reliability
RS regulate= Magnified optics or plinker that you change optics on more frequently or for pure aesthetics.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a MI 30mm side mount with either PA 30mm or Aimpoint 30mm red dots. My favorite approach.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#7]
RS Regulate for fixed stock rifles + UltiMAK for a side-folder/under-folders.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RS Regulate for fixed stock rifles + UltiMAK for a side-folder/under-folders.
View Quote
This is the correct answer although I use the RS Regulate mount on my side-folders, SLR-107 & SLR-104. I only use the UltiMak on underfolders, pistols and rifles which don't have the receiver optics rail. These two mounts are the best in the business and I consider them military grade.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Preferably, I would like my red dot mounted forward on an RS Regulate, which would sit right behind the rear iron sight.  This is also the position most people mount the red dot on an AR.  This gives good eye relief, yet faster acquisition of the dot and target, and with both eyes open, lets the scope itself reduce it's visibility.  Also, this gives a better weight balance for the gun, especially for 16" barrel lengths.   However, my Draco pistol has it mounted on a Zenit forend, because I have no side rail.   It's a shorter barrel, so the weight balance is not as much affected.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is the correct answer although I use the RS Regulate mount on my side-folders, SLR-107 & SLR-104. I only use the UltiMak on underfolders, pistols and rifles which don't have the receiver optics rail. These two mounts are the best in the business and I consider them military grade.
View Quote
I wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top