Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2016 5:16:37 PM EDT
Guys, I am looking for a Elcan type sight for a Romanian AES10B RPK type rifle I got in a trade.  I am looking for a lower powered optic calibrated for the 7.62x39 round.  All the scopes I have seen are really more geared for a 16 inch barreled AK and have a BDC for up to 500 yards.  I want something that has BDC out to 700 yards or further so I can take advantage of the 23 inch barrel of the AES10B.  I am trying to avoid putting on a full blown scope on the rifle but have a 6X SS mil/mil scope ready to go if I can't find a suitable scope.  Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Off the top of my head the closest combloc option would be a Tabuk sniper scope which are calibrated for 762 and have longer barrels like the RPK, but they are pretty rare. They are also fixed 4x rather than 1-4 or 1 or 4x

Z
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You've got several options actually.

You can choose fixed power and get one of the Primary Arms 3x scopes with BDC to 600yds or a 4x ACOG with the ACSS reticule with BDC to 800yds.

7.62x39 Primary Arms 3x ACSS Reticle

4x ACOG with ACSS Reticle

For variable power, there is the Hi Lux Leatherwood CMR AK 1-4x with BDC out to 900yds, the Primary Arms 1-6x with BDC to 600yds, and the LEUPOLD MARK 4 MR/T 1.5-5X20MM  (.300BLK) with BDC to 900yds

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/premium-optics-solutions-300-aac-blackout/

I know those aren't similar to an ELCAN, but I figured I'd suggest them as they meet your requirements for BDC more or less.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
MAC21500,

Thanks for the info.  The Leatherwood CMR might just be the ticket.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top