Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2017 11:21:24 PM EDT
I have a Romanian LPS 4x4 Tip2 scope that was made for a Romanian SVD rifle. I was wondering if anyone tried using it on a 7.62 x 39mm AK?
I do realize that BDC chevrons are for the 7.62 x 54 bullets but I'd learn how to use it as long as there is a way to modify the bracket. Currently I can install the scope on my AK rifle by sliding it from the front, but it appears to "point" too low. I raised the reticle all the way up but it's still too low at 100 Yards.
Kalinka optics sells a new adapter bracket that will raise the scope and allow it to be installed on the rifle from the rear. I was wondering if the new bracket will slightly raise the trajectory too, so the scope can be used on an AK rifle?
Any ideas? I'd hate to throw away the scope. It's in perfect condition.
Here is the link for the bracket: LINK
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The scope is not designed to slide on from the front, it's an SVD mount and not compatible with a typical AK side rail. Here's some additional reading that will make more sense: http://russianoptics.net/Concepts.html

However, it is very easy to swap the mounting clamp to the one you linked to. I have done exactly that on my LPS/TIP2 and SLR105

If you have run out of elevation you may still have a problem with the new clamp, but I think that is less likely. It ought to work properly. Additionally there is a method to increase the windage or elevation travel of the PSO type optic. The normal range is about 3/4 turn, but you can loosen a couple screws and make a full 1 3/4 turn typically. That should get you zeroed at 100

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:23:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your reply. I do realize that the SVD mount is not for AK rifles, but it does slide over the mount and gets somewhat tight. I'm just concerned that the scope is that far off on elevation. It hits about 3 ft high at 25 yards. Obviously, the scope does not have enough adjustment. I will order the adapter bracket. Hopefully it does have an offset to bring the scope aligned with the bullet trajectory.

BTW, you have a nice website (assuming it's yours)
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it will be ok once you mount the AK clamp to it but if you have any issues let me know

The website is indeed mine, and thank you for the compliment. So many people have taught me about the AK I wanted to do something for the community too
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top