Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 9:09:06 PM EDT
So, I tried the search function and it gave me nothing and I trust you guys WAY more than the Google Oracle.  I have an ACOG a Trijicon MRO, and a host of EOTECHS (yeah I know the cold hot thing but don't care) the ACOG is on a Mega build, the MRO is on a Tavor and the EOTECHS are on other "stuff".  My question is this;  I know that Trijicon (and EOTECH frankly) are a quality products.  I have heard nothing but great things about both Primary Arms and Halosun (I know they are related) for my AK do I need to spend the extra cheese or is the Halo everything "they" say.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been using a PA red dot (MD 6? IIRC) on an Ultimak railed gas tube for 6-7 years. It has been shot over 3500 rounds with zero problems. I used a riser that allows me to see the irons underneath. You may or may not need one depending on your preferences. I have removed the sight several times for cleaning the gun. The sight returns to zero every time. Ok maybe one or two clicks here and there, but not enough to be an issue under any circumstances. I really like the set up and it makes for very fast target sighting. Ultimak rocks!!

ETA: Don't have any experience with Holosun, but the PA red dots rock as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Halosun Torture Test

I know that the models with the ACSS reticle are tasted a bit tougher. It was hard to believe the amount of damage this thing can take.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Halosun Torture Test

I know that the models with the ACSS reticle are tasted a bit tougher. It was hard to believe the amount of damage this thing can take.
View Quote
I would avoid the Holosun with ACSS reticle. Such a small tube; with that busy of a reticle; all the way in the front.  Unless you have better than 20/20 version.  Stuck with a red dot or a circle dot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Holosun/PA Red dot I didn't beat up like those guys did but could handle 12 gauge recoil like a boss and retain zero on its stock torx screw mount. I decided to mount it on a Bobro lower 1/3rd mount and place it on my secondary AR. 5000rds later it still holds zero and works.

I have no problem recommending one. I have 2 Aimpoint T1s but won't buy anymore because of price and the Holosun/PA have worked so well. No experience with ACSS reticule though.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top