Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2016 3:53:40 PM EDT
I just got an Obzor in today.

I've only ever used battery powered reflex sights so I don't know how bright these things should be.

Outdoors, the reticle seems fair.

Indoors on an overcast afternoon, looking at a dark area, it is faint but visible.

In a pitch black closet, the reticle is not as bright as the tritium front post on a pistol.

Is this normal or did I get a lemon?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A review of the optic from member TX-Zen's awesome sight:
Obzor

Is this what you're seeing?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the brightness is correct and not a lemon

Russian/Soviet tritium is typically not very bright on purpose. I have heard this is because they are intended to be used when your eyes have adjusted to your own night vision. Brighter tritium will interfere with your ability to see in a true night time environment

For the same reason 1P29 tritium vial is very dim when relit and so is Rakurs in my experience.

Z
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like the brightness is correct and not a lemon

Russian/Soviet tritium is typically not very bright on purpose. I have heard this is because they are intended to be used when your eyes have adjusted to your own night vision. Brighter tritium will interfere with your ability to see in a true night time environment

For the same reason 1P29 tritium vial is very dim when relit and so is Rakurs in my experience.

Z
View Quote

OK, good to know.

Do you by any chance know what the angle per click is on the rear adjustments? I would RTFM but I can't read Russian.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
They are large; the PK-AS for example has 2 MOA adjustments

Zeroing Procedures
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top