Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2015 3:58:57 PM EDT
Are there any side mount options that allow for the stock fold without interference?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you try 'shaving down' (cutting or even melting) the buttstock, I don't see how this is possible. As far as I know, you still maintain 'zero' with most good sights when you take them on/off. But unless you have a legit NEED to keep the rifle stored stock-folded AND with an optic still on it... I wouldn't get wrapped up in this too much...

I'll leave this link here, not sure how much it'll help. But IMHO, these are the best side-mount scopes money can buy:
http://kalinkaoptics.com/
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
No real need to keep the mount on when folded. I assumed the cut out in the stock was there to clear a side mount. Looks like it is there to clear mount on the receiver.
Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh you mean the actual like riveted into the receiver 'side mount'. Ah, I thought you just meant the 'side mount' that attached to the side mount

Confusing, anyway. Yes, the 'AK-100' style folders should close just fine over the side-mount.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top